BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #2069
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
That did work. Even though I was using a Launcher version that was supposed to have cheat codes, uninstalling everything and installing updated versions of everything worked.

Now I just need to get DVD in motion and anti-dazzle headlights working. Those are still defeating me.
What do you mean VIM and NGHB is defeating you?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #2070
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M4Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
What do you mean VIM and NGHB is defeating you?
For VIM, I've looked at every code that seems applicable, they all seem to be set correctly, yet I get the lock-out screen in motion. The same applies to owner manual in motion (which is important to me - video is not) and side and rear cameras in motion (which probably aren't very useful in the real world).

For NGHB, I've VO-coded the car and tried both manually coding the werte that have been reported as being necessary and doing so using cheat codes in Launcher. I've shut down the car then gone back and confirmed that the FA is updated and that the ECU's show the new coding, but I see no effect at all in terms of actual headlight function. One thing of which I'm uncertain is what I'm actually supposed to be doing with the headlight controls - am I supposed to have High Beam Assistant on or off? Is the stalk supposed to be clicked forward to the high beam position or not?

Apart from those, I've given up on closing the tailgate with the key or with Comfort Access. Nothing I tried worked and I lost my kick-to-open function. When I coded things back to default I got kick-to-open back. Our new X3 has a blanking piece where the old one had a tailgate button, so I suppose this may no longer work at all for some reason.

I have the ability to edit menu options to display Office functions (Calendar, Emails, Texts), but those do not display and I can't find any Office stuff anywhere. I'm pretty sure that if it's a feature in US we're supposed to have it, but who knows? Thus I can't tell if office in motion works!

A number of other things work great: mirror folding and unfolding, eliminating legal disclaimers, window roll-down continuing after door opening, turning off electronics when the driver door is opened, fog lights with high beams, automatic high beam assistant, and a few other little niceties.

I'm eager to test REGENSCHLIESSEN. I haven't been able to test road edge detection without a fog line. I might play around with LIM.
2004 E85 Z4 3.0 Sport - Sold to brother | 2004 E83 X3 xDrive3.0i - Gone | 2011 E89 Z4 35is - Gone | 2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - Gone | 2014 E89 Z4 E89 35is - Gone | 2014 F25 X3 xDrive 30i X3 - Gone | 2017 F83 M4 Cabriolet - Gone | 2017 F25 X3 xDrive30i - Gone
2020 G29 Z4 M40i Misanoblau | 2020 G01 M40i Phytonicblau
Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #2071
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
For VIM, I've looked at every code that seems applicable, they all seem to be set correctly, yet I get the lock-out screen in motion. The same applies to owner manual in motion (which is important to me - video is not) and side and rear cameras in motion (which probably aren't very useful in the real world).

For NGHB, I've VO-coded the car and tried both manually coding the werte that have been reported as being necessary and doing so using cheat codes in Launcher. I've shut down the car then gone back and confirmed that the FA is updated and that the ECU's show the new coding, but I see no effect at all in terms of actual headlight function. One thing of which I'm uncertain is what I'm actually supposed to be doing with the headlight controls - am I supposed to have High Beam Assistant on or off? Is the stalk supposed to be clicked forward to the high beam position or not?

Apart from those, I've given up on closing the tailgate with the key or with Comfort Access. Nothing I tried worked and I lost my kick-to-open function. When I coded things back to default I got kick-to-open back. Our new X3 has a blanking piece where the old one had a tailgate button, so I suppose this may no longer work at all for some reason.

I have the ability to edit menu options to display Office functions (Calendar, Emails, Texts), but those do not display and I can't find any Office stuff anywhere. I'm pretty sure that if it's a feature in US we're supposed to have it, but who knows? Thus I can't tell if office in motion works!

A number of other things work great: mirror folding and unfolding, eliminating legal disclaimers, window roll-down continuing after door opening, turning off electronics when the driver door is opened, fog lights with high beams, automatic high beam assistant, and a few other little niceties.

I'm eager to test REGENSCHLIESSEN. I haven't been able to test road edge detection without a fog line. I might play around with LIM.
VIM, Office, and Manual in motion all work.

For NGHB, make sure you are using correct Cheat Codes. The ones in launcher are not always labeled correctly and you may be using the ones for F8x, which are different than those for F25. To work correctly, you have either code automatically to turn on in FRM or select button on turn signal stalk; when dark, you will see indication on dash and when high beams are enabled you will see additional blue icon. You do not pull stalk forward or back for NGHB feature.

REGENSCHLIESSEN does not work. For road edge, you end up having to get dangerously close to curb.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #2072
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Read the guide here to properly code for NGHB: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attach...3&d=1450979992

Do you have LEDs or Xenons? I'm not sure about Xenons but this coding worked for me with LEDs.
High Beam Assist needs to be on for it to work

Closing trunk with FOB should work but not sure about comfort access.

