BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
sfiermon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535xi

2014 models - Concierge Option? Can this be coded?

With the 2014 (X3 at least), there is an option called "Concierge". It is option code 6AN. When I ordered the car in April, the ordering system didn't have this option available even though it was listed in the ordering guide.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a code for it? Coincidentally in ConnectedDrive, there is NO Concierge option listed....

I HAVE NBT in this car as well so I have the CAFD files for NBT options...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
liverman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
With the 2014 (X3 at least), there is an option called "Concierge". It is option code 6AN. When I ordered the car in April, the ordering system didn't have this option available even though it was listed in the ordering guide.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a code for it? Coincidentally in ConnectedDrive, there is NO Concierge option listed....

I HAVE NBT in this car as well so I have the CAFD files for NBT options...
It is a SERVICE, not hardware. When you buy it, a person on the other end of the built-in cell phone in the car will make dinner reservations for you, read your mail, give you directions and stuff like that. It is part of one of two service options for the BMW Assist: See http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...anLanding.aspx

BMW NA appears to have changed the SERVICES that are included with the X3 purchase. The service bundles or packages that are described on my BMW Assist Subscriber Agreement Contract are different from the ones described on the website listed above.

BMW Assist still does not have my contract processed, even though it appears most of the services are enabled for my car (??!!). The only one that is not working that I would expect to work is My Info (sending a map from google to the car). Oddly enough I can send my poisiton from my car to an email address...just not the other way.

I call them weekely to see how they are doing and the people do not know when my ergisrtaion will actually be processed. They tell me they see that the paperwork has been sent and received, but it has not been entered into the master database that will enable MyInfo.

The nav works, the weather icons show up, I get news items (though they are only one line...I suspect I should get more), the nav works, the traffic shows up on the map, SiriusXM tunes play, there are some apps that tell me the price of gas and such...

...so I am not complaining.