BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
netwiser
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 28i

Canadian BMW lease end options

Hi everyone,

Potential new member here from Toronto. I ordered my first BMW X3 28i last December and hopefully can get it at the end of February, I can't wait to jump into the ride. However my sale rep told me that BMW Canada has a weird policy, it said that within the 6 months time frame of after lease effective and before lease terminated, the ownership can not be transferred, which means I can not make use of third party process to buy back/sell out the lease before my lease expired. Is it the case? Has any Canadian customers, especially customers in Toronto area known this policy?

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwiser View Post
Hi everyone,

Potential new member here from Toronto. I ordered my first BMW X3 28i last December and hopefully can get it at the end of February, I can't wait to jump into the ride. However my sale rep told me that BMW Canada has a weird policy, it said that within the 6 months time frame of after lease effective and before lease terminated, the ownership can not be transferred, which means I can not make use of third party process to buy back/sell out the lease before my lease expired. Is it the case? Has any Canadian customers, especially customers in Toronto area known this policy?

That sounds odd, in the US if you lease a vehicle, you can call the owner usually BMW North America, to ask how much the buyout price is. I'm pretty sure protocol is the same in Canada. Give BMW Canada a call and ask what your options are.

BMW Canada -

Address: 50 Ultimate Dr, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0C8, Canada

Phone: (800) 567-2691
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I saw the same in my 2013 lease agreement. Pretty sure I intend to buy it out which means the 48 month lease effectively becomes a 42 month lease.
Appreciate 0