BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-30-2021, 09:58 PM   #1
sbacchus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Garage List
OBD issues

I picked up a 2014 xDrive35i a couple of months ago (previously had a 28i). The OBD2 port was just hanging from the panel under the steering wheel. Hooked up a scanner to it and it powered on but no communication. This weekend I took things apart to have a better look. Firstly I don't see anywhere to mount this in the kick panel (even though the door is there) so I guess it's supposed to be under the steering wheel panel. I checked all the fuses, they all look good, although #171 fits really loosely, not sure it's making proper contact.

There is a little resistor box above the OBD2 port, 9129328-02. Realoem does not list this a part for my car, but it is listed as a mini part so that's a bit curious. Looking at the OBD2 plug, pins 1,2,7,10 and 13 have no pins in them, but there are no loose cables. Any suggestions on what to check next?

Oh and I disconnected the battery when working, now after connecting it back up I'm getting an Emergency call system malfunction
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 10:00 PM   #2
sbacchus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
sbacchus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
A strange but welcome update to this... After mounting my OBD2 port correctly and putting the panel back together, the OBD2 port works and the SOS malfunction is gone! Was able to connect with Bimmercode and code a few things.
Appreciate 2