BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #441
Stevenuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011

Went to the garage today and test drove the x3 , it was so nice not to keen on the stop/start but the guy said you can turn that off so it doesent happen if i wanted to.
So close to ordering just waiting to see what they offer for my car as what he said was well lower then what its worth! so he going to make a "call" on monday and let me know and if not ill try a different garage.
Hopefully order it by next weekend
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #442
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

They should offer the lower of their two guide book prices, with 0 for extras, as the second hand uk market is reportedly grim - dealers can't move them on. Sad fact is people are paying overprice to cut X3 queues so they dont need your business, unless they make a tidy margin. Sorry for the bad news, but better you know. Just one opinion of course but fresh experience. Sell privately might be worth considering if you can take the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #443
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

yeah.. i didn't get the best price for the 5 series trade in... but then again.. given the delays i've had, it's prob not the worst result...

i just hope that the x3 lives up to how it felt when i first test drove it in Jan...
      07-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #444
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenuk View Post
Went to the garage today and test drove the x3 , it was so nice not to keen on the stop/start but the guy said you can turn that off so it doesent happen if i wanted to.
So close to ordering just waiting to see what they offer for my car as what he said was well lower then what its worth! so he going to make a "call" on monday and let me know and if not ill try a different garage.
Hopefully order it by next weekend
Sold my X6 back in Febuary to we will buy your car .com. They were £2500 better than my BMW dealer, maybe worth a try.
If you deal quote Ref 171488879 to receive marks & sparks vouchers.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #445
Stevenuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
Sold my X6 back in Febuary to we will buy your car .com. They were £2500 better than my BMW dealer, maybe worth a try.
If you deal quote Ref 171488879 to receive marks & sparks vouchers.
Thanks for that
Looks like it might be the better thing to do as BMW say that they have to stick to there price lists from " CAP " even though its £2000 less then the other price books
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #446
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Just tried my trade in: £1k worse than dealer offer! Reflects the market?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #447
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

They alternate CAP to Glasses and seem to use the lower.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #448
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I tried webuyanycar.com and they were £500 lower than BMW and that was with me not even declaring some of the scratches and minor damage. Parkers was £9000 book for excellent condition but it was average really so quite happy with the £7500 BMW gave me. They also held that price for 2 months because of the delivery delay. The air con had gone too and I knew it was £500+ to fix

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #449
Stevenuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Its not till April when i would get the x3 so maybe try and sell it privertly
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #450
JimBeamer
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 (2017)2.0d XLine

Hi

I'm new but I thought I would add my story so far...

I ordered my X3 back at the end of Feb; I was originally told that the car would arrive in September. I phone the dealer 3 weeks ago, only for them to tell me it would now be mid to late October. I was disappointed that it took me to call them rather than them contacting me with the news. The Sales Manager then said he would call me back in a week (I’m still waiting).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:38 AM   #451
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeamer View Post
Hi

I ordered my X3 back at the end of Feb; I was originally told that the car would arrive in September. I phone the dealer 3 weeks ago, only for them to tell me it would now be mid to late October. I was disappointed that it took me to call them rather than them contacting me with the news. The Sales Manager then said he would call me back in a week (I’m still waiting).
Cooper Reading by any chance? They were useless at getting back to me and I had to find out about my 2 months of delay by calling and turning up out of the blue. Took multiple calls and messages before I could even speak to my sales advisor. You won't know your delivery date for sure until it goes into production and then the general consensus is this date plus about 6 weeks. Any estimates before then should be taken with a pinch of salt IMO

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:46 AM   #452
JimBeamer
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

It was Sytner Sunningdale, staff a friendly and polite but it seems that once they have your money all communication stops. We had good service from them when we bought the Mini.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:57 AM   #453
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

i placed my order with Coopers Reading as well and currently am getting an email update every month
      07-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #454
Humbug
Enlisted Member
Guernsey
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 xDrive 20d Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeamer View Post
Hi

Something must have gone wrong somewhere! I ordered mine in the middle of February (19th I think) and had a call today to say that the car would be delivered this week which is week 31 which as was given as a target a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #455
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Options Restriction in place Aug-Sept on the auto transmission

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - there is/has been a factory Options Restriction in place for Aug-Sept builds on the auto transmission (part code 205) due to demand (F25 and other models). As a result some F25 orders with auto will be shifted back upto 5 weeks and some maunual transmissions may be brought forward. (I'm auto and may have slipped slightly - but still Sept).

Max3

Last edited by Max1Factor; 07-18-2011 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #456
JimBeamer
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max3Factor View Post
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - there is/has been a factory Options Restriction in place for Aug-Sept builds on the auto transmission (part code 205) due to demand (F25 and other models). As a result some F25 orders with auto will be shifted back upto 5 weeks and some maunual transmissions may be brought forward. (I'm auto and may have slipped slightly - but still Sept).

Max3
I've ordered with Auto and Access Package (power tailgate). I've just spoken with the garage again and they have no update for me except it may now be November. Also told me that orders made a month after mine are slipping to April 2012.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #457
kennygee
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 20d M Sport

Quote:

Max3
I made enquiries to order off local dealers about 3 weeks ago and told delivery would be March/April 2012. I started to ring dealers and found one with a changable build slot with delivery in late November. I ordered a M Sport on the basis it would arrive by December. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #458
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:

Max3
Confirmed this with my dealer. He confirms that BMW has issued a bulletin that some builds will be delayed if 205 (auto) specified. Don't know what the criteria will be other than the 205 option. Mine is due to be built week 38 and is not showing a delay so far. (Please insert praying smiley here!)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #459
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

sigh... not another delay!
      07-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #460
Stevenuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Im ready to order my X3 now its just a mater of finding time to get to the garage!
Heres what im going for:

X3 xDrive20d SE
Deep Sea Blue
Black Nevada Leather

Media Package - Pro
Visibility Package
Cold Weather Package
Auto Gearbox

Run Flat Tires
DAB Radio
6 Disc cd Changer
Loudspeaker System pro
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #461
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
sigh... not another delay!
I feel for you chaps. Hopefully there will be some good news soon and delivery dates will come forward for a change

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #462
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenuk View Post
Im ready to order my X3 now its just a mater of finding time to get to the garage!
Heres what im going for:

X3 xDrive20d SE
Deep Sea Blue
Black Nevada Leather

Media Package - Pro
Visibility Package
Cold Weather Package
Auto Gearbox

Run Flat Tires
DAB Radio
6 Disc cd Changer
Loudspeaker System pro
Very nice spec. I would make two comments: are you sure on no xline which I think complements DSB nicely, and 6 DVD changer Pro nav? - do you really need both when you'll have an HDD and USB flash options for music?

Other things to be sure you don't "need" are Servotronic steering and sports seats. If you're happy without both then that's all good but I would recommend both. All just my opinion - it's your opinion and your money that counts!

That's more than 2 points, I know...

Appreciate 0