BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2023, 10:21 PM   #23
Mrbig
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

What about for LCI models ?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 12:45 PM   #24
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
Then probably all 4 (2 on the top, and 2 on the bottom rear) need to be loosened to see if the headlight can be loose for ~1 inch of added clearance. Just my guess. The 2 screws on the bottom rear of the headlight do require removing the liner in the wheel arch. I don't know why BMW didn't add an access plastic panel to get at these screws.

But then there is a locking tab (maybe not needed to move the headlight out by an ~1 inch or so) on the side of the headlight that do need front bumper in that area to be loosed. But to loosen that front bumper in that area requires extra trim pics to be first removed.

Damn, i could pay someone to go investigate this, (make video) and report back. Interested? Easy $ earned ?

EDIT: nm, i don't think the headlight will move out to the front of the car, without the front bumper area that touches the headlight to first come out to the front. urgh... this would be okay if install and forget about it, but i'm fairly certain it's not going to be that lucky, and in time will need to replace the broken module, and go through all this, again
That's exactly why it didn't budge after removing the 2 bolts . The way I did it is the fastest and easiest but not if you want to keep everything in OEM shape .
Appreciate 0