BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #1431
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyboy30 View Post
I have not seen even a single new X3 in Sheffield since I have booked mine, don't know whether people are not interested or can't afford.
I took mine to the Walsall V Wednesday game a few weeks ago
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #1432
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag
Be prepared for people telling you that you have a fog light out.

I've had three people tell me, I had to explain it was adaptive headlights when cornering!
Isn't that annoying. Q5 does it too- with the running lights as well. It just looks... broken. Wish you could turn it off.
      04-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #1433
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Dupe
      04-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #1434
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well I picked it up Saturday and loving it so far. Will post pics when it stops raining, in the meantime a few 48hour/500 miles impressions:

Positives
-30d engine is sweet. I could never go back to a 4 pot (diesel) now.
-Carbon Black/Oyster/Fineline Wave combo is stunning, everyone has commented as such
-Very happy with the ride (Sport Suspension Deleted)
-No rattles at all on any surfaces [major touching of wood...]
-Voice entry of full nav addresses and control of music is fantastic

Negatives
-Wind noise. I hear it a little up to motorway speeds, but not enough to worry about, however anything over that and it becomes seriously unbearable
-Voice control for dialling numbers is way too long winded. I have programmed the function buttons as speed dials instead.
-They really could have picked a better voice for the car. She sounds bored as hell.
-I have the 'Rear view camera malfunction' message every time I activate it, even though it works perfectly. Connection needs reseating.

I will post a more thorough review after a couple of months and a comparison to the Q5. Of the negatives posted above, the only real disappointment is the terrible wind noise at high speed- although I'd rather have this than rattles...
      04-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #1435
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Look forward to seeing photos, dmw
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #1436
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

X3's F25's are like rocking horse s*** here in the south west of UK.

The dealer for Devon & Cornwall only has one, the main dealer in Southampton only has one. The main dealer in Bristol is waiting for one.

I have only see one on the M5 (sorry to the driver I think he thought I was stalking him) driving all weekend.

Mine arrives next month but I wish I knew where the rest are!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #1437
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
X3's F25's are like rocking horse s*** here in the south west of UK.

The dealer for Devon & Cornwall only has one, the main dealer in Southampton only has one. The main dealer in Bristol is waiting for one.

I have only see one on the M5 (sorry to the driver I think he thought I was stalking him) driving all weekend.

Mine arrives next month but I wish I knew where the rest are!
Plymjack, I think that the Bristol dealer (Cribbs Causeway) has a 3.0D M Sport in their showroom (Carbon Black). They did a few weeks ago

Bath has nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #1438
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Humbug, still 1200 ... guess that means tail end of week 16 build.

Happen to know that some other week 16s are at 5055 at the same dealer.

Wonder how it's all going to dovetail for shipping ...

*bites nails*
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #1439
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Just had a chat with the dealer and it seems my car should go into build anytime now.
I was quoted a Week 16 build so unfortunately dont think any UK cars are being pushed forward in terms of build dates.

The order status still shows up as 1200 though.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #1440
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I am still 1200 as of today ...

Normally a car goes 5055 a week before build ...

... that would make us bottom of the week 16 barrel.

I happen to know at my dealership there are two X3s which went 5055 on Tuesday.

I hope we don't miss the week 16 build transport to the UK ...

... I wonder how many build days per ship there are?

I am guessing that the RHD builds were batched to week 16 on ...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #1441
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

yea seems to be one of the last cars in Week 16 Horsey.

Was also told that some of the cars which are already built now have been held up due to some custom issues but they expect that to be sorted by the time our cars are built and ready to be shipped.

fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #1442
ChessToon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman 2.0SD All4 Aut

Smile 2.0d M Sport Auto Ordered - Possible July Delivery

Hi All,

I have recently placed an order for a X3 2.0d M Sport Auto and I have been given an initial date of mid to late July for delivery. Car was ordered last week of March. Hopefully the initial date will prove accurate but going from this forum may be optimistic.

i haven't managed to get onto the 2013MY configurator as has been mentioned that it is now available on the BMW website. I really want the adaptive cruise, anyone know if this is now an option?

Spec currently gone for is as follows:
Titanium Silver, Prof Media Pk, Prof Speakers, Visibility Pack, Elecetric Seat Pk, Extended Storage, VDC, Variable Sports Steering, DAB, Sun Prot Glass, Rear camera with Top view.

Had considered a 35d M Sport but didn't have all the options I wanted on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #1443
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessToon
Hi All,

I have recently placed an order for a X3 2.0d M Sport Auto and I have been given an initial date of mid to late July for delivery. Car was ordered last week of March. Hopefully the initial date will prove accurate but going from this forum may be optimistic.

i haven't managed to get onto the 2013MY configurator as has been mentioned that it is now available on the BMW website. I really want the adaptive cruise, anyone know if this is now an option?

Spec currently gone for is as follows:
Titanium Silver, Prof Media Pk, Prof Speakers, Visibility Pack, Elecetric Seat Pk, Extended Storage, VDC, Variable Sports Steering, DAB, Sun Prot Glass, Rear camera with Top view.

Had considered a 35d M Sport but didn't have all the options I wanted on it.
Last time I checked BMW.co.uk had the 2013 options.

