BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #617
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Well guys I'm getting pretty pissed off now

For the last two weeks I have seriously been trying to pin down my sales guy for a price on my car

I have a guide from WBAC and from a couple of Bmw dealer group buyers as well as CAP and Glass's guide prices .. So in theory I have an idea what my car is worth .... But ...

I spoke to the dealer in mid December and everything seemed on track .... Spoke to him between Xmas and new year and was promised a call this week with a price on my car. I explained to him that dependant on px price I wanted to add pro nav into the vehicle so needed it sooner rather than later .. I originally raised this with him in November and he stated I would be able to make the change at the beginning of January without it affecting the build at the beginning of February ..

It is now late on Thursday afternoon and I have left him four voicemail messages this week without a recall. ( every day). Nothing stroppy just polite and asking if he can give me a ring ASAP

His voicemail has been updated every day this week saying that he is in the office and will return the call ASAP

I'm very frustrated and now getting quite seriously annoyed ... To the point I'm considering telling him to stick his car .. That's if I can every get in touch with him !

I wonder wtf is going on

Any thoughts guys ?
Phone the dealership and demand to speak to the sales manager - the salesman is neglecting a customer with a car on order
      01-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #618
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Phone the dealership and demand to speak to the sales manager - the salesman is neglecting a customer with a car on order
I wish it was that easy

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #619
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well after my rant I managed to get hold of the dealer who has promised me a price tomorrow .. Let's see

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #620
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Mine was 6 weeks from build date to collection date.
Oh that's not so good, mines supposed to be delivered 31st jan, but the dealer is saying still no build slot as of today, so I guess I'm looking at at least late February
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #621
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Mine was 6 weeks from build date to collection date.
Sounds about right. Mine was built mid December and has been in transit for a couple of weeks. It then needs to go for PDI then to the dealer and finally on to me. I suspect it might actually be in the UK already. My fortnightly email status update is due tomorrow so I'll see what that says.
      01-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #622
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Mines at the dealers.....pick it up next Friday.
      01-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #623
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So mine should have been getting delivered 31st january, update today.....

Build week now scheduled for week 11... So that's mid April if I'm lucky.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #624
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well I got a price for my X1 today and I didn't get kicked in the proverbials and the trade in offer was sufficient for me to add pro nav ...

Must admit I have been seriously stressing this last week or so as everything depends on the cost to change for me as a private buyer.

I appreciate this 9/10 month wait is horrendous whether you are leasing a company car or buying privately

So anyway .. Still on for Beginning of February build and delivery mid/late march

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #625
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
So mine should have been getting delivered 31st january, update today.....

Build week now scheduled for week 11... So that's mid April if I'm lucky.
Feel for you andy

I don't get it how the build dates seem all over .. Suppose you can't hold anything to be right until you actually get told it's here

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #626
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well I got a price for my X1 today and I didn't get kicked in the proverbials and the trade in offer was sufficient for me to add pro nav ...

Must admit I have been seriously stressing this last week or so as everything depends on the cost to change for me as a private buyer.

I appreciate this 9/10 month wait is horrendous whether you are leasing a company car or buying privately

So anyway .. Still on for Beginning of February build and delivery mid/late march
Good news on the trade in!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #627
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Feel for you andy

I don't get it how the build dates seem all over .. Suppose you can't hold anything to be right until you actually get told it's here
I am off to look at a couple of used x4's tomorrow as I'm concerned the April date will become May.

The daft thing is I didn't order a macan due to the year + wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #628
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Good news on the trade in!
Thanks it is ...

When you have a discussion in July about the price of your car in march the next year then you can't be blamed being wary

I recently did a WBAC price which seemed a little low but they have since emailed me three times upping their offer by nearly a grand

Then I spoke to the sytner bmw group buyer who didn't even know they made my car !

