BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
X3ray
Rep
Drives: X3

Halogen headlight aiming

I have a 2014plate X3 with halogen lights. I've recently replaced my OEM halogen by Philips white vision. All I did was rotate the black flap under the hood, then pull the wires with the lights out, put the new bulbs in, and push the whole thing back in place.

But I've found that the light pattern seems a bit odd and scattering after replacing the bulb. Not sure if it's the same procedure for every X3 halogen, did you guys also just push the whole thing inside the housing?

I've tried to rotate that thing but it doesn't seem to work. The only way to secure the bulbs in the housing was just push the whole thing back in.

When I had my mot with my dealer last year, I was using the Philips xtremevision 130%, they failed my mot for the first time and said the beam pattern is wrong and they didn't explain much. Then charge me for 50 quids for the so-called OEM rubbish yellow lights. I didn't bother finding out why. But I guess I might be doing it wrong, because when I try to replace the bulbs, I found that the bulbs they installed is very firmly attached to the housing. And after I installed my new bulbs this time, it's a bit loose and can pull them out quite easily comparing to what they did to the OEM lights.

So, did you guys just push the whole thing with the bulbs back into the housing?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0