BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #177
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Carbon Black X3 35i

Hi Guys.

So I picked up my brand new Carbon Black X3 35i from the PDC yesterday and drove it back (a little over 500 miles). When I ordered the car, I had both M-Package and also Dynamic Handling Package added. The vehicle inquiry report that was submitted to BMW also had both listed. When I picked my car up yesterday, I noticed that the Dynamic Handling Package was NOT listed on the window sticker. However, I do have the sport/sport+ buttons on the side and they do change the chassis. For example, if your car is stopped on a slight decline, if you switch to the sport mode from normal, you will feel the car stoop lower. I'll be going back to my dealership tomorrow. My SA has already informed me that he will be more than happy to return the difference of the DHP if I think I already have it in the car with the M-Package. Just FYI for you people.

SJ
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #178
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispered View Post
Hi Guys.

So I picked up my brand new Carbon Black X3 35i from the PDC yesterday and drove it back (a little over 500 miles). When I ordered the car, I had both M-Package and also Dynamic Handling Package added. The vehicle inquiry report that was submitted to BMW also had both listed. When I picked my car up yesterday, I noticed that the Dynamic Handling Package was NOT listed on the window sticker. However, I do have the sport/sport+ buttons on the side and they do change the chassis. For example, if your car is stopped on a slight decline, if you switch to the sport mode from normal, you will feel the car stoop lower. I'll be going back to my dealership tomorrow. My SA has already informed me that he will be more than happy to return the difference of the DHP if I think I already have it in the car with the M-Package. Just FYI for you people.

SJ
So since the DHP was not listed on the window sticker, was the MSRP on the window sticker lower than what you had discussed with your dealer during negotiations?

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #179
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
So since the DHP was not listed on the window sticker, was the MSRP on the window sticker lower than what you had discussed with your dealer during negotiations?
Yup. The difference between the MSRP listed in the vehicle inquiry report and the window sticker was exactly $1300... which just so happens to also be the exact MSRP of the DHP.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #180
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Yup. The difference between the MSRP listed in the vehicle inquiry report and the window sticker was exactly $1300... which just so happens to also be the exact MSRP of the DHP.
Yep then you are correct it looks like they did not build your car with DHP. You do however have DDC (dynamic driving control) which is not the same as DHP. I'm attaching the owners manual for reference...go to page 88 and 89. The DDC setup comes in the 35i (either m-sport or "regular") witht the sport activity package. It does as you point out modify the chassis setup for a sportier feel however you do not have dynamic dampening which is what DHP gives you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011_X3_OwnersManual_with_iDrive.pdf (11.20 MB, 527 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #181
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Have you seen a window sticker (not the vehicle inquiry report) for a 35i in the US that lists out both DHP and M-Sport package? My vehicle inquiry report was printed out the day I ordered it, which listed out both DHP and M-Sport. And they didn't start building it until about a month later. I didn't change anything during that waiting time. It's hard to imagine that they would just not go with what was ordered...

Thanks,
SJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
Yep then you are correct it looks like they did not build your car with DHP. You do however have DDC (dynamic driving control) which is not the same as DHP. I'm attaching the owners manual for reference...go to page 88 and 89. The DDC setup comes in the 35i (either m-sport or "regular") witht the sport activity package. It does as you point out modify the chassis setup for a sportier feel however you do not have dynamic dampening which is what DHP gives you.

Last edited by whispered; 06-15-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #182
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Have you seen a window sticker (not the vehicle inquiry report) for a 35i in the US that lists out both DHP and M-Sport package? My vehicle inquiry report was printed out the day I ordered it, which listed out both DHP and M-Sport. And they didn't start building it until about a month later. I didn't change anything during that waiting time. It's hard to imagine that they would just not go with what was ordered...

Thanks,
SJ.
it is weird... m-sport definitely does NOT include DHP though...it's completely optional and if it's not on your window sticker you don't have it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #183
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Video of X3 35i M-Package Front Wheel Area

So I have no idea what I should be looking for so I took a video with my phone around the front wheel area. Hopefully one of you will spot something that I don't.

http://db.tt/rs4IHpW

Thanks,
SJ

PS: If there is a specific area that you want me to take a video of or a picture of after seeing the video, please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #184
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I have no idea what I should be looking for so I took a video with my phone around the front wheel area. Hopefully one of you will spot something that I don't.

http://db.tt/rs4IHpW

Thanks,
SJ

PS: If there is a specific area that you want me to take a video of or a picture of after seeing the video, please let me know!
actually we need you to drop the entire drive train!! J/K...

