BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #375
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
The Xenons are partly down to you though, or at least you made me think about them a bit more. Bimmer's report back on his pharmacy run also helped.
I didnt order them originally but sfax convinced me also - pay that man a commission

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #376
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d SE

Smile Status 5055

Firstly let me say how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and its nice to know that I've not been the only one frustrated by dealer duplicity regarding delivery dates.
Ordered my X3 (2.0d) on 24.12.10 and to cut a long story short still not sure when it will be with me. Foolishly ordered the powered tailgate and bluetooth as options and I see from the posts that could be the cause of some delay (originally given April/May delivery date).
However the sunspots seem to have abated today and I've had an email from the dealer sales manager telling me that "production control" have confirmed the "status" of my car as 5055.
I've spent a good hour on the site trying to find out what "5055" means (yes I have emailed the dealer for an explanation but I'm not sure that my life expectancy meets his timescales for replies) without success. So apologies if its blindingly obvious where I can find this out but it would be greatly appreciated if one of you could elucidate for me. Thanks in anticipation !
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #377
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobT View Post
Firstly let me say how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and its nice to know that I've not been the only one frustrated by dealer duplicity regarding delivery dates.
Ordered my X3 (2.0d) on 24.12.10 and to cut a long story short still not sure when it will be with me. Foolishly ordered the powered tailgate and bluetooth as options and I see from the posts that could be the cause of some delay (originally given April/May delivery date).
However the sunspots seem to have abated today and I've had an email from the dealer sales manager telling me that "production control" have confirmed the "status" of my car as 5055.
I've spent a good hour on the site trying to find out what "5055" means (yes I have emailed the dealer for an explanation but I'm not sure that my life expectancy meets his timescales for replies) without success. So apologies if its blindingly obvious where I can find this out but it would be greatly appreciated if one of you could elucidate for me. Thanks in anticipation !
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order.

I think they changed all of the old codes to four digit codes and I couldn't find a full list of four digit codes either. You'll probably need the friendly description that goes with it to decipher it. It could be the same as the old 155 code which is "Production Completed".

I would call your dealer (don't wait for a reply ) and ask for status description and your VIN. They should have the VIN by now if it's in production or about to be produced

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #378
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your speedy reply sfax.

I do believe I have the quivalent of DNR in Medical terms at my BMW dealership as inevitably when I phone the receptionist tells me that they are having problems with the phones, the systems down, he's in a meeting, just popped out etc. etc. Consequently in the hope of keeping my blood pressure just below boiling point I've taken to (trying to) correspond via email.

When I eventually find out what the code means, there was no description attached by the way, I'll post it and any others I may come across here. In the meantime if anyone else has any information regaring four digit "production" codes or status please post on this thread!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #379
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

5055 means "Confirmed for Prod. Control". I know - I have the same code! :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #380
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks X3buyerScotland.
Just got an email from my dealer which states "5055 means the construction of the car is imminent."
Does that tie in with your understanding of "Confirmed for Prod. Control"?
Do you know which code(s) mean that it's actually getting built and how many weeks does it take from entering production to completion to landing in the UK?
My dealer is adamant that my vehicle will be ready for me on 21st July although he's previously stated first week in July. I have my doubts that it will be here for the 21st.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #381
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobT View Post
Thanks X3buyerScotland.
Just got an email from my dealer which states "5055 means the construction of the car is imminent."
Does that tie in with your understanding of "Confirmed for Prod. Control"?
Do you know which code(s) mean that it's actually getting built and how many weeks does it take from entering production to completion to landing in the UK?
My dealer is adamant that my vehicle will be ready for me on 21st July although he's previously stated first week in July. I have my doubts that it will be here for the 21st.
Most UK orders reported on here seem to be about 6 weeks from the start of production to pick up from dealer. In my case start of production was 10 Jan and pick up 22 Feb. The timings of the ships and QA process could affect this a little but 21 July is exactly 6 weeks from now so if imminent really is imminent , that date is realistic

