BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #23
Mirre
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 Xdrive20d

Thanke you darskiczd for the answer

You got a really great car with nice color. Congratulation again!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #24
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by darskiczd View Post
Our leatherette doesn't have the contrast stitching though I believe you can order it with it. We were worried that white stitching may take on a dirty look when various food items, dirty little boots, etc. came into contact with it.

Here are some pictures of the interior.

Thanks, looking good, you ordered matt sliver or brushed aluminum
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #25
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 X28i ; M235i xdrive Convert

Garage List
very nice , congrats !
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #26
darskiczd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Thanks, looking good, you ordered matt sliver or brushed aluminum
Brushed Aluminum. Would have liked to get a little more creative but this is the formula for hauling little ones without the interior looking like a complete pig sty. :-)

Turned out to look quite nice in real life. Simple and understated, yet still looks to be of high quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #27
Kevin - Florida
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 - xDrive28i

Purchased an X3 last Week

I purchased my first BMW last week off the lot of the local dealer. It was a 2011 X3 xDrive28i. The car was actually ordered by another client who never came and picked it up so they released it for sale. I happened to be out looking at new cars and stopped by the BMW dealership after looking at the 2011 Ford Explorers. I always wanted a BMW but could not fit into the 3 series or 5 series given that I am 6'8" and the cockpit size was too confining for the knees. The headroom was also tight.

I took a test drive of the X3 with the client advisor and I was in heaven. I had more legroom for my knees than my past two cars and I have great headroom even with the full moonroof. The way it drives is incredible. I love the interior and the new styling. It is a work of art. I bought it right there and then. Was in the dealership for no more than two hours from beginning to end.

Since it was ordered by another client, I did not have a choice of options. It is a 28i with a 3.0 liter V-6 and came with the xDrive, DSC and Hill Descent Control. It has the cold weather package, the premium package, and the technology package. It also includes the aluminum roof rail, the power tailgate and 17" 5 spoke rims. The color is sparkling bronze with the nevada chestnut leather (contrasting stitch) and wood trim inside. I chose the rubber mats instead of the carpet mats.

The dealership only had received three X3s so far and I got one. I am very happy.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #28
Tauvil
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i - Black Sapphire

Congrats Kevin. I'm sure your right-place-at-the-right-time story won't be as appreciated by those that ordered their X3 28i's months ago and are still waiting, but good for you! Really happy to hear there's adequate legroom for a vertically UNchallenged gent such as yourself. I'm 6'4" so I should be swimming in the cockpit! lol
Per the website, my 35i is "At Preparation Center" and will be available for pickup at the dealer in days. Can't wait!

Post some pics when you get a chance!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #29
Kevin - Florida
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 - xDrive28i

Thanks Tauvil. That was my first post as I just discovered the forum. I don't mean to cause any frustration amongst those that custom-ordered a few months ago. In reading through some of the posts and other threads I see where many are anxiously awaiting delivery. All I can say is they will not be disappointed. It is a great machine.

I will post some pics once I get a chance to take them. It has been cloudy here in Orlando for the past three days.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #30
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin - Florida View Post
I purchased my first BMW last week off the lot of the local dealer. It was a 2011 X3 xDrive28i. The car was actually ordered by another client who never came and picked it up so they released it for sale. I happened to be out looking at new cars and stopped by the BMW dealership after looking at the 2011 Ford Explorers. I always wanted a BMW but could not fit into the 3 series or 5 series given that I am 6'8" and the cockpit size was too confining for the knees. The headroom was also tight.

I took a test drive of the X3 with the client advisor and I was in heaven. I had more legroom for my knees than my past two cars and I have great headroom even with the full moonroof. The way it drives is incredible. I love the interior and the new styling. It is a work of art. I bought it right there and then. Was in the dealership for no more than two hours from beginning to end.

Since it was ordered by another client, I did not have a choice of options. It is a 28i with a 3.0 liter V-6 and came with the xDrive, DSC and Hill Descent Control. It has the cold weather package, the premium package, and the technology package. It also includes the aluminum roof rail, the power tailgate and 17" 5 spoke rims. The color is sparkling bronze with the nevada chestnut leather (contrasting stitch) and wood trim inside. I chose the rubber mats instead of the carpet mats.

The dealership only had received three X3s so far and I got one. I am very happy.

I'm sure that cold weather package will come in handy in FL. :P

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #31
Cx35i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by darskiczd View Post
Brushed Aluminum. Would have liked to get a little more creative but this is the formula for hauling little ones without the interior looking like a complete pig sty. :-)

Turned out to look quite nice in real life. Simple and understated, yet still looks to be of high quality.
I've ordered the same interior -- did you order an xDrive35i or xDrive28i? SAP package? I'm trying to figure out what my seating/steering will look like on my xDrive35i w/o SAP package.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #32
BMWx3
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

Need opinion on color selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin - Florida View Post

Hi

I have looked in to your post and thought , you could help me in regards to this. I am thinking of ordering an X3 with sparkling bronze with the Nevada chestnut leather, but unsure, how will it look.

Can you please post some pics or tell me ur opinion on yours? (I think you have the same combination)

Thanks
Appreciate 0