BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
jeschiotz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Question I want Apps!

After I have had a upgrade to a Webasto heater I would like to have Apps enabled. The message I got is that I need a code released from support in Germany. Which they say is not avaiable for my car. Its delivered in oktober 2010 and should be a 2011 version. Options that I got and could be related is:

6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES
6NF EXT.CON.OF THE MUSIC PLAY.I.MOBILPH
6NL CONNECT. BLUETOOTH A.USB DEVICES IN
6VC CONTROL COMBOX
609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
610 HEAD UP DISPLAY
612 BMW ASSIST
614 INTERNET PREPARATION
615 EXTENDED BMW ONLINE INFORMATION
616 BMW ONLINE
633 PREP.MOB. PH. BUSINESS BLUET.INTERF.
676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
698 AREA-CODE 2
7SP NAVI PROFESSINAL W.HANDYPREP.BLUETOOTH
8KA OELSERVICE INT. 30.000 KM/24 MONTHS
8SC COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF TELESERVICE

What do I need to do?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

You'll need an iDrive software upgrade (post April 2011), and then you'll need some extra wiring to carry the video signal from the cradle to the CIC, a slight change to your combox and the car coded. Refer to 6NR thread for some more info

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...471395&page=11

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
jeschiotz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Ok,tghanks. I red through the thread but its stil som things that its not clear to me:
Do I need the wiring and cradle for using the remote apps? Thats the most important for me at the moment(starting the heather remotely via Iphone) Allso,I have been using Android but will recieve the Iphone 5 next week. That makes the present Iohone cradle obsolete for me,right?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschiotz View Post
Ok,tghanks. I red through the thread but its stil som things that its not clear to me:
Do I need the wiring and cradle for using the remote apps? Thats the most important for me at the moment(starting the heather remotely via Iphone) Allso,I have been using Android but will recieve the Iphone 5 next week. That makes the present Iohone cradle obsolete for me,right?
I'm not sure on the remote heating app specifically. Maybe someone else has this and can answer but you don't need BMW Apps for things like remote ventilation using the My BMW Remote app. All you need is pro nav and an active BMW Assist subscription (for SIM access). As I understand it, all available 6NR apps are bundled under one BMW Connected app - and for me this is only Web Radio, News, Twitter, Facebook, Last Mile, Calendar, Wiki Local, ECO PRO Analyzer. Hopefully you can extend My BMW Remote or get something similar that can start up the heater etc without any need for 6NR.

Re. wiring and iPhone 5: yes, no point in cradle as it won't work until they bring out the new iPhone 5 cradle next June. I think the extra wiring is only needed to carry the video data signal but I also think you would have to rewire the back of the CIC in any case (even if you didn't run the video cable) because once you recode for 6NR it will be looking at a different port.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0