BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #89
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Contacted my broker today - and they gave a vaguish update on my delivery .. Build Mid October - delivery End of October... subject to change blah de blah etc. etc..

I would have though shipping from USA would take longer than 2 weeks though...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #90
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Still waiting for an update on whether or not have yet got a build date rescheduled. Was told that I was on what amounted to a priority list for scheduling - and that was good news! rather just not been scheduled! Build schedules would have been updated end of July so hoping to hear something soon. End of the week may be crunch time and a decision as to whether I continue this order or look at the alternatives.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #91
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Contacted my broker today - and they gave a vaguish update on my delivery .. Build Mid October - delivery End of October... subject to change blah de blah etc. etc..

I would have though shipping from USA would take longer than 2 weeks though...
Probably. The car might wait ~a week for a shipment allocation at Charleston followed by 2-3 weeks on the boat to Southampton. Then you've a ~week whilst they turn the car around at Thorne. Then the dealer has it for a few days.
Mine was 6 weeks build-to-delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #92
fetcs
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Serie 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Probably. The car might wait ~a week for a shipment allocation at Charleston followed by 2-3 weeks on the boat to Southampton. Then you've a ~week whilst they turn the car around at Thorne. Then the dealer has it for a few days.
Mine was 6 weeks build-to-delivery.
Kermit,
I am in Belgium and my car has the 160 status (released to distribution), so I believe that it may arrive here in around 30 days. I believe that soon it may move to status 180, when I can try to track it.
After reading that yours took 6 weeks from build-to-delivery, I'm afraid that I'm being a little bit optimistic.

Last edited by fetcs; 08-07-2014 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #93
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
And so the wait begins !

Well, I've just taken the plunge and ordered an X3 to replace my current X1 23d MSport.

I've loved every mile in the X1 over the last three years and now have to wait till March 2015 to get the new one.

Hope I've made the right choice

A 3 series x drive touring would probably suit but when you look at the prices of them in comparison to the X3, and then the residual values it's a bit of a no brainer to go for the X3

So the bit you are all waiting for ... the spec I've gone for Xline 20d auto (my first and the driver in me says get a manual but I have been persuaded to go for the auto ... is this the right choice ? )

Xenon's, sport seats, privacy glass, extended storage, luggage net, folding dimming mirrors, metallic and mocha interior.

Now the colour .... ordered as silver but have an inkling for either the Red or sparkling brown .... go on give me your opinions ?

If I went for Red I'd probably change to black interior or Brown ... maybe beige ? or oyster ?

Is Sparkling brown and Mocha too much like a Bourbon biscuit ?

I have left the nav as the standard business set up. I currently have pro nav in the X1 but to be honest rarely use the nav, (call me a dinosaur but I kinda like looking at a map and planning a route) and never once used the online thingy's in the last three years. I suppose the RTTI would be useful for my commute but I find that my free WAZE on the Iphone is quicker at telling me of problems. I think the business nav has been upgraded so it wont be much different from my 3 yr old prov nav apart from a slightly smaller screen, which seems to be better integrated into the dash than in the pre LCI model

so there you go ... only ... don't want to think how many sleeps

Andy
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #94
stevemdaw
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0 MSport

I've had a 2.0 M Sport on order since 06APR2014.

The original delivery date was week 35, wc 25AUG2014, but it's been gradually slipping back a week every month.

I had a call yesterday to say that the latest delivery date is week 39 (22SEP2014).

I'm getting Space Grey with Black leather (due to kids). I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #95
fetcs
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemaw View Post
I've had a 2.0 M Sport on order since 06APR2014.

The original delivery date was week 35, wc 25AUG2014, but it's been gradually slipping back a week every month.

I had a call yesterday to say that the latest delivery date is week 39 (22SEP2014).

I'm getting Space Grey with Black leather (due to kids). I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
stevemaw,

Do you have your VIN and/or the production status code?

Mine was ordered, in Belgium, 06May, with expected delivery date around mid-September. I know that production was finished at 04Aug.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #96
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Well, I've just taken the plunge and ordered an X3 to replace my current X1 23d MSport.

I've loved every mile in the X1 over the last three years and now have to wait till March 2015 to get the new one.

A 3 series x drive touring would probably suit but when you look at the prices of them in comparison to the X3, and then the residual values it's a bit of a no brainer to go for the X3

So the bit you are all waiting for ... the spec I've gone for Xline 20d auto (my first and the driver in me says get a manual but I have been persuaded to go for the auto ... is this the right choice ? )

Xenon's, sport seats, privacy glass, extended storage, luggage net, folding dimming mirrors, metallic and mocha interior.

Now the colour .... ordered as silver but have an inkling for either the Red or sparkling brown .... go on give me your opinions ?

If I went for Red I'd probably change to black interior or Brown ... maybe beige ? or oyster ?

