BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
girlwithcarproblems
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw X3 28i S drive

Question 2015 BMW x3 28i Acceleration Issue

Hi, I have a 2015 bmw x3 28i s drive and I'm experiencing issues with my acceleration. It doesn't happen the whole time I drive, but I typically notice issues when I go to accelerate after a slow or dead stop. I can get up to 3 or 4 rpm and only be at 30mph, and I can start to feel the engine jerk, but it's very slight and hard to tell unless you're driving.
Yesterday when I was driving, I was trying to pick up speed and was going around 30/40mph and I got all the way between 6 and 7 Rpm. I have no engine lights on and bmw couldn't find anything wrong with the car when I brought it in. I also brought it to another mechanic shop in February because I noticed my rpm's were very high and I could be pressing the pedal to the floor, and my car would still only be going 15mph. They told me I had a small leak from my sunroof that caused my gas pedal to freeze and that's why I was probably experiencing this.
Along with the acceleration, occasionally when I'm braking my car's rpm can start jumping higher. It's not usually a big jump, but it will go up between a 1/2 and full rpm
I can tell something is definitely wrong, but I don't know what it could be. Has anyone experienced an issue with their x3 or bmw like this?
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
MrBased
Registered
Rep
Drives: BWM X3 2.8i 2012

I had the same problem with my x3 2012 2.8i. I couldnt get speed. Turned out to be an abs sensor. Scan it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 06:16 PM   #3
drukpa
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Does it happen all the time or only intermittently?

When that happens again, check your brakes. Stop the car and see if the wheels are hot.

I have a problem with my 2011, the rear brakes randomly stick.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 03:55 PM   #4
girlwithcarproblems
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw X3 28i S drive

I got an abs unit, front brakes, and a brand-new hydraulic system in November of 2021 because my car kept engaging the brakes on its own. Do you think the abs unit I got could be faulty or is there a different abs sensor for accelerating & braking?
Also, I've gotten it scanned at bmw and autozone, but no error codes show up.
Appreciate 0