BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-12-2024, 04:07 AM   #23
chris55552
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x3 35i

let me know if you dont see pics attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-16-2024, 03:14 AM   #24
chris55552
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x3 35i

Mike hopefully you got pics, to get that hose on I rubbed a small dab of dawn soap on the fitting and careful to not allow any of the soap go into the pathway of the coolant and mix in with it. Then with the hose on the fitting lined up evenly with the little notch at the top I used a crobar and placed it behind the hose and used leverage against the engine right behind it to push it up on to the fitting, it will pop on very easily with just a little pressure applied you just have to watch your crobar placement behind the hose and fitting where it contacts the engine careful not to damage anything. If need be place a small board down there verticaly or horizontally to buffer the impact from the crobar. If your splash shield is off you could put something behind the hose and fitting, run the top of a limber device or a bungee cord above the radiator and below to the ground, then grab both ends and pull them both toward you and the front of the vehicle with the middle being on the fitting and hose pressing forward and eventually popping it on.
Appreciate 1