BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-08-2017, 11:22 PM   #89
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
G02 X4 M40i in action at Nurburgring:

to my ears the X4M40i exhaust sounds better than the X3M40i..thought it logically shouldn't.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00
      11-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #90
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Still not a real M

I own sn 35 which was the first X4M40i released to the public as well as a 2001 , 13k mile M Roadster. Until BMW puts quad exhaust on the car it will never be a real M car. Odd that you can get a rear bunper and quad exhaust tip setup for the regular X4 from a big euro tuner but not the M4x. Of course the rear cladding on the cars is configured differently and the X4M has a true dual exhaust from front to rear vs the X4 single pipe also. IMHO
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #91
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

I've only just noticed from these pics.

The boot release, there is no space for a hand press lever like on the X3...so I assume it's a little like the 6 series Coupe, 1 series hatch or a VW golf where you press the badge in to manually open.

I realise it's 2017 though and no one really manually opens their SAV boot.
      11-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #92
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Jason

I know its the X3s time to shine with G01 reveal but......any more news on the X4 progress and reveals?
      11-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #93
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Jason

I know its the X3s time to shine with G01 reveal but......any more news on the X4 progress and reveals?
JustChris

April 2018 Production Start for G02 X4. Official Reveal probably after 1st of the Year. I shot the car w/ No Camo back in July. So already revealed...just not “Officially’’ revealed. Thanks. Palbay
Attached Images

11-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #94
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
JustChris

April 2018 Production Start for G02 X4. Official Reveal probably after 1st of the Year. I shot the car w/ No Camo back in July. So already revealed...just not “Officially’’ revealed. Thanks. Palbay
Thanks Palbay
      11-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #95
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
JustChris

Thought they would reveal in December. Would have lov d to see how it looks in non msport form before I make my final decision on the X3M40i.
Appreciate 1
Palbay584.00
      12-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #96
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

I really want to see this in the metal and like it. I recall being so excited last generation with the looks of the X4 concept in LBB, reality last time around wasn't a design I was a huge fan off.

This time I think the production cars alone of this thread look great and haven't needed a concept launch to sex things up.

I can really see a X4 40d replacing the M2.
      01-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #97
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Wink

Am I the only one who thinks that its no possible way that bmw will bring out a highly anticipated X4 with taillights like this ?? I feel these are butchered versions going to the chop shop or possibly photo shopped or something.

Either way I believe the taillights will match or be similar to the x3's just wider and definitely it must keep the LED L shape pattern or it wouldn't be a BMW now would it ??

Just food for thought, we are shy a few months so only time will tell.

Ive been driving sedans and coupes for a while and while driving them is a absolute blast.

More space, higher ride, fatter bigger tires with the same or better 0-60 times. Panoramic roofs. This might be my next vehicle later this year.

Cheers

Quote:
JustChris

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #98
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkash View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that its no possible way that bmw will bring out a highly anticipated X4 with taillights like this ?? I feel these are butchered versions going to the chop shop or possibly photo shopped or something.

Either way I believe the taillights will match or be similar to the x3's just wider and definitely it must keep the LED L shape pattern or it wouldn't be a BMW now would it ??

Ive been driving sedans and coupes for a while and while driving them is a absolute blast.

More space, higher ride, fatter bigger tires with the same or better 0-60 times. Panoramic roofs. This might be my next vehicle later this year.

Cheers

Quote:
JustChris

Only time will tell. Not sure why they would have a false style on show? Usually just camo. Looks great and much better than the X3 ones which are the only minor design element I'm not sir sure off.
      01-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #99
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Quote:
JustChris

Only time will tell. Not sure why they would have a false style on show? Usually just camo. Looks great and much better than the X3 ones which are the only minor design element I'm not sir sure off.
I guess that's a good point. But look at the angles then look at the on road testing the back end is in camo but you can definitely tell a little difference.

Also how come the only footage or pictures of the back end from then to now is that? You telling me from then to now that's all somebody caught??? I think bmw has a different plan. But non the less I think I'd get it either way
Appreciate 1
JustChris17485.50
      01-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #100
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Quote:
JustChris

I guess that's a good point. But look at the angles then look at the on road testing the back end is in camo but you can definitely tell a little difference.

