BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-09-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
flipk337
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

N57 - Replaced injectors seals - now diesel leak

Hey all, first time post.

My car: 2011 BMW x3 F25 35d (N57)

Background: I replaced the copper seal on the 6 injectors, carefully as possible. I cleaned the seat using a kit designed for it (attaching to a drill) and also use d a seat cleaner so the copper seal would be flush.

the issue: All went well, so it seemed, car started and went for a drive. Then I got code: 247500 (Rail pressure too low) and cleared it via ISTA, but it came back. I opened the hood and cylinders 2, 3 and 4 are sitting a puddle of diesel. As well as the side of the engine block next to the oil filter housing.

I had my friend rev the engine (3k RPM) and and I didn't see any bubbles coming from the high pressure hose, but rather from the rail. See picture.

Why did this occur? I fear if I replace the rail, I don't know what actually caused the rail to crack? I am not an expert, so please feel free to rip this apart.

Name:  leak-diesel.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  390.3 KB
Appreciate 0