BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #177
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjen View Post
hi sfax on your car you ordered the dynamic package with the sports seats,does your seats have part electric adjustment forseat height and backrest angle,mine only seems to have electric adjust for backrest angle not seat height is this right as catulogue states electric adjustment for both seat height &backrest angle ,your views would be appreciated on this before i tackle BMW tomorrow, regards julesjen
I ordered the electric seat package so all of mine is electric I'm afraid.

I know someone at work said that the brochure claimed that the steering column adjustment was electric if you ordered the electric seat package and it isn't, it's manual. The brochure is wrong on this and may be wrong on the sports seats adjustment too. I know they add thigh adjustment. If it's a false advertisement, you should get some kind of compensation

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #178
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjen View Post
hi sfax on your car you ordered the dynamic package with the sports seats,does your seats have part electric adjustment forseat height and backrest angle,mine only seems to have electric adjust for backrest angle not seat height is this right as catulogue states electric adjustment for both seat height &backrest angle ,your views would be appreciated on this before i tackle BMW tomorrow, regards julesjen
Jules, let me know how you get on as they will have another angry customer as I was expecting as per the brochure

No doubt some sort of disclaimer contained in brochure

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #179
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
The amusing thing is, I do feel a sense of duty and consequently a sense of guilt that I have failed to deliver on the pictures . I will make sure they're quite good but they'll be no match for AlpineWeiss and juddholland!

Perhaps julesjen can help out and post some pics to ease the pressure?! Have you picked up jj? Is all OK?
Woo I have fans!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #180
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe 325i

Joined forum today after reading posts for past couple of weeks... Came across this forum after googling for X3 wait!! Love the comments...

Ordered X3 on Feb 11....dealer expects delivery around Sept I've got another dealer get back to me and saying can get one in July...apparently a customer has cancelled an order. Am I being ropped in by this dealer to get my business? I've heard a similar story from a friend of mine just this week! Got back to my original dealer who reassured its a standard wait throughout UK. Not got back to second dealer yet with a decision... Any comments?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #181
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Bertie View Post
Joined forum today after reading posts for past couple of weeks... Came across this forum after googling for X3 wait!! Love the comments...

Ordered X3 on Feb 11....dealer expects delivery around Sept I've got another dealer get back to me and saying can get one in July...apparently a customer has cancelled an order. Am I being ropped in by this dealer to get my business? I've heard a similar story from a friend of mine just this week! Got back to my original dealer who reassured its a standard wait throughout UK. Not got back to second dealer yet with a decision... Any comments?
It seems all of us in the UK have been misled on lead time at order point

A cancelled order is plausable but ask them to prove the build slot by showing your the order page on their system

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #182
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

+1 for Bimmer's comments. I would go with the July promise but say if it's later than July you want a discount or some free accessories. If they genuinely think they can get it for you in July, you shouldn't have a problem agreeing to either. If they mention a build week, your UK delivery will be approx. that plus 6 weeks. Good luck

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #183
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the comments.... Now off to haggle with both dealers... Will keep u posted...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #184
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Update-- the second dealer says can provide confirmation of build slot -- unfortunatly can't see him today as work commitments for me...so seeing him tomorrow. My first dealer unable to find a cancelled slot but not pleased with second dealers comments obviously. He tells me that apparently BMW forbids dealers transferring build slots to new customers on cancellation which doesn't sound plausible. Another snag is I've already put down a small deposit - 1K - which he says the management may not be willing to refund...(why??) As things stand will see second dealer tomorrow and get written confirmation etc.. and will proceed if his finance deal can offset my 1K deposit.

Last edited by Bimmer Bertie; 02-26-2011 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #185
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Ordered X3 on Feb 11....dealer expects delivery around Sept

Can't see that happening. My order was confirmed as being accepted by BMW around the same time and I was told end of Sept, more likely October. I've now got an indicative delivery date of 7th October but this is still an estimate as there isn't a confirmed build slot.

This is info from the only BMW-owned dealership in the UK, too. They've been honest with me all the way through (I think). When I was querying at the very start of Jan they were telling me July when others here were still being told Mar/Apr by other dealers.

When I tried most of my local dealers in West Yorks they didn't even have allocations.

Not trying to be a pessimist just trying to set reasonable expectations.
      02-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #186
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

I ordered my X3 on the 12th February and was told it will be Sept/Oct. My order form has an indicative date of the 15th Sept.

I was shocked at how quickly the delivery horizon went that far out TBH
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #187
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
I ordered my X3 on the 12th February and was told it will be Sept/Oct. My order form has an indicative date of the 15th Sept.

are ALL models coming from South Carolina, even for UK deliveries?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #188
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
are ALL models coming from South Carolina, even for UK deliveries?
Yup, all worldwide production for all X3, X5 and X6 now at SC. Not sure about X1s

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #189
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post

I'm still waiting for an indicative date from my first dealer

Going thru other comments October seems to be more realistic date
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #190
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an indicative date from my first dealer

Going thru other comments October seems to be more realistic date
My money is on October too. Gives me longer to mess with the spec I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #191
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Yup, all worldwide production for all X3, X5 and X6 now at SC. Not sure about X1s
That's what I figured because from the few dealers I've been too they all said that, except someone in the ATL dealer that said no, some of them are coming from Germany. Oops!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #192
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

well if my order gets delayed, i guess it makes sense for it to be on the new plates rather than 11 then... though i would prefer to get it now !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #193
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
That's what I figured because from the few dealers I've been too they all said that, except someone in the ATL dealer that said no, some of them are coming from Germany. Oops!
X3's were originally from Austria, from what I understand. So, if you have a dealer saying "Germany", I'd treat anything else from them with some skepticism.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #194
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Update -- Been to second dealer -- confirmed build slot for production week 20 (mid May) and delivery in July. He showed me the stuff on their PC...not a Windows software...appearance of a primitive MS-DOS screen for those who can remember the days. Does have all the details though including production week, shippment, expected delivery, engine specs etc.. I was told apart from engine & body spec (M sport/ SE) any other config can be altered. Suits me fine as original order was for a 2.0d SE which is my base model as well. Configured my options including 6NR..yes the elusive 6NR (will put up details in the relevant thread). Now working on finance deal. If all works out well deal done by tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #195
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

For 6NR see http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=146

Thnx
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #196
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Regarding your 1k deposit, can you dispute your credit card ? I'm not sure abt UK but all deposits are fully refundable here. Sounds like BS excuse to me. I'd fight for that 1K.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #197
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

In UK official line is that deposit is only refundable if dealer defaults in any significant way and that is what you sign for. For this reason I felt a deposit of £500 was reasonable and this was accepted. This I would be willing to give up if a better deal came along, but an improved package work £1000 seemed very unlikely. Sadly I think the purchase terms may override any credit card cover but I insisted on this too for added protection following advice on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #198
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for comments guys. On hindsight should have given a smaller deposit. I will be getting back to the first dealer tomorrow for the deposit. Infact the deal second time around wasn't that bad either with the added bonus of early delivery..awaiting confirmation tomorrow to finalise the seond deal as their financial manager was only contactable by phone, although he agreed in principle, wasn't around to sign it thru.
Appreciate 0