So the trade in I have suits .. But if I can get a bit more for it I'll be happy .. So I'll give it a punt privately once we get closer but without the pressure of needing to realise a good sale to make the deal work

So stress free good nights sleep tonight

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #629
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Here mine in all its glory
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #630
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
And the inside
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #631
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Must admit I have been seriously stressing this last week or so
Really? I don't think we'd noticed.
Thought you might do this:

Good news - adding the pro nav package yields quite a few extra toys, I think, although I still don't know exactly what. The bmw.co.uk site suggests it throws in voice control, for example, and we already know about the different dash displays, hard disk etc.
      01-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #632
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Really? I don't think we'd noticed.
Thought you might do this:

Good news - adding the pro nav package yields quite a few extra toys, I think, although I still don't know exactly what. The bmw.co.uk site suggests it throws in voice control, for example, and we already know about the different dash displays, hard disk etc.
I'm such a doubting Thomas

But my sales guy ... Apart from giving me heart failure this week has been spot on throughout with his predictions

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #633
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
I'm such a doubting Thomas

But my sales guy ... Apart from giving me heart failure this week has been spot on throughout with his predictions
Both my last two Cars have had pro nav and I just kept thinking I'd keep looking at the small screen and kick myself each time I did

I don't care about voice control to be honest have it in my current car and have never used it

Did have an I3 at work for a few days with the latest pro nav and it was amazing and light years ahead of the pro nav in my 2011 car

I think it's a shame that you can't get the upgraded dash without pro nav though as you can on other models

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #634
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Both my last two Cars have had pro nav and I just kept thinking I'd keep looking at the small screen and kick myself each time I did

I don't care about voice control to be honest have it in my current car and have never used it

Did have an I3 at work for a few days with the latest pro nav and it was amazing and light years ahead of the pro nav in my 2011 car

I think it's a shame that you can't get the upgraded dash without pro nav though as you can on other models
I've never had a car with nav, but couldn't resist upgrading to pro nav. I put the head up display on as well as the demo I drove had it and it was brilliant.

I think I'm off to look at a couple of 6 month old x4's tomorrow as im seriously considering cancelling my order, they all seem to be the launch Demo's as are all the same spec.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #635
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

For me the additional lease cost of pro nav was the difference between a 30d and 35d. Pro nav is nice but.....I had to call a stop somewhere.
      01-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #636
calvinlacock
Rep
Drives: X3 SE 2014

Hi again guys,

Thought i'd update you just in case you may think you're the only ones being screwed about - (or maybe me feeling better knowing I ain't the only one.)..

Ordered X3 July 2014. Told delivery Dec 2014. Then told that Dec 2014 related to the build slot (in Nov).

After trying to pin him down for a week, I speak to his manager who tells me that we've got no build slot and looking at March delivery.

I finally manage to talk the the sales guy in question and he tells me that the 'factory' screwed up the build slot and there's now an allocated build slot week 10 meaning delivery w/c 13 April.

I swear I am so fed up - I could easily just pull the plug, spend the extra 5k and buy an X5! (Not from this dealer).

Can anyone explain to me when does the factory assign a build slot and how long does it normally take to get a build slot assigned?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #637
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlacock View Post
Hi again guys,

Thought i'd update you just in case you may think you're the only ones being screwed about - (or maybe me feeling better knowing I ain't the only one.)..

Ordered X3 July 2014. Told delivery Dec 2014. Then told that Dec 2014 related to the build slot (in Nov).

After trying to pin him down for a week, I speak to his manager who tells me that we've got no build slot and looking at March delivery.

I finally manage to talk the the sales guy in question and he tells me that the 'factory' screwed up the build slot and there's now an allocated build slot week 10 meaning delivery w/c 13 April.

I swear I am so fed up - I could easily just pull the plug, spend the extra 5k and buy an X5! (Not from this dealer).

Can anyone explain to me when does the factory assign a build slot and how long does it normally take to get a build slot assigned?

Thanks!
Sounds very similar to me, I ordered July and was given a delivery date of end of jan.

I've emailed them a few times and just before xmas was told all was ok for del end of jan. I heard nothing so contacted them today and then get told mines scheduled for week 11 so mid April delivery. It sounds fishy to me.

But if you cancel what do they care, they give the slot to the next buyer, of which there's plenty, I queried it today and there was no problem with getting the deposit back.

I'm not impressed to be honest so going to have a hunt round for a slightly used x3 or x4 and just see what deal can be done. I have a feeling I'll just have to suck it up and wait though.

It's spoilt the buying experience, and I'll get caught out with another service on my current car now because of the delay.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #638
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
I'm not impressed to be honest so going to have a hunt round for a slightly used x3 or x4 and just see what deal can be done. I have a feeling I'll just have to suck it up and wait though.
I found the waiting list just too long and managed to get the car I wanted with only 10k miles on the clock and only 11 months old with all the bells and whistles I wanted. It was in pristine condition and an ex BMW management vehicle. I am well pleased and glad I took the plunge with a used vehicle. I also saved £14k in the process.
Appreciate 0