BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #23
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Is that body roll on that slight turn? on an M-sport car as well? lol?

Edit: the 2 pics before the last one
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #24
DLerner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, X164 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Want to share your stash with me? Then I will see what you are talking about. Because as of now, sober, I cannot possibly imagine how those 2 cars look anything alike. Just sayin'

I like the X4, I think it's a neat concept as in a "baby X6" and just like the X6, it will be a successful new BMW model.
I'm actually a big fan of the X6 and the way it looks. I also think the X4 will look cool when the camo comes off. That said, they do both remind me of the old B210 shape in the way they have a higher than usual center roof line that quickly drops off in the rear. It's what makes the model so unique. However, I think it's also what turns a lot of people off.

While I'm sure the X6 was intended to be a niche model, it's also not breaking any sales records either. I have to wonder how many niche models BMW can support before it stops making financial sense.
Attached Images

Last edited by DLerner; 08-27-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #25
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

Looks almost finished
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #26
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaSyrup View Post
I'm actually a big fan of the X6 and the way it looks. I also think the X4 will look cool when the camo comes off. That said, they do both remind me of the old B210 shape in the way they have a higher than usual center roof line that quickly drops off in the rear. It's what makes the model so unique. However, I think it's also what turns a lot of people off.

While I'm sure the X6 was intended to be a niche model, it's also not breaking any sales records either. I have to wonder how many niche models BMW can support before it stops making financial sense.
It's a stretch but I see your point about the roofline that drops. I find the Acura ZDX (and to a lesser extent the Honda Crosstour) a better comparison of the overall shape. I actually also quite like the ZDX.

Yes, the X6 is not a volume machine. The X4 should see higher volumes than X6 due to lower pricing; however compared to X3, it will be similar I think as X6 vs. X5 in terms of sales volume.

More people will go for "practical" over "style" every time. That's part of the reason I like the X6 and the X4, the styling is more unique and sportier/more aggressive, they are both more "upmarket" compared to their more traditional X counterparts, and less practical. That's part of the allure.

Ok then, no need to pass the crackpipe
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Sales figures for the US market do not indicate the overall success of the BMW X6,for that look at sales figures for markets in China , Russia and the Middle East.

X6 is purely a niche model , it is a low volume model its success is measured in that its two year projection was for 40,000 units , it actually sold more than 80,000 units doubling its target. It has now tripled its initial projection.
Now you can understand why BMWs competitors are pushing forward X6 competitors.

With the X6 BMW also discovered that in many markets , customers were also purchasing pre-owned X6 if they could not afford new. This identifies an opening for the BMW X4 not only in these markets but other markets aswell where people want a more stylish and sporty offering.

The X6 is a great car to drive and so will be the X4. As for BMW M the X6M is for many markets the best selling M product so you begin to understand potential for an X4M.

Of course with SAVs becoming equally popular in some cases impacting on established segments. BMW are currently investigating an X2 to open the series and an X8 super luxury Sport Activity Coupe to act as a ceiling.

With the impact of SAVs on the luxury segment and the looming sales projection of 1 million luxury units by 2016. BMW are making their stakes in that market to make an impact with luxury proposals undergoing evaluation in Munich with the larger X7 model already in progress.
Attached Images

08-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

Quote:
Resembles my 1978 Datsun B210, but probably won't be as reliable, easy to service or as good on gas.
My wife had a 1977 B-210 'Honeybee' when we first met and it was truly a wretched vehicle. She bought it over a Subaru because it cost $2,995 and the Subie was $2,999 (she's an accountant). This thing will probably cost 15 - 20 times as much and is just as ugly.

The X4 looks like a jacked-up 3 Series GT and I would think it will serve no purpose, as it won't have the utility of a SUV or the performance of a sport sedan/wagon. It's neither fish nor fowl and will likely go down in history just like the Murano convertible or the Pontiac Aztec.
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
elrey21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive35i

I think even in MSport, the X3 doesnt look sporty enough, the X6 is out of my budget, I find the 3er GT ugly because of its proportions (too long). I believe this car will be sporty, have enough utility for snowy conditions (xDrive, height), and if priced right affordable for me Unlike the X6. I currently own an F30 and will definitely be looking out for this when its released. I could only imagine it with nicer wider wheels, a front lip, a rear decklid spoiler like on the X6 and it should look amazing.