BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Cupcake
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport

Question on tinting back windows & gasket

I had my back seat windows and rear glass tinted today, simply because I wanted something darker than what came from the factory. The installer was wonderful, I would recommend him to anyone, however he asked me to come back by the shop in a few days after the tint dries so he could do something with a gasket in the rear windows (Pretty sure he said something along the lines of pushing the gasket down??). He said it was something to do with the fact that he was unable to remove my door panels because of the rear window shades, thank goodness.

He mentioned if it wasn't done the tint could scratch. He said it should take about 5 minutes to do, but he made it seem like it wasn't something I could do. Normally I wouldn't care but the shop is a good 2 hour trip from my house, so it would easily be 4-5 hour round trip depending on traffic for a 5 minute procedure.

Any ideas on what he was talking about? Thanks for any input!
Appreciate 0