BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2023, 12:03 PM   #1
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Bmw x3 28d with non xeon lights non led tail.

I have an issue with the lights on the rear tailgate not lighting up. As far as I can tell they are NOT led lights and they do not appear to have the control board that i have been reading about failing. Is there another common issue that causes them not to work the bulbs are replaced and still not working neither running lights or brakes. only the backup lights on them are working. the high-mount light in the tailgate is working though.

Edit: the main taillights on the body of the car they work just fine. I did replace the front headlights with LED lights and code the car for LED so the warnings go away has this effected the rear lights?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 04:45 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Normal operation of the standard rear lights. There are no taillights in the tailgate lights, just the outer ones. Only rear fogs (used as Brake Force in the US as standard) and the reverse lights in those housings.
Appreciate 0