BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #1871
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Horsey have you noticed any anomalies with your wipers as noted by Tannahill? Are they like the ones you get on Peugeot 206's!?!?!
      06-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #1872
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Congrat's Horsey... I hope the car lives up to you expectations. You did get the best colour.
*grin* ... its hard to talk about colour without offending the other 86%, but yes, I agree.

But everyone is a winner.

Point of useless statistics, the least popular colour combination was Bluewater and Red Brown Nevada Leather ... you two know who you are!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1873
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Horsey have you noticed any anomalies with your wipers as noted by Tannahill? Are they like the ones you get on Peugeot 206's!?!?!
I know it was raining and all that, but I am not sure I noticed!

Driving the car for the first time in Central London for the first time took some getting used to. I need to get used to the car before I notice things like that ... and anyway the HUD, cool as it is, kept distracting me ... (I think its out of alignment).

Its amazing how much you take for granted when you drive the same car for ages ...

With my Jeep I could afford a reckless abandonment when driving, with my X3 I seem to have developed a more cautious streak ... makes me cringe.

Hopefully with a few miles under my belt I will stop thinking about the car and just drive.

I will try to pay attention to the rain next time ... we are in the UK, its sure to rain again.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #1874
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redonebe View Post
Congrats Horsey, finally you got it, looks really nice.
Enjoy.
It does ... the really odd thing is having seen it now in the flesh ... it occurs to be that I actually had no idea what I was actually getting!

Thinking back to when I chose it, I test drove a 35d and decided to buy it over the Evoque on the strength of the drive alone ... checked all the boxes and sometime later ... this arrived!

Collecting it was a bit of a shock ... its different in real life ... but I am super happy ...

... or will be once they have fixed the HUD, the mark on the passenger seat and given me my iPhone cradle so I can play with Plugin ... oh yes and I am still waiting for my Connected Drive to be enabled.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #1875
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Congrats, Horsey! And I want that Mini too!
The Mini was really cool ... very tactile ...

I would have loved a Zebra print cow hide like that ...

... but as much fun as it is, the idea would probably wear thin very quickly and I wonder about the practicality ...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #1876
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojak View Post
I expect it will be quiet on here for a while!
Wish on ...

Quote:
Enjoy the car, it looks great.
Thanks

Quote:
Ref the cubby by the wheel, I believe it comes with extended storage option which also gets storage nets behind teh front seats and in the passenger footwell etc.
I have the extended storage option ... and no cubby hole ... anyone in the UK with the cubby hole?

Quote:
More picture please as time permits.......
You mean weather!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1877
ChessToon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman 2.0SD All4 Aut

Congrats

Well it finally arrived! Looks good in White I must admit.

Starting to question going for Titanium Silver?

I wish I had known about the forward alert feature. Having had it previously would of had it again.

From your description I take it you bought it from BMW Dealer near Hyde Park/Mayfair.

Pick mine up next week from there. Sounds like handover wasn't the best experience.

Anyway good luck with car!
Harmon Kardon Speaker Upgrade.
TLC
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #1878
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessToon View Post
Well it finally arrived! Looks good in White I must admit.

Starting to question going for Titanium Silver?

I wish I had known about the forward alert feature. Having had it previously would of had it again.

From your description I take it you bought it from BMW Dealer near Hyde Park/Mayfair.

Pick mine up next week from there. Sounds like handover wasn't the best experience.

Anyway good luck with car!
I thought it looked like Park Lane. Incidently BMW Park Lane is the only BMW dealership in the UK that is actually owned by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #1879
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I have the extended storage option ... and no cubby hole ... anyone in the UK with the cubby hole?
In that case you've missed it off your options list on your signature
      06-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #1880
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I wish I had known about the forward alert feature.
Yes me too ... oh well. *sigh*

Quote:

They have been looking after me very well (and for quite a while) and I can't fault them for that, and they have had to deal with a testing customer ... but yes, I was hoping for a better handover experience ... but I don't think the environment was conducive to it ... I was a bit sad about the lack of trinkets like others mentioned, especially when I found out that the bow was my wife's doing and not theirs!

