BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-11-2023, 06:10 AM   #1
Skribzzrc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw x3 28i

HELP!!! Tapping into subwoofer wires to install amp

I have a 2011 f25 28i with the base 6 speaker system with amp. I’m adding in a subwoofer and second amp and I want to tap into the existing subwoofers under the seat. I was told to lift seats and check what color wires are coming of each side and follow them to the back…. We’ll only one of the colors of the 4 colors is actually in the rear, any idea what’s going on?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 08:01 PM   #2
BMW JA
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 X3, 73 454 Vette,

The way I did it!

I have had a Bazooka sub in my pontoon for the last 4 years. I looked at it sitting in my garage and wondered why am I only using it 3 months a year. I did some research and found this connector for BMWs. https://technicpnp.com/. This connector piggybacks on the plug of the amp that sits in the drivers side of the trunk. It gives you RCA female plugs that tap int the same signal that is sent to the front seat subs. This system works with a self amplified sub using RCAs or strait lines to a unpowered woofer. The plug also has a remote ignition wire that is used to turn the amp on (more on that later). I next bought a Bazooka wiring kit that plugs into the sub and offers me a ground that I wired to a screw in the frame, a fused power line that I attached to the positive battery post. Now to the ignition signal to turn it on.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...woofer+install
If you search this thread you will see the black wire that is behind the rear panel on the passenger side. It will be connected to the wire that is earmarked on the piggyback plug and was connected to the Bazooka plug. I have the HK676 system and what it has done to the sound is tremendous. As you can see from the enclosed picture all I have to do is unplug it and loosen the strap that is threaded through the childs seat connector on the center seat and pull it out. Well I was so pleased with the performance that I bought another Bazooka on eBay so I wouldn’t have to take it out during the summer.
Appreciate 0