BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
JSGR8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive28i

Anxiously waiting for X3...a few questions...need help.

Hello all,

First time BMW owner; new member here. Also from Canada.

Placed my order Nov 20th. It's only been three weeks, but I can hardly wait! The wait is making me so anxious! I'm hoping to take delivery before the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

I was torn between Blue and Mineral White for days. Finally settled on MW, mocha leather, and anthracite trim. Still not sure I made the right colour choice. Lol. I wanted the M-sport package, but couldn't justify the additional $5K, so just went with the Enhanced package, and leather.

First question is for those that are financing through BMWFS...when I signed, the finance rate was 3.9%. The rate has since dropped to 2.9% for December. If I take delivery in December, I know I will get the lower rate, but what if delivery doesn't happen until January 2016 and the rate goes back up to 3.9%? Can I request the lowest rate between time of purchase and date of delivery? Anyone go through this scenario?

Second question, what's the tint percentage that comes on the windows? I was asked if wanted to tint the car after I signed. Wish I had negotiated the price of the tint as well.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Canadians as well as Swedes are accepted here.

Relax - time will fly

There is no negotiating with beancounters, but it is highly unlikely they will raise rate during january.

I don`t know the percentage of tint, and if eager for quick delivery - don`t change!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Congrats.
You should be ok. I also will have 28i close to 12/31. Actual pick up date is Jan.
Initial contract was 11/23. In Dec $1k rebate was offered. Yesterday, dealer printed an amended contract with the $1k loyalty. Ask dealer to preprint the contract, with both signatures.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
JSGR8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Congrats.
You should be ok. I also will have 28i close to 12/31. Actual pick up date is Jan.
Initial contract was 11/23. In Dec $1k rebate was offered. Yesterday, dealer printed an amended contract with the $1k loyalty. Ask dealer to preprint the contract, with both signatures.
Hey...fellow Torontonian,

I would prefer the $1K cash rebate, but that is only for cash purchases. I'm financing, so can't get the $1K; have to settle for 0.75% off lending rate. So, since it is now 2.9%, I would get it for 2.15%.

They never offered me an amended contract. Maybe I should request that before end of Dec. just in case the rate goes back up to 3.9% or even higher. Unlikely, but why chance it?

The tint, I'm told is done in-house. They probably have the local guy come in and do it there, but the price isn't too bad at $399 for front, back, and tailgate. I would prefer to have it done before I take delivery so I don't have to make more time to go have it done elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 05:12 AM   #5
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSGR8 View Post
Hey...fellow Torontonian,

I would prefer the $1K cash rebate, but that is only for cash purchases. I'm financing, so can't get the $1K; have to settle for 0.75% off lending rate. So, since it is now 2.9%, I would get it for 2.15%.

They never offered me an amended contract. Maybe I should request that before end of Dec. just in case the rate goes back up to 3.9% or even higher. Unlikely, but why chance it?

The tint, I'm told is done in-house. They probably have the local guy come in and do it there, but the price isn't too bad at $399 for front, back, and tailgate. I would prefer to have it done before I take delivery so I don't have to make more time to go have it done elsewhere.
Yes, I am sure our paths will cross.
There will likely be a promotion for January, of some sort. If it was me I would visit your dealer and ask for a current invoice.
My Vehicle Inquiry Report Shows ETA 12/26. With early closing on 12/24 and 12/31 and closing for 12/25 maybe 12/16, tight for Dec delivery.

from BMW Canada Inc.
BMW 2015 Product Planning Bulletin:
2016MY Vehicle Pricing Adjustments:
"2016 increases are: "MRSP adj will take effect 1/5/16...Freight charges will also be adjusted to $1035 (+$50) on this date."

"Wholesale pricing on vehicles will be updated to reflect these adjustments starting with production during Week 1, 2106. All existing and incoming units produced in Nov and Dec will be invoiced utilizing current pricing."

Last edited by barcelona; 12-14-2015 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Base price increase $300
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #6
JSGR8
Private
Rep

BMWFS assured me the 2.90% will be effective until Feb 1, 2016. So that is good to know.

I'm hoping to take delivery before the end of the year, so hopefully those increases in freight won't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
kevink1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSGR8 View Post
BMWFS assured me the 2.90% will be effective until Feb 1, 2016. So that is good to know.

I'm hoping to take delivery before the end of the year, so hopefully those increases in freight won't be an issue.
I was going to comment that I still see rates as low as 1.5% (which I got 18 months ago from my credit union), then I see that you are in Toronto and therefore a different market.

I guess I DID still comment
Appreciate 0