Are you accessing office functions from the "office" menu on the idrive main screen?

Road edge detection without a line works and was actually enabled by default from the factory for me. Coding LIM also works. I haven't coded REGENSCHLIESSEN but I've read that it may not work

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #2073
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
VIM, Office, and Manual in motion all work.
I guess I need to play around more with video and manual in motion. For office in motion, I'll first need to get office to show up when at rest.

Quote:
For NGHB, make sure you are using correct Cheat Codes.
I think the issue may have been that when I drove around to test it I might have been driving too slowly. I believe I saw evidence that it was working earlier this evening.

Quote:
REGENSCHLIESSEN does not work.
Bummer.

Quote:
For road edge, you end up having to get dangerously close to curb.
I've heard of curbs. That's one a them city things, right?

We have a lot of unpaved roads around here. Hardly any curbs.

I'm just trying to take it slowly and step-by-step with making changes to my wife's car because I don't want to brick it. The help I've received here, particularly from you, has been invaluable.

My new M4 is at the dealer now, but I won't be able to get there to pick it up until Friday. I'm not eager to brick that, either, but my hope is that by then I'll have better understanding of what I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Do you have LEDs or Xenons? I'm not sure about Xenons but this coding worked for me with LEDs.
It's LED-only, and I have LED's. I think it's sorted out now.

Quote:
Closing trunk with FOB should work but not sure about comfort access.
Perhaps it should, but I can't get it to. Does one press and hold the lock button?

As I said, we no longer even have a tailgate release button inside this car (so I'm not even sure we can open it from inside any longer). Perhaps that's changed other aspects of the function of this system.

Quote:
Are you accessing office functions from the "office" menu on the idrive main screen?
No, because no such menu appears on the iDrive 5 screen on my NBT2 headunit.

Quote:
Road edge detection without a line works and was actually enabled by default from the factory for me.
It was set to not active in our X3. That was easy to change. I just need to find some grass at the edge of a road. That may need to wait until the snow melts.
2004 E85 Z4 3.0 Sport - Sold to brother | 2004 E83 X3 xDrive3.0i - Gone | 2011 E89 Z4 35is - Gone | 2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - Gone | 2014 E89 Z4 E89 35is - Gone | 2014 F25 X3 xDrive 30i X3 - Gone | 2017 F83 M4 Cabriolet - Gone | 2017 F25 X3 xDrive30i - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #2074
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I guess I need to play around more with video and manual in motion. For office in motion, I'll first need to get office to show up when at rest.

I think the issue may have been that when I drove around to test it I might have been driving too slowly. I believe I saw evidence that it was working earlier this evening.

I've heard of curbs. That's one a them city things, right?

We have a lot of unpaved roads around here. Hardly any curbs.

I'm just trying to take it slowly and step-by-step with making changes to my wife's car because I don't want to brick it. The help I've received here, particularly from you, has been invaluable.

My new M4 is at the dealer now, but I won't be able to get there to pick it up until Friday. I'm not eager to brick that, either, but my hope is that by then I'll have better understanding of what I'm doing.

Perhaps it should, but I can't get it to. Does one press and hold the lock button?

As I said, we no longer even have a tailgate release button inside this car (so I'm not even sure we can open it from inside any longer). Perhaps that's changed other aspects of the function of this system.

It was set to not active in our X3. That was easy to change. I just need to find some grass at the edge of a road. That may need to wait until the snow melts.
Sorry, I did not realize you had ID5. For that, Office, in general, plus it and Manual in motion will work. For Video, the coding only works up to 63 kph, unless you pay for script activation or use hardware bypass; a number of individuals are working on a solution, but nothing is ready yet.

For NGHB, make sure you are following F25/ F26 guide and not using codes meant for F80/ F82/ F83 or F15/ F16.

Re curbs: guess you will not have to risk curbing your rims while you test feature coded from factory on EU vehicles. The other option in KAFAS I like is switching to EU SLI.

As long as you follow standard warnings, then you should not brick vehicle. Usually, the worst case is coding does not work and you just switch it back.

