BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
willywang1022
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d

why power upgrade not for X3 X1 20d.......

Hi,guys,I know those with 28i 30d 35i really do not need this, (so good already)but anyone with 20d is looking forward for this too?
it was only for 120d and 320d before,because of the 6speed and 8 speed difference, but I was still hoping and believe that this will be available for all n47 engine with 8 speed auto vehicle in the near future...

However, this news really is disappointed BMW performance just ignore X1 and X3....

http://www.bimmerpost.com/2012/02/16...-geneva-debut/

following are part of the article :

Pulling power enhanced, efficiency preserved: BMW M Performance Power Kit.

Based on first-hand expertise, the BMW M Performance Power Kit for the 4-cylinder diesel engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology paves the way to an extra portion of driving pleasure drawing on top-class technology and a contemporary philosophy. In selected 4-cylinder diesel models of the BMW 5 Series Sedan and the BMW 5 Series Touring, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the new BMW 1 Series, this offer perceptibly increases engine power and torque without affecting these vehicles' low levels of fuel consumption and exhaust emissions based on the EU test cycle. The BMW M Performance Power Kit is available for the BMW 520d, the new BMW 320d Sedan and the new BMW 120d. It comprises software and hardware components which are perfectly dovetailed and specially developed for the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel with all-aluminium crankcase, common rail direct injection and turbocharger. Selective modifications in the area of engine control impact positively on power delivery. A larger charge air cooler enables adaptation to changed thermal conditions. In this way, the peak output of the 4-cylinder diesel engine is raised from 135 kW/184 bhp to 147 kW/200 bhp. Maximum torque, available from just 1,750 rpm, is increased to 420 Nm. The most important outcome of this increase in power is an optimisation of acceleration figures in all models. This is something the driver can clearly feel, including an increase in acceleration to 100 km/h of up to 1.0 seconds. However, this enhanced driving pleasure has no effect whatsoever on the exemplary fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures of the respective models in the EU test cycle. What is more, the high quality standard of the BMW M Performance Power Kit guarantees unlimited reliability of the engine, so the warranty terms for vehicles in which it is installed remain valid as before.

At a later stage the range will be extended to include a BMW M Performance Power Kit for petrol engines. As early as spring 2012, the first petrol engine models will be able to be fitted with an BMW M Performance silencer system. Without impairing the long-distance comfort of the vehicle in question, this system gives the engine acoustics a discreet but audibly sporty touch. The reduction of exhaust counterpressure also results in improved response characteristics. The BMW M Performance silencer system is available for the 6-cylinder models BMW 640i, BMW 535i and BMW 335i, as well as for the BMW 125i, which is new to the portfolio. Both an acoustic and a visual accentuation is added to the most powerful petrol engine variant of the new BMW 1 Series. The BMW M Performance silencer system comprises a twin tailpipe as is typical of 6-cylinder models.

Retrofit of the BMW M Performance Power Kit is now visible from the outside due to an M Performance inscription sticker on the rear section of the side sill. This additional labelling does not apply in conjunction with a BMW M Performance aerodynamic package.
Appreciate 0