BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive20d xLine

X3 Switzerland Delivery

I ordered a new BMW X3 x20d with X-Line end of July/beginning Aug 2014, and I am still waiting for it. I still did not receive the VIN number also

Is it normal that the delivery takes so long to Switzerland?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

I think the problem is Europe in general. I don't know if German buyers get any preferential treatment with it being a home brand?
In the UK the lead time went down to 3 to 4 months last year, but post LCI some dealers seem to be quoting 6 to 7 months!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
atrueb
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Apparently the 20d lci is quite popular in Switzerland, which would explain the long delivery time. I ordered mine August '13 and took delivery end of Oct, so pre-lci was quicker. My Swiss dealer told me back then that the dealerships only are informed by bmw Switzerland, when the car is actually ready for delivery to the dealership. That then takes 1day and she's at the dealership.
As we say "Vorfreude ist die grösste Freude";-) No seriously.... The 20d is great and worth the wait! powerful and efficient. Congrats:-)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

Thanks for your few cents

Just got some updates from the dealer.. He confirmed that I will be getting my car delivered end of Jan 2015..

Cant wait...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #5
jabcap
Registered
Rep
Drives: 118D

UK delivery

i was just quoted more than 8 months for UK delivery for 2.0L D X line.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M sport

Hello there, mine was produced on the 30th of Nov and still waiting for the ship....
I passed order end of June, delivery date was announced last week of January.
I'm getting crazy checking everyday if loaded to a vessel or accepted at the port of Charleston.
I hope it will be in the next ship ( name is Toscana carrier).
Ordered a black sapphire M sport, 2.0d with the automatic gear box, HUD, connectivity pack, visibility pack etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:19 AM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

It is the same in the UK.

I was looking at a new one, and for a start I was surprised the 20d xDrive was over Ł40,000 with the options I wanted, xenons, prof nav, upgraded hifi, pano roof, heated sport seats, dab etc.
Then even more surprised at the poor discounting, after ringing round for 2 days Ł3500 seemed to be as good as it would get for anyone with a slot this side of September 2015 delivery!

Forget that!
I was hoping that someone had one in stock ready to go!!

I did a search for anything under 2 years old with the above options and out of a grand total of 300+ approved used X3's 6 had those options. Amazed at how many don't have xenons for a start.
Only 2 were 20d's and only one of those was an SE with sport seats, and that was a 13 plate at Ł37,000.

So I decided to keep my ML a little longer and bought some new wheels and tyres for it to freshen it up.
The day after the wheels went on a really nicely specced X3 came up, Jan 13, all the toys and more, and Ł10,000 cheaper than the other one on there. I called up and gave a deposit last Monday morning, 10 minutes after they had listed it, not even got any photos up.

Collecting today.

I decided to run this for a year and then swap for a nearly new LCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:46 AM   #8
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE
It is the same in the UK.

I was looking at a new one, and for a start I was surprised the 20d xDrive was over 40,000 with the options I wanted, xenons, prof nav, upgraded hifi, pano roof, heated sport seats, dab etc.
Then even more surprised at the poor discounting, after ringing round for 2 days 3500 seemed to be as good as it would get for anyone with a slot this side of September 2015 delivery!

Forget that!
I was hoping that someone had one in stock ready to go!!

I did a search for anything under 2 years old with the above options and out of a grand total of 300+ approved used X3's 6 had those options. Amazed at how many don't have xenons for a start.
Only 2 were 20d's and only one of those was an SE with sport seats, and that was a 13 plate at 37,000.

So I decided to keep my ML a little longer and bought some new wheels and tyres for it to freshen it up.
The day after the wheels went on a really nicely specced X3 came up, Jan 13, all the toys and more, and 10,000 cheaper than the other one on there. I called up and gave a deposit last Monday morning, 10 minutes after they had listed it, not even got any photos up.

Collecting today.