Do you have HKFM_LS or HKFM2? Coding is different for ladder.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #2075
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Press and hold down the trunk release button

Quote:
Wait, what? You don't have a button, you must!? It's right in front of the power window buttons

Quote:
Any type of road edge works as long as it's a "line" for the camera to see. But you do have to be dangerously close, don't test it with the curb!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #2076
msb100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 30D F25

Hi,
I'm using E-sys version 3.24.3 and psdz ver 4.8.1.
Is there an updated version and is there any advantage to using the latest?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #2077
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb100 View Post
Hi,
I'm using E-sys version 3.24.3 and psdz ver 4.8.1.
Is there an updated version and is there any advantage to using the latest?
Thanks
Yes there is new version, and no there is not any advantage. For Coding, one updates out of necessity, not benefit.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #2078
msb100
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes there is new version, and no there is not any advantage. For Coding, one updates out of necessity, not benefit.
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I read somewhere that the new version has an in-built cheat sheet. Is that correct?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #2079
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I read somewhere that the new version has an in-built cheat sheet. Is that correct?
Thanks
That is E-Sys Launcher, not E-Sys nor PSdZData as you asked about.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #2080
msb100
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
That is E-Sys Launcher, not E-Sys nor PSdZData as you asked about.
Sorry, I thought it's the main program.

Could you please PM me the link to the new Launcher?
Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #2081
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry, I thought it's the main program.

Could you please PM me the link to the new Launcher?
Many thanks.
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #2082
msb100
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #2083
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

For you guys who are well-versed in this, and might have an idea what Carly is able to do, what are some of the main things that you can do with coding, but you CAN'T with Carly?

For example, I'd love to activate Siri, but can't. The guys at Bimmer Tech have figured out a way to put it onto a USB stick and then you just upload the coding, but I don't want to fork over $50 just for that...

Or Brake Force Display, AFAIK, Carly can't do it.

Last edited by Lotus99; 12-09-2016 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #2084
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
For you guys who are well-versed in this, and might have an idea what Carly is able to do, what are some of the main things that you can do with coding, but you CAN'T with Carly?

For example, I'd love to activate Siri, but can't. The guys at Bimmer Tech have figured out a way to put it onto a USB stick and then you just upload the coding, but I don't want to fork over $50 just for that...

Or Brake Force Display, AFAIK, Carly can't do it.
Cheat Sheets are freely found on forums for what can be done with E-sys. Carly also lists available options.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #2085
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Cheat Sheets are freely found on forums for what can be done with E-sys. Carly also lists available options.
OK, I'll start poking around. There's not a comparison cheat sheet, that I know of. Guess someone needs to start putting the two side by side...

Plus, Carly's options are not found on a cheat sheet, but maybe some members have created one. It's a PITA to go thru their site, as you manually have to click each option on their site to open up the section and see what's available...

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge...t-is-possible/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #2086
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I did not realize you had ID5. For that, Office, in general, plus it and Manual in motion will work. For Video, the coding only works up to 63 kph, unless you pay for script activation or use hardware bypass; a number of individuals are working on a solution, but nothing is ready yet.
Ah, well. I don't really imagine I will ever actually watch any sort of video in motion. Manual in motion, though, seems quite useful and desirable.

I still haven't been able to get Office to appear anywhere. I took delivery of my M4 today and although it has the same options in Settings to add Office functions such as Calendar or Email to the Communication menu, nothing actually shows up.

Quote:
For NGHB, make sure you are following F25/ F26 guide and not using codes meant for F80/ F82/ F83 or F15/ F16.
Yep. I think I actually had it working and didn't recognize the fact due to not having been able to find any other cars on the road.

Quote:
The other option in KAFAS I like is switching to EU SLI.
What is EU SLI?

Quote:
Do you have HKFM_LS or HKFM2? Coding is different for ladder.
This car has HKFM_LS.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 11:42 PM   #2087
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
OK, I'll start poking around. There's not a comparison cheat sheet, that I know of. Guess someone needs to start putting the two side by side...

Plus, Carly's options are not found on a cheat sheet, but maybe some members have created one. It's a PITA to go thru their site, as you manually have to click each option on their site to open up the section and see what's available...
I have never used Carly app and do not plan to. I like understanding underlying vehicle architecture rather than blindly selecting options; a personal preference.

There is not going to a comparison chart because there is no option that Carly can do that cannot be done with E-sys.

Quote:
Ah, well. I don't really imagine I will ever actually watch any sort of video in motion. Manual in motion, though, seems quite useful and desirable.
My Y-chromosome prevents me from reading manual, so I doubt I will ever use feature. Videos I reserve for lectures with summary slides and for passengers. But, option is there for those interested.

Quote:
What is EU SLI?

Quote:
This car has HKFM_LS.
Then you will have no issue coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #2088
smytw
Private
Rep
Drives: Used to have '15 X35i

Evening...
Can I have the link for latest PZData.. currently on E-Sys 3.27.1
Thank You
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #2089
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smytw View Post
Evening...
Can I have the link for latest PZData.. currently on E-Sys 3.27.1
Thank You
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #2090
smytw
Private
Rep
Drives: Used to have '15 X35i

Thank You
Appreciate 0