BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

Ggrrrrrrrsss!!!!

How unlucky am I? Brand new x3 less than 1000 miles on the clock and I have just today got no less than TWO PUNCTURES!

Non run flat tyres and I don't see any nails. Going to the tyre shop tomorrow hopefully not an expensive fix but what a pain in the arse.

:-/
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Ya know things come in threes right? You may as well run the car out of fuel and get it over and done with.
      10-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
How unlucky am I? Brand new x3 less than 1000 miles on the clock and I have just today got no less than TWO PUNCTURES!

Non run flat tyres and I don't see any nails. Going to the tyre shop tomorrow hopefully not an expensive fix but what a pain in the arse.

:-/
Did you use the compressor and injection kit that came with the car? If so how well did it work?
I'm not looking forward to getting a flat, i would have prefered a space saver spare.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

that's really bad luck...

compressor/injection kit is an option if i remember correctly.. i just took the easy option and got RFTs...
      10-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep

I had a compressor in the "trunk". They are both slow punctures. Off to the tyre place first thing.

Still hacked off but watching the news tonight there are a lot of people with some real problems put there stay safe American chums.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #6
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep

Would you Adam and Eve it? A pin prick hole in each tyre at almost EXACTLY the same point. No nail or screw embedded in the tyre. The holes were on the top of the tread (not the grooves in between). It is like I have driven over a spike or something which was anchored to the road.

Anyhoo, had I followed BMW's gunk and compressor route I would now be looking for two new tyres! each having completed only 1017 miles!

Friendly repair dudes, £25 fixed, balanced and fitted. Great bunch of lads...who with more than 20 years in the business btw hadnt ever seen the like.

I must try to drive different routes for a while so I dont run over whatever it was again.

I think I can discount sabbotage, for if it were they would have went for the side wall or at least the groove part of the tread where it would be thinner and easier to penetrate.
Appreciate 0