BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
RHD Foot Rest

I've noticed since getting the X3 that my left foot that rests on the plastic foot rest doesn't sit flat and after a while starts to ache and feel quite uncomfortable. Never had that problem in the 3 series where it seemed quite comfortable.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it just being being a bit stupid with my foot ?

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
I've noticed since getting the X3 that my left foot that rests on the plastic foot rest doesn't sit flat and after a while starts to ache and feel quite uncomfortable. Never had that problem in the 3 series where it seemed quite comfortable.

Previous E60 was a manual and didnt use the rest much/notice any issues

In the X3 mine is comfortable but I reckon the rest is for a UK8 size max as depending on shoes worn mine doesnt quite sit flat

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post

You're not alone, i get the same thing and although changing the seat position has helped (perhaps moving it up so you're further from the pedals), I still find it uncomfortable. It isn't big enough for my foot (11-12 UK). I often just rest my foot alongside it because I can never be comfortable over long distances if my foot's on the rest. The position of the pedals was much better in my old car (VW)

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ditto. My size 11s struggle to fit. Could also do with a bigger brake pedel, as I brake with my right but then at traffic lights for stop /go switch my left onto the brake so my right can accelerate when required. The brake pedel is not big enough for this shuffle with my size of feet without catching the accelerator and cancelling the stop / go, depending on shoes worn!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Should have added using Auto-hold avoids the need for the "foot shuffle" if you don't mind it getting in the way at other times.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #6
Bill S
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 30d N57 + E60 535d M57

I agree - one of the noticeable differences between long trips in the X3 vs the 535 is the foot comfort.
Something not right about the design but haven't worked out what to do to change it. It might be possible to simply attach a wedge shape to the existing rest.
Appreciate 0