Ok let's do this...take a picture of your window sticker...what is on the window sticker is how the car left the factory. Believe it or not, manufacturing errors do happen....not often but they happen..it may be something your CA did wrong though...for example "want the thrill" has some stories about errors with this X3..I'll let him tell the story though.

I looked at your video and I dont' know enough about what is connected to know what each part does...let's get a pic of your window sticker though. Most importantly just realize that if your MSRP and sticker do not have DHP listed out then you didn't get it...either your CA entered it into the ordering system incorrectly (likely source) or they missed it at the plant (not likely but possible) the rocker switches (DDC) come in the 35i version of the m-sport with or without DHP..the 28i does not have the rockers unless you have DHP so it's harder to tell at face value with your 35i unless we see the sticker, or unless you pull the wheel and there is a user on here (which I don't think there is) who knows what each internal part does. BTW we're trying to get clarification from BMWNA on some of this through people I know who work there.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #185
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Like mole said, a picture of your window sticker would be great...but if you also have a vehicle inquiry report, scan that as well. Also, see if you can go to the dealer and pull a current VIR and see if it still has the DHP listed.

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #186
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Here they are:

I'll be going to the dealership tomorrow so any advice tonight would be greatly appreciated. Also, my SA is a very knowledgeable one and had told me over and over that I needed to get the DHP in addition to the M-Package in order to get option 223. So I doubt it's his fault too.

Thanks,
SJ
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #187
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

I have a 35i M Sport and did not order the Dynamic handling/comfort package. I do, however, have the rocker switch button.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #188
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
I have a 35i M Sport and did not order the Dynamic handling/comfort package. I do, however, have the rocker switch button.
as you should....that setup will be the same as a non-m sport 35i with SAP.

Again don't get confused with the rocker switches...the rocker switches do not indicate anything about having or not having DHP... the rocker switches are the DDC (dynamic driving control) feature that gets added to the 35i with SAP and both the 28i and 35i with DHP...remember that DHP rides on top of DDC not in place of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #189
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Here they are:

I'll be going to the dealership tomorrow so any advice tonight would be greatly appreciated. Also, my SA is a very knowledgeable one and had told me over and over that I needed to get the DHP in addition to the M-Package in order to get option 223. So I doubt it's his fault too.

Thanks,
SJ
Thanks for the pictures!! First I'll say that if I'm understanding what you said about your SA he is wrong. Look at the sheet...even though DHP shows up under the m-sport package it is listed as "alternate". The DHP does not have to be part of the m-sport package. Realize that the m-sport has mostly cosmetic upgrades not performance upgrades. The m-sport DOES give you the sport auto tranny (like the SAP does in the 35i) The m-sport adds the performance control which is not part of the SAP in the 35i. The DHP option can be added on to the 35i without m-sport or the 28i or 35i with m-sport. DHP is a completely stand alone option and is NOT in any way tied to the m-sport package. If your SA told you that DHP is tied to m-sport he's wrong. Even if you order the m-sport you still have to buy DHP...with the m-sport DHP is a 1300 option b/c they "credit you" 100 bucks for performance control...without the m-sport the DHP is a 1400 option as they back the 100 bucks back in for performance control.

Your vehicle does not have DHP...sorry bud if you had intended it to.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #190
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures!! First I'll say that if I'm understanding what you said about your SA he is wrong. Look at the sheet...even though DHP shows up under the m-sport package it is listed as "alternate". The DHP does not have to be part of the m-sport package. Realize that the m-sport has mostly cosmetic upgrades not performance upgrades. The m-sport DOES give you the sport auto tranny (like the SAP does in the 35i) The m-sport adds the performance control which is not part of the SAP in the 35i. The DHP option can be added on to the 35i without m-sport or the 28i or 35i with m-sport. DHP is a completely stand alone option and is NOT in any way tied to the m-sport package. If your SA told you that DHP is tied to m-sport he's wrong. Even if you order the m-sport you still have to buy DHP...with the m-sport DHP is a 1300 option b/c they "credit you" 100 bucks for performance control...without the m-sport the DHP is a 1400 option as they back the 100 bucks back in for performance control.

At least you get $100 credit.... in Canada, even with M Sport, we still have to pay full price for DHP... which is $1500 regardless of having M Sport or not having the M Sport package lol...

