BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

BMW needs an answer to the Macan Turbo..

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have no idea what the brain team at BMW is doing right now but they need a solid answer to the Macan, specifically to the turbo version. My Porsche dealer tells me about 50% of the Macan Turbo clients are previous performance car enthusiasts (like me) that see this as the perfect all in one package. They are selling these rides for an average going rate of $100k Canadian - almost as much as an M5 not to mention that their are sold out for the 1st 6 months of production.

Lets go ///M, BMW... whoever is reading or listening!
      04-24-2014, 04:53 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Yes good point. Its an carry all fast motor for sure. I'd have been happy with and X4 M50D like the X5. Maybe in time...

Currently the Macan is cleaning up I think...and that's before the 2.0i and 2.00d engines kick in here in Europe. Servicing at Porsche still puts me off £700 a year for the diesel Macan here in the UK!

.PS the slow moving nature of the X4 thread in general tells a tale, no one seems to be that interested, I like it but for me the 3.00D and 3.5D in MSport are ludicrous at near £50k!
      04-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
I have no idea what the brain team at BMW is doing right now but they need a solid answer to the Macan, specifically to the turbo version. My Porsche dealer tells me about 50% of the Macan Turbo clients are previous performance car enthusiasts (like me) that see this as the perfect all in one package. They are selling these rides for an average going rate of $100k Canadian - almost as much as an M5 not to mention that their are sold out for the 1st 6 months of production.

Lets go ///M, BMW... whoever is reading or listening!
They should listen. The Macan was a response to a growing market and they nailed it. F25 X3 was king for a few years but all that is about to change. I believe the Macan was a response to the X3 35i. You needed to spend for a Cayenne S /GTS to keep up with the 35i, and they are not even in the same class.

I'm going for a loaded 2015 X3 M-sport. Don't want anything bigger and will always want more power and performance. No option for me to wait a year (it is a frenzy at the dealers) for a Macan or a X4 this summer. After this lease run, if BMW doesn't offer a true performance upgrade from the 35i via 40i (which probably won't be enough), M40i or a true M version...I'm going for a Macan Turbo in 2018.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Going to be interesting to see how the X4 performs.. its a nice ride but I think its being rushed to the market and Macan has its number!