I have left the nav as the standard business set up. I currently have pro nav in the X1 but to be honest rarely use the nav, (call me a dinosaur but I kinda like looking at a map and planning a route) and never once used the online thingy's in the last three years. I suppose the RTTI would be useful for my commute but I find that my free WAZE on the Iphone is quicker at telling me of problems. I think the business nav has been upgraded so it wont be much different from my 3 yr old prov nav apart from a slightly smaller screen, which seems to be better integrated into the dash than in the pre LCI model

Andy
Spot on.

Almost identical spec to mine. Only difference is the glass and storage. The (UK) standard Nav is fine, the screen is superb and I don't feel I'm missing much (the vertical silver trims make up the space. You *won't* get the flashy dash with all the mini tft screens - just a normal analogue mpg dial and the normal info screen between the tacho and speedo. The flashy dash comes as part of the Professional Package upgrade. Not immediately clear from the limited info on the BMW website.

I've got an old iPod nano and that integrates seamlessly via just the USB port; album covers appear on the screen etc. Brilliant.

The Mocha interior is sublime. I hooked it up with Dark Copper trim and Deep Sea Blue met. paint. Looks great, especially with the Xenon lights, which have the slight bluey tint. Daytime running lights great also. The best bit though is the engine - it's a masterpiece. Makes my 08 118d sound like a tractor; it's so smooth and quiet it's uncanny. Not properly opened it up yet, still breaking it in. Gearbox also excellent. I'm used to a DSG semi-auto so was very pleasantly suprised that the shifts in manual mode are quick (not DSG-quick but no significant delay either).
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #97
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetcs View Post
stevemaw,

Mine was ordered, in Belgium, 06May, with expected delivery date around mid-September. I know that production was finished at 04Aug.
fetcs: It might be worth you checking on the WWL website to see if it's been allocated a ship. Do you have your VIN yet - your dealer would know it by now? Theres a great long thread on here somewhere by "sfax" that goes into detail about how to track a car. It's genius.

Mine never appeared on the WWL shipment tracking website - but I worked out which ship mine was on by doing a wildcard entry (%) and seeing other cars that must have been built at around the same time, since the VIN numbers are sequential, to see which ships they were on. Chances are yours is on the same one. Use the WWL schedules too.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #98
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI 20D

Quote:

Andy

Great Spec - I have been driving mine (2.0D SE LCI) for 2 months now!

Auto - Also my first time, but its great and I would never consider anything else on this car. Dont worry - you made the right choice.

Xenons - Excellent visibility - also a "must have " option for me

Extended Storage - Not good value (£330!) would probably not choose this next time

Colour - Mine is Sapphire Black/Oyster leather/Burr Walnut trim.
Oyster looks really classy with the Burr Walnut and new piano black on dashboard. Exterior gets dirty quickly - but hey this is a 4x4 not a limo!

Sat Nav - I also have the standard Business Media - I'ts good enough for me, but the Professional has some nice additions such as Idrive Touch, DVD play, hard disc recording, voice control as well as RTTI & bigger screen - I would have to consider it next time round.

Engine - New engine is a dream - quiet and quick - big improvment over old one.

Worth the wait....
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #99
fetcs
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
fetcs: It might be worth you checking on the WWL website to see if it's been allocated a ship. Do you have your VIN yet - your dealer would know it by now? Theres a great long thread on here somewhere by "sfax" that goes into detail about how to track a car. It's genius.

Mine never appeared on the WWL shipment tracking website - but I worked out which ship mine was on by doing a wildcard entry (%) and seeing other cars that must have been built at around the same time, since the VIN numbers are sequential, to see which ships they were on. Chances are yours is on the same one. Use the WWL schedules too.
Kermit: My dealer sent me my VIN. I already checked on WWL, but no results, yet. I followed your suggestion, that is fantastic. I found one ended by 555, while mine is 586. I'll keep on checking. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #100
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:

Andy
My view is the standard X3 is very generous with its spec and pretty much anything we add on tends to be a luxury. I can't think of any "must have" features that aren't already there although clearly there are lots of goodies that can be added.
      08-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #101
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Thanks for the replies guys ... it is always a dilemma what to spec and what not to spec

This will be my first new car for many years, decided a few years ago that nearly new was better, and it usually is ... my x1 was ex BMW UK with minimal mileage and a very significant saving and the E90 before that was a pre-reg, again at a big saving.

But the X3 is no bargain second hand !! Nearly new are at list or over and even three/four year old cars are still in the mid twenties. I got a very good deal on this new one, which swung me towards my first new car for many years.. long may the second hand values remain strong !

As for spec .. both my last two BMW's had pro-nav .. but I cant see the value in it over Bus NAV .. now that I'm paying with my own money

Extended storage ... yeah agree not good value ... however my 5 year old uses the power point in the rear of the X1 all the time ( it has ext storage) on long journeys .. and the cup holders in the arm rest ... and the power point in the boot .. for a fridge and blowing up bike tyres and bedding when camping ... so it would be something that I would have missed ...