$100 is still better than nothing =P... you can buy a tank of fuel with it =P
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #191
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

If you look again, he did add it. It's the ZDH line. That line has a msrp of $1300. (picture has the price cut off). When he added that, the 223 alternate option automatically added under the M package on the vehicle inquiry report.

What can my SA do to help prove if I have that option or not? Can he print anything now that the car had been made?

Thanks.

SJ

Quote:
Quote:
Here they are:

Thanks,
SJ

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #192
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you look again, he did add it. It's the ZDH line. That line has a msrp of $1300. (picture has the price cut off). When he added that, the 223 alternate option automatically added under the M package on the vehicle inquiry report.

What can my SA do to help prove if I have that option or not? Can he print anything now that the car had been made?

Thanks.

SJ
ahhhh...ok sorry man missed that....wow very strange. Ok....so my 2 cents...what I would demand is for your x3 to be driven into the service dept, plugged into the computer, and somehow they must be able to jack in and get some kind of vehicle inventory report or something like that. If you took delivery of your vehicle and they didn't change you for it, they cannot go back now and try to make you pay...just not legal. (i think you are saying this is what happened right? Original dollar you thought you were paying was more than you actually paid?...or is it the opposite..you paid original price but your car shows less? )

if it's the latter then its 1300 of your dollars and I'd have them jack the car in and prove to you whats inside.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #193
silverforumsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: To Buy

if you want to know definitively post a picture of http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=149

into
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527515
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #194
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
Thanks, you'll do everyone a favor. Progress is made by doing things.
Apparently, progress is made my delegating to others to do things. Let me guess, you're a manager of some sort...

Seems interesting that you've taken more interest in this topic that M Sport owners have. But I can tell you that when I select SPORT or SPORT+, the iDrive menu pops up the "configure sport mode" option and the choices are "Drivetrain and Chassis" or "Chassis". The image on the iDrive screen shows the suspension in highlighted color, indicating that these parts will be affected.

But I suppose all that is just a BMW conspiracy to fool us.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #195
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Here they are:

Thanks,
SJ
Mystery solved! Three little red "X"'s is what you get.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #196
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I'll be going to my dealership today and asking them to confirm once and for all if I have the package or not. I will see if they can either plug into the car or if they can get the latest build sheet that BMW used to build my vehicle that I just picked up. The DHP also should come with Variable Sport Steering, which I am too am not sure if I have or not.

If they order me another vehicle, I wonder what I should tell PenFed, the people that I am using to finance my car. Can they simply switch a VIN on my account? Probably not. *sigh*. I hope it won't be too hard to accommodate the issues I will be having if my vehicle did not come with the DHP that I ordered and results in BMW making another one for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #197
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Mystery solved! Three little red "X"'s is what you get.
What three little red x's? Sorry if that was meant to be a joke... just am a little sad if I didn't get what I ordered... I am just curious to how this mistake would've happened? I ordered my car with both the M and the DHP and did not make any changes to it before it went into production, which took 1 mth. When it was in production, myBMW listed out every single option except the the DHP that I ordered. My SA said that I couldn't trust the myBMW site 'cause the options listed there aren't usually always correct. But then after my car was built and I flew down the SC for PDC, the window sticker did not list DHP. Even if they order me another one, how will we know if they included DHP with the M-Package before it arrives to the dealership, only to be disappointed again?

This is just a headache. I'll keep you guys updated on what I find out and do at the dealership's today.

SJ
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #198
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What three little red x's? Sorry if that was meant to be a joke... just am a little sad if I didn't get what I ordered... I am just curious to how this mistake would've happened? I ordered my car with both the M and the DHP and did not make any changes to it before it went into production, which took 1 mth. When it was in production, myBMW listed out every single option except the the DHP that I ordered. My SA said that I couldn't trust the myBMW site 'cause the options listed there aren't usually always correct. But then after my car was built and I flew down the SC for PDC, the window sticker did not list DHP. Even if they order me another one, how will we know if they included DHP with the M-Package before it arrives to the dealership, only to be disappointed again?

This is just a headache. I'll keep you guys updated on what I find out and do at the dealership's today.

SJ
Dude...I hate to tell you again but you don't have DHP. I mean please still have your dealer plug in or do whatever, but you do not have it based on what's on your window sticker. You have variable sport steering...VSS is part of the 35i with SAP or M-sport, but DHP IS A COMPLETELY STAND ALONE OPTION ON ANY PACKAGE. DHP IS NOT PART OF M-SPORT BY DEFAULT>>>IT MUST BE ADDED...and as such it would show up on your window sticker as a 1300 addition.
Appreciate 0