Also how come the only footage or pictures of the back end from then to now is that? You telling me from then to now that's all somebody caught??? I think bmw has a different plan. But non the less I think I'd get it either way
I do agree the total lack of X4 cars caught on camera is weird! I really hope it does look like those cars on the trailer.
      01-21-2018, 03:38 AM   #101
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I do agree the total lack of X4 cars caught on camera is weird! I really hope it does look like those cars on the trailer.
If it comes with those taillights it will look good only in dark colors
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 04:47 AM   #102
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Quote:
If it comes with those taillights it will look good only in dark colors
Well that's one opinion. Personally I think the white looks great. ETTO.
      02-03-2018, 04:29 AM   #103
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
looks like there are no body gap at all around the taillights. kinda weird to look at it.
I agree, but BMW have stated they are aiming for far more precise shutlines, thus decreasing panel gaps for a far higher quality appearance (apparently Audi is very good at this)

Having said that, there aren’t usually gaps around the rear light clusters, why would there be ?

Last edited by nozydog; 02-03-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:53 AM   #104
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
I don't know why all the hate. I like how sleek the rear looks, BUT, it doesn't talk to the front of the car..which looks a bit "bulky(?)", feminine, as someone pointed out in the other thread.

I already don't like the lack of character that each model has, copying the same front on the X3/4 and X5/6. If the X4 had its own front design, it might have had a more coherent design all around.
Yeah rear looks real good to me, I don’t mind the ‘chunky’ looking front end (I think it’s an intentional attempt to give it that rugged 4x4 look) although I’m not keen on the new x3 headlights which they seem to have carried over to this car! Definitely agree they should have given this car it’s own bespoke front end!

Hoping this car’s dynamics are close to those of the Macan... as it may be a cheaper alternative... maybe not at list price, but at least BMW give discounts!! An X4 M40i for say £50k list could be had for around £45k maybe... I’d go for that!

Last edited by nozydog; 02-03-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #105
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I’d say these cars look pretty real, the rear lights look identical on each one and don’t appear to have been PS’d. Hooydonk has stated that each new model will get a character of its own, in other words they won’t copy Audi’s method of just replicating the same car in different sizes! My only reservation is how come there are so many on this transporter when production hasn’t even begun yet?
Appreciate 1
JustChris17485.50
      02-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #106
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Quote:

I’d say these cars look pretty real, the rear lights look identical on each one and don’t appear to have been PS’d. Hooydonk has stated that each new model will get a character of its own, in other words they won’t copy Audi’s method of just replicating the same car in different sizes! My only reservation is how come there are so many on this transporter when production hasn’t even begun yet?
We won't know till we know
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-06-2018, 05:10 AM   #107
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We won't for sure I agree, but these don't appear very 'butchered' to me. I think the rear looks real good here and I hope they're the real deal. I agree it's strange that there may be no official reveal, although this car is certainly not at the forefront of BMW's range... I've only seen one locally where I live... in fact here in the UK I rarely see these at all!! Maybe BMW don't feel it's launch warrants much fuss!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 05:59 AM   #108
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
to my ears the X4M40i exhaust sounds better than the X3M40i..thought it logically shouldn't.
Sounds great here! Are we sure this isn't the X4 M, which I've heard is a reality! Hope this is the M40i, I won't be able to afford the full M car!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #109
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We won't for sure I agree, but these don't appear very 'butchered' to me. I think the rear looks real good here and I hope they're the real deal. I agree it's strange that there may be no official reveal, although this car is certainly not at the forefront of BMW's range... I've only seen one locally where I live... in fact here in the UK I rarely see these at all!! Maybe BMW don't feel it's launch warrants much fuss!!
I hear you 100 percent! Either way it's not to bad just hope the shape is proportioned correctly or it'll be a mess. I drove the x3 M40i and tbh it drives sooo good. It's faster then my 335 sedan so if the x4 M40 is anything like this and it may be better being with dynamics and alll that I'm all for it and will forget sedans even exists. With lowered springs m package and dynamics added ecu tune your in full M territory under the buck. And you'll have an enjoyable daily sav beast. In sport mode that thing shifts and vibrates your whole cabin. On throttle release on hard acceleration it just burbles so perfect each time.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00
      02-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #110
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds great here! Are we sure this isn't the X4 M, which I've heard is a reality! Hope this is the M40i, I won't be able to afford the full M car!!
Won't even news the full M to be honest. With a little tuning your right where you need to be and can actually push lol.

The x4 m40 should be out by fall my lease is done in July so I timed perfectly. Payments gon be in the 800-1000 range although unfortunate lol
Appreciate 0