BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Anyone else have to keep re-pairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

Anyone else have to keep repairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

The phonebook/office functions work seamlessly, and I never have to re-pair, but to get my slacker playing, I always have to remove the phone from the list, and do a new pair. Its getting tedious I tried using the more standard 0000 and 1234 passkeys, but same problem everytime...

This is all on a Droid2 BTW

Thanks!!
      06-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Anyone else have to keep repairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

The phonebook/office functions work seamlessly, and I never have to re-pair, but to get my slacker playing, I always have to remove the phone from the list, and do a new pair. Its getting tedious I tried using the more standard 0000 and 1234 passkeys, but same problem everytime...

Thanks!!
You probably don't need to re-pair. You get this problem with iPhones when you are connected for Bluetooth audio and then you connect the phone via USB which switches the phone back to paired for Bluetooth calls only mode (and USB audio).

To get Bluetooth audio back you just need to choose Add New Device which puts the car into pairing mode and then you can select the car from your phone which will prompt you for calls/audio. The iPhone steps are explained here but the iDrive side of things will be the same for any Bluetooth device

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536121

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Thanks!!
Sorry I can’t help with your problem but I have a couple of questions.

What cell phone carrier do you use?
Do the addresses transfer when it syncs or just the names and phone numbers?

I have a Droid-X from Verizon.
I have the Tech Package
I can’t get any music streaming, and my names and numbers download but not the contact’s address.

I don’t care much about music streaming as I just use my iPod. It would be great to figure out a way for my contact’s addresses to download as it would make navigation via address really convenient.

I’ve been told it is a Verizon issue.
Appreciate 0