I decided to run this for a year and then swap for a nearly new LCI.
Congrats on your new car

The LCI is very popular .. For good reason and will hopefully be a good place to put your money

As for discounts .. Why would they ? After all they can't get them and can sell everyone they do get several times over

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep

Did you guys manage to track your cars via the w2.global (ship carrier) website?
Mine was produced not the 30th of Nov and still can't be find on the ships... There are so many x3 produced 2weeks after mine and they are already on the way to Europe .
Is there somebody who tracked successfully by VIN number the shipping?
Thank you in advance for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post

As for discounts .. Why would they ? After all they can't get them and can sell everyone they do get several times over

Agreed, I was just surprised that they were so popular to be honest, I see X5s everywhere but never really see an X3 on the road.

And so used to massive discounts on new BMWs that it was a bit of a shock not to see much offered on the X3.

However, it was the 9-12month wait that was the real surprise, nice to see though.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #11
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Read on a land rover board where they were discussing the new disco sport that someone was quoted 12 months for delivery of an X3 in the UK recently

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #12
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Read on a land rover board where they were discussing the new disco sport that someone was quoted 12 months for delivery of an X3 in the UK recently
Maybe depends on the dealer. I was hearing Week 34 just before Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep

OK, my dealer call me and it seems the car has already status 182...
Obviously the WW tracking system never worked for my VIN number...
I should get it in about 2-3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #14
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

Finally mine arrived at Bremerhaven 4 days back.. Now waiting for my dealer to call me and say the car is here
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #15
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep

that means your car was in the same ship as mine.
Checked yesterday and The status is still 182.
I should have it between the 17th and 24th of January.
Keep me informed if your dealer call you before since I think both cars will do the road with the same transporter to Zurich. From ZH they will be delivered to your local agency by Galikker logistics....you know those brown trucks.....
Can't wait anymore.....

Last edited by Skyguider; 01-06-2015 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:17 AM   #16
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

When I spoke to the dealer last time, he said i can expect the car between 19-23 Jan.. so mostly around the same time as yours..

Thanks for the info skyguider.. I will keep an eye on the brown trucks around the region

Last edited by sathishraju; 01-07-2015 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Wrong name
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:32 AM   #17
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguider View Post
that means your car was in the same ship as mine.
Checked yesterday and The status is still 182.
I should have it between the 17th and 24th of January.
Keep me informed if your dealer call you before since I think both cars will do the road with the same transporter to Zurich. From ZH they will be delivered to your local agency by Galikker logistics....you know those brown trucks.....
Can't wait anymore.....

Mine was shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen in the ship Honor.. I could track it via the site:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Just give your full VIN number in the "Cargo ID" field without spaces..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:56 AM   #18
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathishraju View Post
Mine was shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen in the ship Honor.. I could track it via the site:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Just give your full VIN number in the "Cargo ID" field without spaces..
Yep, I used the same website to track it but it never show... It seems that not all of the Considered are registered there and the information is quite random. It doesn't matter, the most important is it was released to the carrier at Bremerhaven for Swiss delivery!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 02:26 AM   #19
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

Just got a call from the dealer.. the car has arrived
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 03:51 AM   #20
Skyguider
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathishraju View Post
Just got a call from the dealer.. the car has arrived
Wow, congratulations I'm very happy for you, obviously you'll get it next week!!! Enjoy the beauty! My dealer is on holiday until middle of next week...Anyway, it seems that the long waiting is almost finish. Finally it took 7 complete months from order to delivery.

Have a safety ride with it!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 03:06 AM   #21
sathishraju
Switzerland
Rep

Picked up the car on Wednesday
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 04:27 AM   #22
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Understanding the whole world wide purchase of the X3 makes one understand what is going on.

I think we will find that the waiting list for cars wherever you are (except for the US) is long because as well as BMW in South Carolina manufacturing and assembling (building) cars for the the US and the European/UK market, they are producing Knock Down Kits for the assembly factories in market in places like India, Indonesia and Thailand etc. Naturally this stretches the component builders and slows the system down.

That is my view anyway.
Appreciate 0