BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Climate Comfort Windsreen - E Tag location

Just had my wife's X3 delivered yesterday. How can you tell if you have the Climate Comfort Windsreen? It doesn't have the cut out anymore like the old cars. The user manual is not clear which part doesn't have the UV shield so you can put a toll tag on.

Photos will come later after the weekend
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Just had my wife's X3 delivered yesterday. How can you tell if you have the Climate Comfort Windsreen? It doesn't have the cut out anymore like the old cars. The user manual is not clear which part doesn't have the UV shield so you can put a toll tag on.

I have ordered it but could not tell you yet how to differentiate the two!. I will find out though and get back to you.

UPDATE: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...indscreen.html

This is what I found!.
      10-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:

I had the same dilemma and asked the same question. There is no way to tell as far as I know. They might be a slightly different colour or look different but I've never seen one with and one without side by side to compare.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Spotted a 20d yesterday without the blue band up the top, and with no black spots next to the sensors. Not sure if that's the difference or if it's related to HUD.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Spotted a 20d yesterday without the blue band up the top, and with no black spots next to the sensors. Not sure if that's the difference or if it's related to HUD.
Depending on the options in your country the presence of a grey shade band windscreen may not imply a comfort comfort windscreen. In the UK you can spec the grey shade band without the climate comfort windscreen. HUD definitely isn't compatible with the band

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Okay, your windscreen should have black dots coming down around the centre. That is the indication of climate comfort windscreen. If you look closely enough at an angle, there is a line like the old climate comfort windscreen on the third row of dots.

You can place your e-tag inside the black dots and it will work. The only thing is to ensure you don't cover the sensor on rear of the reveal mirror. RHD cars is on the driver's side so you should place the tag on the passenger's side.

Also, the new climate comfort windscreen no longer uses a metallic shield but a UV film which means that your tag would work anywhere.
Appreciate 0