BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #23
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

It could be a coding issue, and you may have already done this, but...

One suggestion is to post a query in the Coding thread here and see if Shawn or anyone else has any ideas.

Another suggestion is to check the "other" board, which has a Coding forum. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

If there is something subtle which sometimes needs to be done, or is sometimes overlooked, then those two sources may help.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #24
wings516
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35ix & Turbo M3

Thanks for the lead. I remember reading in the coding thread that Shawn doesn't know the answer, simply that it is there.

I have also been talking quite a bit with a dealership I trust and they have exhausted their immediate resources and do not have an explanation for me, either. It simply just "is".

I'll keep digging.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #25
jman001
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2012 2.8i

hate to revive a long dead thread but my X3 has the same problem, it does have the RDC installed (S2VB option code) but ISTA-D says "it is no longer possible to code individual tire pressure sensors on LOW COST SYSTEMS" apparently there are different flavors of the RDC ECU, anyone know something about this?

Last edited by jman001; 11-29-2018 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: added information about the vehicle
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #26
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Bit off topic, but I found recently that Bimmercode app had deleted ability to code TPMS press/temp parameters. I communicated this and verified the 'error' with Stephan Gauch (author)- he indicated that he somehow accidentally deleted the capability when fixing some bugs; he said next update this will be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #27
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman001 View Post
hate to revive a long dead thread but my X3 has the same problem, it does have the RDC installed (S2VB option code) but ISTA-D says "it is no longer possible to code individual tire pressure sensors on LOW COST SYSTEMS" apparently there are different flavors of the RDC ECU, anyone know something about this?
You revived a thread to ask a question that was answered within it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 07:05 PM   #28
mrl69
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW: 650i, X3, i3

Having the exact same problem!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings516 View Post
I was one of the few unlucky people who received a TPMS system that does not show tire pressure or individual tire loss.

In other words, I either see if they are green or yellow. It does not single out one tire if it is low, but instead shows them all as low.

I called the dealer and they said that this is not something that can be retrofit to show this information. While I have coded my software to show PSI, it just shows blanks.

Has anyone had success upgrading their system or know if it can actually be done?

I'm also going to assume that this lack of functionality does not fall under any sort of warranty.

My display looks just like yours and it used to always display the tire pressure. And now... nada. Reset it many times and always the same. Also no error codes in the system. So what is going on here?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:21 AM   #29
prime300
Paul C
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 N55 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings516 View Post
I was one of the few unlucky people who received a TPMS system that does not show tire pressure or individual tire loss.

In other words, I either see if they are green or yellow. It does not single out one tire if it is low, but instead shows them all as low.

I called the dealer and they said that this is not something that can be retrofit to show this information. While I have coded my software to show PSI, it just shows blanks.

Has anyone had success upgrading their system or know if it can actually be done?

I'm also going to assume that this lack of functionality does not fall under any sort of warranty.

My display looks just like yours and it used to always display the tire pressure. And now... nada. Reset it many times and always the same. Also no error codes in the system. So what is going on here?
Same for me…car was showing psi/temp..i did tire change(not wheel change) and now it says active but no psi/temps 🥴

G30 2018
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 09:35 AM   #30
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28777860

Last edited by Wgosma; 04-13-2022 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2022, 08:40 PM   #31
prime300
Paul C
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 N55 M Sport

Pressure and temp never showed up ever since the tire change…even after waiting for 2weeks or so…today i kept on getting low pressure warning even tho all the tire were at the right psi..so i decided to scan the car and i saw that i had a code in the system..right after i erased the code, the psi/temps showed up on the screen. FR tpms is showing 25psi, but tires in the front are at 37 🥴 I'll drop the pressure in all 4 tires tomorrow and re-inflate them
Attached Images

Appreciate 0