BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Go for the Heads up Display. Leatherette is fine, I got it and I'm very happy. I'm sure it will wear better over time with zero upkeep effort.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
GO for the Oyster!!! Almost any of the leather options (imo) will look great in a black X3. I am not happy with how the sand leather looks in general…I like the leather but it seems to be the only leather option that lightens the entire interior of the cabin in a similar sand/beige color. Can someone confirm this? Pictures would be great! I like how the leather is broken up in the door panels, black at the dash and keeps the interior of the cabin dark.

kozzi
It does. You can see it on the online configurator if you select beige

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #25
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
Go for the Heads up Display. Leatherette is fine, I got it and I'm very happy. I'm sure it will wear better over time with zero upkeep effort.
I'm not sure about the HUD. I've heard the replacement windshields are very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
+1 on the wife spilling
+2 on the wife spilling! Sometimes I'm more worried about her spilling than the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
Go for black Nevada.
I am leaning towards black nevada, just to keep the multitude of colours in the cabin to a minimum. Already the dash, roof, doors, and floor are different. But, I also still like the havana...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnE90 View Post
I'm not sure about the HUD. I've heard the replacement windshields are very expensive.
Can't you get separate insurance for your windshields? In the UK almost all car insurance policies have a separate windshield excess at about £50-£100. You can claim and it doesn't affect your no claims bonus, you just pay the excess. The total cost of replacement doesn't matter.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Can't you get separate insurance for your windshields? In the UK almost all car insurance policies have a separate windshield excess at about £50-£100. You can claim and it doesn't affect your no claims bonus, you just pay the excess. The total cost of replacement doesn't matter.
We have a similar thing in US, when you add that option to your insurance you pay a little extra on your premium, but they fix the glass with 0 deductible.
Appreciate 0