BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
cohenfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3 space grey dct

A Couple of Questions...Headlights and Cover...

Just got a 2012 carbon black x3 m sport, and it is a keeper! I have it all programmed now, but have a couple of basic questions that I couldn't get answers to in the manual...

--I reprogrammed a profile for my settings but cannot see a way to completely delete an old profile..I just reset the old one, is there a way to delete them or no need?
--I set up the X3 to have no DRL's....but the headlights seem to be on a lot of the time even during pretty decent light conditions. Is this common with the automatic setting (ie, conservatively bmw has it set up so the lights are on a lot of the time) or is there some way for me to 'dial back' the headlights so that they only come on when it is getting dark?
--Car Cover--the x3 may be spending a decent amount of time outside, and am thinking of getting a car cover for it. What would you recommend, and are they as much of a pain to take on and off as they seem?

Thanks!
nikon d500, d810, d750, 14-24, 24-70, 80-400vr, 500vr
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
--Car Cover--the x3 may be spending a decent amount of time outside, and am thinking of getting a car cover for it. What would you recommend, and are they as much of a pain to take on and off as they seem?

Thanks!
From the UK standpoint, not many use them over here and so not usually seen. It is easy to scratch the paint with them, no matter how careful you are. The only time we see them is on cars or boats/trailers where the object is not used on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
cohenfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3 space grey dct

Thanks. I think covers are a pain, but I also like to protect the paint if I can....need a bigger garage!
nikon d500, d810, d750, 14-24, 24-70, 80-400vr, 500vr
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 06:19 AM   #4
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
Thanks. I think covers are a pain, but I also like to protect the paint if I can....need a bigger garage!
Hummm...You want to protect paint? ...... but as previously stated there is more risk to damaging paint by the continual removal and fitting of a cover.

You would be better off by protecting your paint by using a good wax polish or other paint protection products such as Gtechniq http://gtechniq.com/
Appreciate 0