BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #155
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Comments on the steering, Alu trim and anything else when able pls. What is the standard boot like inside pls? Oh just spill the beans! And congratsx3!
Alu trim looks great but I won't know on the whole easy to damage thing for a while (I hope).

Steering all good so far but it's early days. I may not be the best person to comment on this as I think I have different expectations because of how different the X3 is to my old car.

Size of boot is a big plus for me. Might get some shopping bag hooks.

Also, some people have commented on how heavy the boot door is to close but I don't find it a problem and my wife has used it and didn't either.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #156
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

where are the pictures!?!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #157
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I have a slight logistical problem with the pictures. I get the train to work and it's dark when I leave and dark when I get home at the moment. I didn't get to drive it home until it got dark yesterday. You may have to wait until Sat......

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #158
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I have a slight logistical problem with the pictures. I get the train to work and it's dark when I leave and dark when I get home at the moment. I didn't get to drive it home until it got dark yesterday. You may have to wait until Sat......

What kind of excuse is daylight?

You could miss work for one day to do our pictures????

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #159
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The amusing thing is, I do feel a sense of duty and consequently a sense of guilt that I have failed to deliver on the pictures . I will make sure they're quite good but they'll be no match for AlpineWeiss and juddholland!

Perhaps julesjen can help out and post some pics to ease the pressure?! Have you picked up jj? Is all OK?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #160
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
The amusing thing is, I do feel a sense of duty and consequently a sense of guilt that I have failed to deliver on the pictures . I will make sure they're quite good but they'll be no match for AlpineWeiss and juddholland!

Perhaps julesjen can help out and post some pics to ease the pressure?! Have you picked up jj? Is all OK?
hi sfax ,did not want to talk to anyone yesterday after my dealer phoned to say that paperwork from DVLA had not arrived and i could not pick up my car, so pissed off!. finally got it today what a great ride, really has made the wait worthwhile .really impressed ,drives like an x5 ,sorry no pics but it has rained cats &dogs since i picked it up at 11-00hrs have only done about 75 miles all in heavy rain ,but i have had a big smile on my face all afternoon .really is the car i was hoping it would be. so much better than x1 &previous x3,s and 3ers cant wait for next couple days to put some miles on the clock ,give you some feedback then ,hows yours going!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #161
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjen View Post
hi sfax ,did not want to talk to anyone yesterday after my dealer phoned to say that paperwork from DVLA had not arrived and i could not pick up my car, so pissed off!. finally got it today what a great ride, really has made the wait worthwhile .really impressed ,drives like an x5 ,sorry no pics but it has rained cats &dogs since i picked it up at 11-00hrs have only done about 75 miles all in heavy rain ,but i have had a big smile on my face all afternoon .really is the car i was hoping it would be. so much better than x1 &previous x3,s and 3ers cant wait for next couple days to put some miles on the clock ,give you some feedback then ,hows yours going!
Typical! We very nearly both didn't pick them up yesterday then. Mine was a last minute tax disc when we'd already signed forms to take a loan X3 for a day because it looked like there was no way I could take it away.

Excellent so far from my point of view. Extremely pleased.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #162
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Typical! We very nearly both didn't pick them up yesterday then.
Stressful this new car lark

All is well that ends well but the process is never as enjoyable as it should be

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #163
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Stressful this new car lark

All is well that ends well but the process is never as enjoyable as it should be
Like pulling teeth at times but agree on the end result!

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #164
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
Popped into Dealer today, changed Media package from Business to Professional to get the better dials
what better dials? aren't all the dials the same whether you have no nav or nav? surely there can't be even more options that I now have to consider?

am already reconsidering whether to get the dynamic package or not
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #165
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
what better dials? aren't all the dials the same whether you have no nav or nav? surely there can't be even more options that I now have to consider?

am already reconsidering whether to get the dynamic package or not
Pro sat nav or TV options give you a superior dash with a bigger display in the dash itself for songs, radio stations, service messages, sat nav directions.

It's not just that though, the whole thing looks better with pro. The difference is huge IMO

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ighlight=dials
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:07 AM   #166
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I have a long tense wait now. I ordered the 3 litre diesel version back on 30/01/2011, but was put in factory queue status (code 077).
Not that long after (11/02/2011), it moved into the production queue (status code 1100) - production week 17, which equals w.c. 25th April 2011.

The ETD is week 23 (w.c. 6th June 2011).

A couple days ago, I decided to change the order to M Sport and a couple of other specs. - luckily that didn't change the etd. (specs. in signature)

I can't wait!!
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #167
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
I have a long tense wait now. I ordered the 3 litre diesel version back on 30/01/2011, but was put in factory queue status (code 077).
Not that long after (11/02/2011), it moved into the production queue (status code 1100) - production week 17, which equals w.c. 25th April 2011.

A couple days ago, I decided to change the order to M Sport and a couple of other specs. - luckily that didn't change the etd. (specs. in signature)

I can't wait!!
Nice one marmite. Spec looks very good (and expensive!!!). The ETD looks consistent with my order wrt when it's due to go into production. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Congrats!

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #168
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post

I can't wait!!
this can't be right if i ordered before you but ETD is Sept! looks like my dealer is having a laff... maybe it's the 2l v 3l but still
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #169
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

what do you need in order to get the 2 flappy pedals on the steering wheels? do we get that on all autos or is this only available on the petrol models?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #170
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
this can't be right if i ordered before you but ETD is Sept! looks like my dealer is having a laff... maybe it's the 2l v 3l but still
I think it is, they (the dealer) weren't sure, but they thought the 3.0l which have always been slated to start production in April, would get slots.
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #171
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pro sat nav or TV options give you a superior dash with a bigger display in the dash itself for songs, radio stations, service messages, sat nav directions.

It's not just that though, the whole thing looks better with pro. The difference is huge IMO
so it looks like the silver bits are shinier/nicer looking on the Pro versus a duller/thicker bit on the non-pro versions? hmm... i must say it looks great but not sure i can justify the extra outlay for sav when a Tom Tom can do just as well...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #172
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
so it looks like the silver bits are shinier/nicer looking on the Pro versus a duller/thicker bit on the non-pro versions? hmm... i must say it looks great but not sure i can justify the extra outlay for sav when a Tom Tom can do just as well...
Do not get it purely for looks! It's good but it's not worth £2,500 on its own! I think it's worth considering if you are already planning to get business nav

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #173
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

haha... don't think the missus will let me anyways! think she will want to spend the 2.5k on a holiday instead
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #174
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Added some final dates and info to the timeline on the first post

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #175
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Added some final dates and info to the timeline on the first post
hi sfax on your car you ordered the dynamic package with the sports seats,does your seats have part electric adjustment forseat height and backrest angle,mine only seems to have electric adjust for backrest angle not seat height is this right as catulogue states electric adjustment for both seat height &backrest angle ,your views would be appreciated on this before i tackle BMW tomorrow, regards julesjen
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #176
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
what do you need in order to get the 2 flappy pedals on the steering wheels? do we get that on all autos or is this only available on the petrol models?
I haven't seen the paddle on a configurator for the 20d. You can switch to semi automatic but you have to flick the gear level forward and back to change up and down (selected gear appears in the dash)

Appreciate 0