... but who really needs trinkets when you have a nice F25!

The drive up from the "showroom" to the street level is VERY scary ... just happy it wasn't me driving!

Anyway, the real proof is how they treat you after the sale ...

P.S. Although the handover area was a bit dull, lifeless and poorly lit, the Mini showroom is really nicely done and well worth a visit, I was very impressed. The dealer told me that I was taking delivery at a bad time (due to renovations) and that when their new showroom is ready next door it will be amazing (I will have to take their word on that!).

Last edited by Horsey; 06-07-2012 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #1881
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685 View Post
I thought it looked like Park Lane. Incidently BMW Park Lane is the only BMW dealership in the UK that is actually owned by BMW.
As the journey unfolded it became clear that the BMW owned dealership thing was a double edged sword ...

For sure, if you want a good discount it may pay to look for a lower profile dealership.

... but I am hoping that there are other benefits to being "closer" to the brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #1882
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
In that case you've missed it off your options list on your signature
You do know there is a limit on the size of the sig ... I had to leave LOADS off!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #1883
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:

This is strange as the descrption on the configurator says ' folding compartment under light switch' so will be interested in what other owners have too. should have asked while I was at the dealership but am expecting a call tomorrow so will definately ask in case you dont get an answer before then.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #1884
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You do know there is a limit on the size of the sig ... I had to leave LOADS off!
Lol
      06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #1885
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is strange as the descrption on the configurator says ' folding compartment under light switch' so will be interested in what other owners have too.
Thanks for that ...

I will add it to the list of "issues" for them to address ... ;-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #1886
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that ...

I will add it to the list of "issues" for them to address ... ;-)
Well I had an answer from the dealer ...

It appears that if you have speed limit info you lose the cubby hole.

I guess the electronics have to go somewhere ...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #1887
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:

Oh bugger
They should give a discount/freebie on delivery or make it clear at time of ordering at the least.
Truth is that the configurator is very poor in a few descriptions e.g:
The whole phone, USB, BMW apps, cradle etc, what gets you what
Universal remote - no description
Speed limit display results in cubby delete (as of today)
and from the accessories list:
generally poor description of load sill protection mat
just a couple I came across, feel free to add your own....

Not a dealbreaker obviously but annoying when we are spending plenty of hard earned to be surprised at delivery.

Last edited by vojak; 06-07-2012 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1888
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:

Does the speed limit info work in Europe as well? If so does it display limits in KM (in a UK car)?

That would be the only time I think I'd find the functionality useful, after all its pretty straight forward to know the limit on roads in the UK.

I just don't know how I'd find it useful - the cubby hole sounds much better!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #1889
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685 View Post
Does the speed limit info work in Europe as well? If so does it display limits in KM (in a UK car)?

That would be the only time I think I'd find the functionality useful, after all its pretty straight forward to know the limit on roads in the UK.

I just don't know how I'd find it useful - the cubby hole sounds much better!
I think the Speed Limit Info works in Europe.

I thought it was supposed to read the road signs ... and maybe it does, but it also must use the sat nav too as it indicates the speed on roads with no signs too.

Coupled with the HUD, when you see a speed camera you know immediately the speed you are doing and the speed you are not supposed to be exceeding.

Also tried Eco Pro ... its like Valium but for 3l Turbo Diesels ... makes for very sedate driving ... went from 16 MPG to 40 MPG ... but not as much fun!

I love my car!

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #1890
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Top View

Top view is cool ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #1891
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Looks really smart Horsey...perfectly centred in space!

Had some good news today....ours will be ready next Thursday, won't be able to collect until Saturday though....whoohoooo!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #1892
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Very nice Horsey! Hope that you are really enjoying it

Mine should be ready next week too - hoping to collect on Sat 16th.

QT
Appreciate 0