BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
bubb-bmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

Professional sav nav speed dials

hi all,

1st post,
ordered my x3 in october and have used this forum to keep in upto date with various things.
thanks sfax for your info on order tracking as mine was on your ship - elektra!

picked up new x3 on friday, i am gobsmacked as to how awesome it is, but make special mention about professional sat nav speed dials.
these add so much more to dash, I feel i was lucky in chosing professional over business because i felt £300 as worth extra size screen and hard drive, i didnt realise it changed dash, bmw need to advertise this more as if i had known it would have made my choice more obvious.
please if you havent already ordered look into this and get a test drive with and without so you can see the difference.

will post pics when i can
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Welcome to the forum Bubb

Lets us know spec & colour combo etc of your X3 (also pics would be magnif)

What did you drive before?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
bubb-bmw
Registered
Rep

thanks bimmer uk.

i have x3 20d se in jet black
black nevada leather with brushed aluminium trim
professional sav nav
automatic

just traded in 320d sport coupe highline 1 year old.

was getting too old to bend getting into coupe and was constantly worried about 19" alloys getting damaged!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Nice spec and colour combo

What mpg are you getting?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb-bmw View Post
hi all,

1st post,
ordered my x3 in october and have used this forum to keep in upto date with various things.

picked up new x3 on friday, i am gobsmacked as to how awesome it is, but make special mention about professional sat nav speed dials.
these add so much more to dash, I feel i was lucky in chosing professional over business because i felt £300 as worth extra size screen and hard drive, i didnt realise it changed dash, bmw need to advertise this more as if i had known it would have made my choice more obvious.
please if you havent already ordered look into this and get a test drive with and without so you can see the difference.

Hi bubb, congrats on getting the new motor. Can you explain more about the dials, as I think I have fallen into this issue. I have ordered the Business Package, but keep seeing the dials on the web for the better looking LED MPG dial and EfficientDynamics Area, didn't realise that the media package dictates the dial look... and this is what I want. So just want to check, before I change my order.

Previous: 2011 X3 2.0d xLine
Previous: 2015 X3 LCI 3.0d xLine
Current: 2018 530e 2L M-Sport I-Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
bubb-bmw
Registered
Rep

bimmer, just did a 20min there and 20min back journey and got 42mpg but did take it easy - no motorway.

vikingone, i am not 100% sure but i think you only get the dials i have with professional nav, if so i would definitely go for them.
best to find test drive with both, not sure what you get with business nav but the rectangular lit up area on prof ones looks awesome, also displays pic of car with individual doors open, also sat nav directions - radio info - telephone info - cd info etc
brilliant!!

also voice recognition is wonderful, the only place i can tell a woman what to do!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb-bmw View Post
hi all,

1st post,

Hi bubb, glad the tracking worked for you and congratulations on your new X3. Would love to see some jet black pics

Re. the dials, I knew they were better with pro nav. It's not advertised and could disappoint if you'd seen the better dials and didn't order pro nav. Some more details here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ht=speed+dials

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0