BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-15-2016, 04:53 AM   #1
Sfkjeld
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

2008 X3 Missing under acceleration

Looking for ideas to explain the missing I feel on freeway on ramps. Under acceleration, I can feel the slight tugging as the X3 spins up after 2000rpm. There are no engine lights and there are no codes being thrown to explain it. Was thinking fuel filer or pump, but many say that would only feel like a lack of power. Power and mpg is fine. Does this sound more like coils? How can a bad one be identified? And why would it only fail sporadically under acceleration?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
leathers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

I'm experiencing the same in our 2006 X3. I've changed the spark plugs and oxygen sensors and it's still there. There is a theory over on Bimmerfest (see link below) that it is related to the gearbox, and I'm edging towards that also as it appears to be exaggerated when the car is loaded and going uphill. It was really noticeable on a recent road trip with 4 adult passengers on board. When I changed the gearbox oil it seemed to eliminate the issue for a while, but it is now back. The dealership has looked at it twice with both times they've claimed that they couldn't replicate the issue - go figure!. I'm going to take it back in and hopefully go with the tech when they test drive it. I'll report back with any positive updates...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=866684&page=6
Appreciate 0