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #382
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Sfax is the uk guru. I would add 6 weeks from your start build date which your dealer should be able to report once it happens or which you can project from your build week (again known to dealer).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #383
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Just had a Call from the dealer, my car has arrived. Great news although I'm working away next week and won't be able to pick it up until the 17th. Cant wait!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #384
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Which build week were you Pugger? From memory you were 20 May so that means your car made it here in 3 weeks? Seems awfully fast but good news if true. Maybe the ship had a following wind?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #385
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Yes I was week 20 build. The car was finished on May the 22nd. Was loaded onto the boat on the 24th of May and reached Southampton on the 6th of June. It was delivered to the dealers today. Will take them 3 working days to prep the car. But as I'm working in a field all next week (called the Cereal Event, some of machinary there is 300k plus!) I won't be able to pick it up until Friday. However my son wants to be there at the pick up so we may have to put it back to a week Saturday. The Car is approx 2 weeks in advance of the date of the 26th I was given. I think I was lucky on the shipping schedule.

Last edited by Pugger; 06-09-2011 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #386
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks again guys. Another email from my dealer (his fingers are going to be sore !) and this time he says the car is built and has entered the paint shop so maybe things are looking up although its amazing that the car has gone from "construction of car imminent" to "built and in paint shop" in about 6 hours ! They must use some amazingly fast robots on that production line !! Or perhaps not !
I've asked my dealer for both the full VIN and the build week previously and he says he will get back to me on that although I doubt he will now bother with the build week.
If you're interested I went for Bluewater with Oyster interior and a few extras including the powered tailgate - very useful for getting the golf kit back in.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #387
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

I gave my final spec to my dealer yesterday and my car is still expected in September.

I did have one thought though I changed from se to M sport is that likely to cause a delay?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #388
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Impossible to tell but there is a chance it will. It all depends on timings and production plans. In theory, if your dealer had not got a "car locked" message you should be ok. I made a minor change and was ok.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #389
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

I only had a very provisional sketchy spec that was put on the system when I placed the order in Feb. The dealer called yesterday to ask me for the full spec as it was getting close to time.

I will really be in the mire if it comes through with the first spec on as it is Mrs W's car...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #390
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Heading for the docks!

Pleased to report that despite a high spec (inc. power tailgate) I am "left production" heading to a ship. This means my Jan order for wk24 build was and is on time. Ship tracking next following the process above. Anchors away!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #391
Bill S
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 30d N57 + E60 535d M57

@Scotland - my order was placed in the 1st week of Jan. - before they even had the 3.0d pricelist. So arrival 3 weeks ago was very lucky!
It was noticeable that the car arrived at the dealer quite a bit quicker than they expected - the final stage from left production to delivery was almost 2 weeks less than their original prediction of 4-5 weeks. They did say that import clearance at Southampton sometimes caused delays - but in my case none at all.
So you may not have long now to wait.

I also got that powered tailgate - Nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #392
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Pleased to report that despite a high spec (inc. power tailgate) I am "left production" heading to a ship. This means my Jan order for wk24 build was and is on time. Ship tracking next following the process above. Anchors away!
Good news indeed. Not long now. Hope you can trace your VIN on WW. Will look forward to seeing some pics

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #393
CRW
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 30d MSport Carbon Black

Interesting to read that the concensus is 6weeks as a realistic timescale from production to delivery. I've just received the following from my Lease Company regarding a CB 30d MSport I ordered in April. It's now 'build in progress' which appears to take up to 48h, so I'm hoping to reach 'build complete' very soon.

However I'm really struggling as to why the anticipated delivery date is still mid-December (taking the scenic route on the crossing?!)

1. Ordered With Factory (04/04/2011 12:15:41)
2. Build in Progress (14/06/2011 09:59:57)
3. Build Complete - Awaiting Ship/Transit
4. In Transit to Dealer
5. Delivery Arranged

I'm happy to wait until September, that's when the lease on my TT expires but 6 months!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #394
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Big day for me tomorrow, picking up at lunch time, can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #395
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
Big day for me tomorrow, picking up at lunch time, can't wait.
Dont forget your camera! Enjoy!!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #396
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Ordered from work on 1st Jan and still have 4 months to go. The Audi A5 went off to the great garage in the sky today and I'm now stuck in an E90 318d SE for the next 4 months. It doesn't even have cruise control.

I think I'm going to cry...