Adaptive cruise control is not an option, only cruise control with brake function.

You can get speed limit info and lane departure warning though ..
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #1444
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone with a week 16 build gone 5055 yet?

Mine was scheduled for a week 16 build which I assume is next week, but I am still stuck at 1200 ...

I thought they were supposed to to 5055 a week before build started?

I don't know what it means, but I don't think its good ...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #1445
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Horsey, I am told my build date is still somewhere in Week 16 but the order status is still 1200.
The dealer said it might go to 5055 next week and will let me know
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #1446
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
Looks like your car might be built a couple of weeks early. Usually status 1200 happens only one or two weeks before build, if this happened a week ago, I'd expect your car will be built next week or maybe even end of this - i.e. 2/3 weeks early. Exactly the same happened with mine and couple others on the board. Fingers crossed for you!
Its week 16 and I am still 1200 … rather than early it looks more like it’s going to be late …

Right now I would settle for “as scheduled”!

Got nothing useful back from my dealer by way of explanation, other than “it’s next on the list” … but that’s twoddle.

I am a bit disappointed, but the lack of an explanation is more irksome.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #1447
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

This waiting game is seriously KILLING me. Have to keep telling myself its worth it to get the car specc'd how I want it as patience is not a virtue I possess!
      04-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #1448
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
patience is not a virtue I possess!
I am pretty sure I have less ...

I thought I had done really well to get to last week … desperately waiting for 5055 milestone to happen like an expectant child at Christmas.

A week on, I feel like lost foal, abandoned on the moors …

Anyway, cheer up, it could be worse … it’s not like we have to keep reading about all the happy guys and gals in the US who ordered their X3 last week and are getting delivery next week.

I was wondering if making my sales manager’s life as miserable as mine while I wait would help, but it’s doesn’t seem to be.

Who said that “Waiting was half the fun”?

Really?

On a brighter note … a friend recently took delivery of a white Evoque and I saw it at the weekend … looks cool, but once I sat in it again, I was really happy I didn’t go for one. When, eventually, I get my X3 I am looking forward to doing an in-depth side by side comparison … sadly I think there are at a disadvantage, they didn’t get the Lux pack and that makes the car a bit dull on the toys side … although they do have the Dynamic with MagneRide.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #1449
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I am pretty sure I have less ...

I thought I had done really well to get to last week … desperately waiting for 5055 milestone to happen like an expectant child at Christmas.

A week on, I feel like lost foal, abandoned on the moors …

Anyway, cheer up, it could be worse … it’s not like we have to keep reading about all the happy guys and gals in the US who ordered their X3 last week and are getting delivery next week.

I was wondering if making my sales manager’s life as miserable as mine while I wait would help, but it’s doesn’t seem to be.

Who said that “Waiting was half the fun”?

Really?

On a brighter note … a friend recently took delivery of a white Evoque and I saw it at the weekend … looks cool, but once I sat in it again, I was really happy I didn’t go for one. When, eventually, I get my X3 I am looking forward to doing an in-depth side by side comparison … sadly I think there are at a disadvantage, they didn’t get the Lux pack and that makes the car a bit dull on the toys side … although they do have the Dynamic with MagneRide.
Evoque's are as common as the brown stuff round here. X3's are far more exclusive (don't think I've seen one M-sport on the road yet) so I'm glad I went with the F25.

I dread to think what I'll be like the night before getting it. Last time I had a new car (Mini Cooper) I don't think I slept a wink.

Maybe a watch of the Nat Geo Megafactories will calm me down a bit
      04-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #1450
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Maybe a watch of the Nat Geo Megafactories will calm me down a bit
ROTFLMAO

Quote:
I dread to think what I'll be like the night before getting it.
... reminds me of when we collected my wife's 135i ... due to some administrative oversight by the dealer, the vehicle was only "legal" on a Sunday ... despite being ready to collect the day before on Saturday ... Of course, the dealership was closed on Sunday ... what would you have done?

We discussed many options including the dealer dropping round our house, but the problem was it would not have been insured left on the street ...

... luckily the place my wifes worked at the time had a private underground car park just opposite the dealership ... so we arranged for it to be left there ...

Come one minute past midnight we drove it out the car park and home.

... sad really!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #1451
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
ROTFLMAO

... reminds me of when we collected my wife's 135i ... due to some administrative oversight by the dealer, the vehicle was only "legal" on a Sunday ... despite being ready to collect the day before on Saturday ... Of course, the dealership was closed on Sunday ... what would you have done?

We discussed many options including the dealer dropping round our house, but the problem was it would not have been insured left on the street ...

... luckily the place my wifes worked at the time had a private underground car park just opposite the dealership ... so we arranged for it to be left there ...

Come one minute past midnight we drove it out the car park and home.

... sad really!
On the morning of picking up the Cooper I was that keen I was outside the dealership an hour before the arranged pick up time which was 15 mins after it opened in the hope of being squeezed in first. No such luck and managed to leave a load of things in the car I was part ex-ing. At least it gave me an excuse to drive back to the dealer in my brand new car
      04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #1452
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

How much diesel should I be expecting to be in the tank when I pick her up and what gifts/pressies has anyone received from a UK dealer when picking up their F25?