BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

Just ordered a new X3 M Sport... Australia

Hi folks,

I'm excited to join the forum... I'm 28, male, living in Melbourne Australia but originally from Mexico. I placed an order last night for an Ibis White X3 20d with the following options:
  • M Sport package
  • 19" M Wheels 369
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Business navigation
  • Head-up display
  • Heated front seats
  • Bi-Xenon
  • Top View
  • Sport seats

Not sure about the 19" wheels though... I think they look quite ordinary. I'm looking at the 20" 310 model but it will probably cost a fortune (dealer estimated around $4k).

As always, in Australia we end up paying top dollar for cars but I think I got a decent deal. Including the optional 19" 369 wheels the driveaway price is $86,240 AUD.

Looking forward to have my first bimmer
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Welcome. Our X3 was also our first BMW and so far after 8 months and 16,000 km no regrets.

I assume for the colour you mean Alpine White. "Ibis White" is the Audi non-metallic white.

Good selection of options, but I still would have saved up and got the 30d. I'm sorry, but not at all impressed with the 20d.

With the wheels/tyres - did you actually have a test drives on 19" and 20" wheels? Before you jump to the 20" just make sure that together with the runflat tyres, you (and your family) are happy with the ride.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

Hi Tony,

Yes, I meant to say Alpine White... as you can see I was tossing between the Q5 and the bimmer

I didn't drive the 30d, but since I'm not looking for performance in this car, nor I'll be towing anything I went for the 20d... it will be a city car so it will do.

I test drove the 19s and it was ok, not too harsh for my taste. Dealer just called, an extra $4,200 to upgrade to the 310 20s.... mmmmmm...
Appreciate 0