BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
cableman
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

sport seats

can anyone post driverside pics of a sport seats without electric adjustment?
is it really a half-electric?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

I don't have pics but the answer is yes, it's part electric. Seat height and backrest angle are electric, everything else is manual.

Lumbar support is a separate option.
      02-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Not so sure

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=175

the sales literature could be wrong

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I don't have pics but the answer is yes, it's part electric. Seat height and backrest angle are electric, everything else is manual.

Lumbar support is a separate option.
Hmmm, be careful on the seat height. I think it's supposed to be electric for SS but it isn't in reality. Refer to julesjen's comments here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...=480776&page=8

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

sorry - treading on your toes again Bimmer!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
sorry - treading on your toes again Bimmer!
Keep up

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

http://ecom.bmwgroup.com/bvco/conten...577&code=S0481

From BMW configurator

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
gregoryw1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 30i

Garage List
2015 X3 35i  [0.00]
my sports seats are automatic all the way around ... but I (sadly) didn't order the lumbar
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Bimmer65
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20D M Sport

Please refer to the owners manual for 2011 X3 downloadable from:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...A2aqh9xqo+gXQ=

Note: The manual is the same for both 35i and 28i.

At page 47, a picture of a manually adjustable seat is shown, see attached image. Also the electrically adjustable seat is shown.

I have ordered manually adjustable sport seats myself for my xDrive 20d. I recommend to study the owners manual before an order. Among other things there is shown what else you got when you order the Navigation professional, except a harddrive and 3D view.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

I have sport seats with the lumbar support and they are exactly as depicted in the second picture. The only manual part is the thigh extensions.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The problem with the manual is that little asterisk that appears throughout. It means that the feature could be:

1. An option
2. A specific national-market item
3. An item of equipment or function not yet available at the time of printing

With respect to the sports seats / electric seats you can't distinguish which options are part of the sports seat package

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:29 AM   #12
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
The problem with the manual is that little asterisk that appears throughout. It means that the feature could be:

1. An option
2. A specific national-market item
3. An item of equipment or function not yet available at the time of printing

With respect to the sports seats / electric seats you can't distinguish which options are part of the sports seat package
hi sfax ,just to clear it up ,the reason i queried the sport seat function,is that on page 58 of BMW,s X3 brouchure it states quite clearly that sports seats have an electrical function forbackrest and seat height with the rest being manual operation .spoke with my dealer yesterday and requested they speak to BMW UK and ask them what they intend to do to rectify this point .As per usual have not had any reply ,apart from my sales person said they will probably say typing error in brouchure ,I will give them a couple of days then request they giveBMW UK a chase up ,I dont expect much JOY though
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #13
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out the manual doesn't help because it doesn't distinguish between sports seats and non-sports seats.

If it's stated in the brochure and especially if you paid extra for it, you should get it. If you don't, you should get some compensation. Tell them that's the only reason you opted for Sports Seats and you wouldn't have got them if you had known in advance.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #14
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know. I was just pointing out the manual doesn't help because it doesn't distinguish between sports seats and non-sports seats.

If it's stated in the brochure and especially if you paid extra for it, you should get it. If you don't, you should get some compensation. Tell them that's the only reason you opted for Sports Seats and you wouldn't have got them if you had known in advance.
sorry sfax,was not having a pop at you the previuos quote to yours was quoting the manual whereas i was refering to the sales brouchure on the BMW x3 f25,theseats were part of the dynamic package i ordered as an extra .I very much appreciate your viewpoints on this matter and did not want to cause offence to yourself ,as I value your opinions .Apart from this i am so pleased with the car ,I hope you &your family are very happy with your car ,it looks really good,the pics were first class ,only just noticed your title has changed ,congrats on that too
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjen View Post
sorry sfax,was not having a pop at you the previuos quote to yours was quoting the manual whereas i was refering to the sales brouchure on the BMW x3 f25,theseats were part of the dynamic package i ordered as an extra .I very much appreciate your viewpoints on this matter and did not want to cause offence to yourself ,as I value your opinions .Apart from this i am so pleased with the car ,I hope you &your family are very happy with your car ,it looks really good,the pics were first class ,only just noticed your title has changed ,congrats on that too
No worries, I wasn't saying "Yeah I know ", it was more like "Yeah, I know "

Ultimately the manual might have reinforced your claim if it had a section on sports seat adjustment but it doesn't so it's all about the description in the brochure. The downside is that I bet that brochure comes with a disclaimer that covers BMW legally, so it's all about keeping their customers happy. Let's hope they do that in your case

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableman View Post
can anyone post driverside pics of a sport seats without electric adjustment?
is it really a half-electric?
Got this one - sorry that only one I have.
      05-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #17
silverforumsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: To Buy

hmm how come the bottom plastic part of the door is oyster colored? in the configerature it's black
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 01:54 AM   #18
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf View Post
hmm how come the bottom plastic part of the door is oyster colored? in the configerature it's black
You can eather choose for full oyster or oyster/black combo, that's why ;-)

I personally love the look of the full oyster but I4ve selected the oyster/black for my car because i think this will be a little easier to keep clean.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #19
silverforumsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: To Buy

Hmm I dont think we get a choice in the us
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #20
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf View Post
Hmm I dont think we get a choice in the us
I dont think anyone gets the choice

It either Oyster/Black or Beige/Beige me thinks for light interiors on F25 X3

I have seen Oyster/Oyster options on other models if I remember correctly (F10?)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0