Ditto the luggage net ... the car will be regularly used to go to see family in the West of Ireland and also camping trips where it will be full to the roof ... In my opinion it should be standard as it is in the 3 series

I really fancy adding the heated steering wheel ... again pointless extravangance

Glad that you guys love the one's that you have .. I have driven the 8 speed auto in a 118d service loan car and thought it was great ...

I hope that demand continues to exceed supply particularly in the UK !!

There are some things that I will miss about the X1 that I currently have ... not least the fact that it can hustle like a sportscar and really motor on ... but I'm hoping for better economy and a more comforting ride ...

I'm thinking that my colour choice may change ... there are perhaps too many silver/grey/black ones about .. so I may yet end up with a Red one !!

Andy
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #102
stevemdaw
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetcs View Post
stevemaw,

I haven't got either yet, though I'm going to see the dealer on Saturday. Apparently they want to revisit my part-exchange value and have asked to see my current car again. I hope they are not expecting to see a car with similar mileage to the one they saw 4 months ago when I signed the deal. I explained at the time that I live in Manchester, but work in Liverpool and hence did high mileage. I just checked the paperwork again, and in small print it does say they can revalue the part exchange if delivery takes more than 5 months from order. I'm expecting a juicy conversation.
Hopefully it will work out ok, but I'll admit that they offered me nearly 2k more than I was expecting at the time for the part-ex amount. Let's see.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #103
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Andy - the X3 Xline (don't know about any others) come with 3x power sockets as standard - one in the front cup holders; one in the central arm rest (plus a USB socket); and one in the boot.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #104
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Andy - the X3 Xline (don't know about any others) come with 3x power sockets as standard - one in the front cup holders; one in the central arm rest (plus a USB socket); and one in the boot.
Thanks Kermit, you may have just saved me £330 as the extra sockets are the important bit for me
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #105
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Thanks Kermit, you may have just saved me £330 as the extra sockets are the important bit for me
My 2011 SE spec has 3 power points so I'm assuming the same is true of the LCI. Would be nice if BMW UK would finally get an LCI brochure online.
      08-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #106
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
My 2011 SE spec has 3 power points so I'm assuming the same is true of the LCI. Would be nice if BMW UK would finally get an LCI brochure online.
I went in to a dealer back in April to see an X3 - which they didn't have any of.. I asked for a brochure - that again they didn't have any of either.

2 days ago I received a brochure in the post - which was pre-LCI...! Car was ordered 3mths ago :-)

However the brochure did have the X-line in - I thought that was a new model for LCI refresh?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #107
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Finally got an update today on why my Xline order is delayed. Appears to be that there is a shortage of type 607 wheels (an 18"). Apparently if I change to 608 (19") at a premium of £800 the order can progress. Doubt that's gonna happen - unless BMW are feeling generous! Can change to 605s at nil cost and that "might" get the order going! However I'm not that keen on that style of wheel. Can't get a definitive build date yet though for any of those options and don't particularly want to change if it's not gone to change delivery much.
I have one proposal to make that they put any old wheels on to get the car to the dealer and then the dealer put my winter wheels (from my current X3) on before I take delivery. Surely then the could get the wheels I want before next march for my summer tyres! However I have a feeling that that solution will be well beyond the logistical capabilities of BMW to organise!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #108
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
I went in to a dealer back in April to see an X3 - which they didn't have any of.. I asked for a brochure - that again they didn't have any of either.

2 days ago I received a brochure in the post - which was pre-LCI...! Car was ordered 3mths ago :-)

However the brochure did have the X-line in - I thought that was a new model for LCI refresh?
I asked the BMW UK twitter account a while back about LCI brochures and they said that they would be available sometime in August...

I wonder if there is going to be a spec change this autumn and this is holding up the brochures (and possibly the cars...).
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #109
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
I asked the BMW UK twitter account a while back about LCI brochures and they said that they would be available sometime in August...

I wonder if there is going to be a spec change this autumn and this is holding up the brochures (and possibly the cars...).
Now you have my attention.. Does that mean I could get some extra spec for free if that happened...? Does that happen normally?

What might we get extra do you think?

(I know it probably won't happen but fun to speculate)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #110
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad
Finally got an update today on why my Xline order is delayed. Appears to be that there is a shortage of type 607 wheels (an 18"). Apparently if I change to 608 (19") at a premium of 800 the order can progress. Doubt that's gonna happen - unless BMW are feeling generous! Can change to 605s at nil cost and that "might" get the order going! However I'm not that keen on that style of wheel. Can't get a definitive build date yet though for any of those options and don't particularly want to change if it's not gone to change delivery much.
I have one proposal to make that they put any old wheels on to get the car to the dealer and then the dealer put my winter wheels (from my current X3) on before I take delivery. Surely then the could get the wheels I want before next march for my summer tyres! However I have a feeling that that solution will be well beyond the logistical capabilities of BMW to organise!
How have you got on with your order ? Have they sorted the wheel problem ?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0