BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

My X3 order, comments please....

Hi,

I am in Aus and looking to put an order in the next couple of weeks for the X3 (20d), with the following options. In Aust, we don't have option packages so each option has to be selected as apposed to a package. I'll be mainly driving this on the freeways.

- Metallic paint - mineral silver
- Leather Interior/Seats (nervada dark brown)
- Fineline Wave wood trim (dark wood trim)
- Sunroof
- Headup display
- Navigation Professional
- Ext. Blue tooth/ USB connect
- Ext. music player connect
- Performance control & Variable sports steering (this option gives the different driving modes i.e normal, sports but this is not dampner control)
- Heated seats
- Xline pack (Standard on 30d)
- HIFI sound Loudspeaker system ???
- Exterior mirrors with auto anit-dazzle
- 18" Y spoke wheels 308
- Topview
- Aluminimum Front grille

I am thinking whether I should fork out A$1200 for the upgraded sound system/speakers. I am thinking i might upgrade the speakers if i don't like it after the purchase....

Any comments??

Cheers,
MPK
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Nice spec but no xenons!!! First order I've seen with a headup display. If this option was a little bit cheaper I would have been sorely tempted. I would switch this for the xenons if I were you.

Heated seats in Australia? I thought your seats were heated for free there?! You must be down south! No windscreen with grey shade band or sun protection glass for the summer?

I haven't heard of any orders yet where people have opted for the pro speakers. I went for business.

Is this an automatic or have you gone for the manual?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Nice spec but no xenons!!! First order I've seen with a headup display. If this option was a little bit cheaper I would have been sorely tempted. I would switch this for the xenons if I were you.

Heated seats in Australia? I thought your seats were heated for free there?! You must be down south! No windscreen with grey shade band or sun protection glass for the summer?

I haven't heard of any orders yet where people have opted for the pro speakers. I went for business.

Is this an automatic or have you gone for the manual?

I was honestly thinking of swaping the headup display for the xenons but forgot to put it in, even though its dearer than headup displays. I am in the southern part of Aust (canberra), which can get cold in winter...not as cold as eastern europe though!

These would the business speakers, first upgrade from the stock standard. Is this sufficient? Yes, going for the 8-speed automatic as this comes as standard.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK View Post
I was honestly thinking of swaping the headup display for the xenons but forgot to put it in, even though its dearer than headup displays. I am in the southern part of Aust (canberra), which can get cold in winter...not as cold as eastern europe though!

These would the business speakers, first upgrade from the stock standard. Is this sufficient? Yes, going for the 8-speed automatic as this comes as standard.
Ahh, Canberra. That makes sense!

Not sure on the speakers. Some other threads seem to suggest that the stock system is OK. Not that much detail in the brochure on the difference. It just seemed like a lot of extra cash for pro and if the wife's in the car she always tells me to turn it down anyway

I would definitely opt for the xenons because they make the car look more premium than without. And you can see more at night!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Re Heads-up Display, I've read (but don't know) that it requires a special windshield which I've read is dramatically more expensive to replace. Given the frequency of significant rock chips in the Winter here, I skipped that option myself.

I skipped the upgraded stereo on one BMW and regretted it. Ordered it on mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

Hi,

HUD, it's a projection technology so it projects the images on the windshield so i don't think you need a speical windshield for this.

Remember, if you order the Bi-xenons, you need to order the headlamp washers separately ($576 extra)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

The windshield is coated on the inside for the HUD to display, it is indeed a special windshield only available when you order the HUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Orpheus View Post
Hi,

HUD, it's a projection technology so it projects the images on the windshield so i don't think you need a speical windshield for this.

Remember, if you order the Bi-xenons, you need to order the headlamp washers separately ($576 extra)
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0