BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-24-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
Spatch
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M-Sport

A Couple of Questions

Hi,

As per the title, I have a couple of questions. I have found a partial answer to one of them but I was hoping for a bit more info.

1) I have the M Sport package with the sports suspension (S226A). I have the Eco Pro, Sport, Sport+ buttons etc. I am trying to establish if when I switch to Sport mode, is suspension stiffened up? When I bought the car, they said the Sport button stiffened the chasis, but does this mean the chasis, or is it just stiffening the shocks slightly? I have to say, switching between Comfort and Sport is not particularly perceptible damping wise, but I do think it seems to reduce roll etc. Any thoughts on what actually happens here?

2) The car obviously has climate control with a setpoint temperature dialed in. It then has a small thumbwheel between the two middle vents that is supposed to control the temp of the air. To me, these would seem to be working against each other. Some replies on here have said that the car will control to the set temp, but using the air whose temp is controlled by the thumbwheel. How then could it cool to a temp if the air temp set by the thumbwheel is set to warm?

Many thanks for info.
Mark
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 03:42 AM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

1 If you have adjustable dampers - option - they will be firm in Sport and Sport+

2 Thumbwheel will enable fresh air to face.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 05:50 AM   #3
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

If the M Sport X3 is purchased with VDC, the MSport suspension is automatically deleted, so you should not see S226A on the list when you check the VIN code see below.

To find out which options are on the car, check the VIN code of the vehicle. The last 7 digits need to be put in.

http://www.bmwvin.com/
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 09-24-2016 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
Spatch
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M-Sport

Hi,

I have done the vin check, the s226a option is listed which is the sports suspension. What I am trying to ascertain is what this actually does to the cars suspension, if anything, when I change from comfort to sport. I do not have vdc.

Regarding the temp thumb wheel, I thought this was more than just fresh air. So what you are saying is that the middle two vents can be controlled independently of the other vents via the thumb wheel, and it is always fresh air from the outside? In other words other vents could be warming car but middle vents could be blowing cold air to face?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Blowing cold air in your face is prime objective - could be adjusted to luke warm.

If not adjustable dampers - nada to your chassis. AUTO-gearbox, throttle and steering will be different though. Steering only if you have sportsteering
Appreciate 0