BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Vroom ....

The 35D has been having some fun this weekend ...

It's a monster, but handles so sweetly.

I am not sure if its the VDC or the Servotronic steering, but it's a joy to drive and quick too.

Anyway, the car tells me that it found itself at a red traffic light with a nice long straight piece of road ahead and so it decided to try it's sports mode and floor it ... What Fun! ... of course I had to reprimanded it for such irresponsible behaviour.

The funny thing is, it doesn't shout about it like the 135i convertible does ... just smooth and refined ... odd really, being a diesel and all that.

I have to laugh at the A41 (Hendon way) ... it does attract them though.

Along the way it was passed by an Aston Martin convertible, a Saab convertible and a Yaris all having a bit of "fun" ... For curiosities sake, the car decided to see how well it could kept up, and it wasn't bad considering the circumstances, of course due to speed restrictions it had to let them go.

Funny thing was that Yaris was probably the fastest hands down! ... it trounced the Aston and the Saab ... I can't imagine it was a "factory" model.

... there was a Porsche, admittedly somewhat older which tried to join in, but just ended up looking week and frail and in need of a care home or something.

For added amusement, there were a couple of bikers doing wheelies and stoppies ... cool, oh for some photographic evidence ... err, I mean reckless.

Having fun with the car results in about 27mpg ... at peak "fun" moments, don't expect more than 10 ...

P.S. No photos, so never happened ... wasn't there ... can't prove a thing.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.

Last edited by Horsey; 07-22-2012 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0