BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
nrgetic99
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i

X-Line Pro styling kit on 35i

A couple of quick pics after I spent a few hours fitting the X-Line Pro Styling kit on my Gray 2011 xDrive 35i.

Nice view of the front lower bumper trim

Rear bumper insert, not for faint of heart as you must cut away and remove some of existing bumper cover.

Side trim. Not so sure about this as my vehicle has the narrow silver strip already higher up the door. Will live with a while before deciding what to do.

Install took about 4 hrs but I did drag the rear bumper cover into the family room to cut it and install the insert Ahh well, it was cold in that garage.

It really is not difficult, the front piece requires adding some self tapping screws into the existing bumper cover so not really reversible. The side sills are very straight forward, just remove old ones and snap new ones in place
but you must remove the over fender plastic trim to access some of the fixings. The rear bumper is most involved. Patience is the key and instructions very clear.

Only special tools required are for installing new plastic rivets. I used one for aluminium pop rivets and improvised a tool to release rivet shaft from tool after install as plastic shaft would jam in the gun.

I also added the OEM mudflaps which while seemingly simple are fiddly and require a pressure sensitive tape and inspite me having a heat gun, they just did not stick well so I will redo those when weather warmer. I have new 3M tape in hand.

David

Last edited by nrgetic99; 02-06-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Nice work. The double line on the side you get from xline and xline pro looks better in space grey than in black. I like it. Front especially. I see you've opted for M Sport alloys too. Are they 19s? They look big

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
egal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

How did you get M sport with the Aluminum trim?

Nice job looks great!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelbert View Post
How did you get M sport with the Aluminum trim?
This is not a Msport. It's a standard vehicle with Msport alloys.

But in Europe we have an option to get Msport with Alu.trim. Check one of my previous posts for pictures. http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621292
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Not seen many xline pros, looks good

Was tempted to fit rear pro as I dislike the lower rear standard xline on black

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M Sport- F30 M Sport

Looks really nice, i have the same car but mine is white whit the x-line pro too, the rear bumper is very dificult to do, i have the grey mirror caps and wheels style 310.
      02-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
nrgetic99
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i

Thanks. Its is not an M-Sport but I have added the 19" M Sport wheels.
They are used with less than 3000 miles and in amazing condition but came without tire pressure sensors (don't ask) so its a bit of a PITA. Whats was odd was my car was built in Feb 2011 and had Sport Activity Pack but came with 18s. Nice 18s but 18s all the same. Some time during 2011 it changed to 19's with the Sport Activity Pack.

The whole X-Line pro styling kit started after I saw the front bumper trim which I really, really like. Then I started looking at how akward the rear bumper lower section looked and decided to take the whole kit. I love the way the vehicle looks directly from the rear but still not sold on the rear 3/4 view. However, tough to go backwards now as I cut the old piece off

I traded a 4.8iS and still have not got used to the way my X3 looks so am trying to make it stand out a little.

Getting there but still does excite me to look at the way my 4.8iS did.

I really have my eye on the factory 20s, not the multi spoke but the classic large 5 spoke... watch this space.

David
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
totof25
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f25

hy, have some pics also
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Looks fantastic, love the red interior, wish i had the confidence to go for the same. With the kids in the back i've played safe and gone for a standard black....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
BF52
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTT 335i View Post
Looks really nice, i have the same car but mine is white whit the x-line pro too, the rear bumper is very dificult to do, i have the grey mirror caps and wheels style 310.
Any change u could post pictures of it?
Have a white on order & am thinking of the Xline Pro.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Looks great, I really like the way it changed the front and rear look.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic99 View Post
A couple of quick pics after I spent a few hours fitting the X-Line Pro Styling kit on my Gray 2011 xDrive 35i.
David
You've been busy Ya did good Understanding your reference to the 4.8is I understand your goals X Line-Pro helps a bit - I personally like the non-MSport F25's. I might consider going with the kit myself.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M Sport- F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF52 View Post
Any change u could post pictures of it?
Have a white on order & am thinking of the Xline Pro.
Here is mine
Attached Images

07-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #14
richardlam9
Registered
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Installation of X Line Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic99 View Post

Nice view of the front lower bumper trim

Rear bumper insert, not for faint of heart as you must cut away and remove some of existing bumper cover.

Side trim. Not so sure about this as my vehicle has the narrow silver strip already higher up the door. Will live with a while before deciding what to do.

Install took about 4 hrs but I did drag the rear bumper cover into the family room to cut it and install the insert Ahh well, it was cold in that garage.

It really is not difficult, the front piece requires adding some self tapping screws into the existing bumper cover so not really reversible. The side sills are very straight forward, just remove old ones and snap new ones in place
but you must remove the over fender plastic trim to access some of the fixings. The rear bumper is most involved. Patience is the key and instructions very clear.

Only special tools required are for installing new plastic rivets. I used one for aluminium pop rivets and improvised a tool to release rivet shaft from tool after install as plastic shaft would jam in the gun.

I also added the OEM mudflaps which while seemingly simple are fiddly and require a pressure sensitive tape and inspite me having a heat gun, they just did not stick well so I will redo those when weather warmer. I have new 3M tape in hand.

David
Hi David, I really like your X Line Pro installed. Good work! It is very nice looking. I decide to install it for my F25 xDrive 28i (black sapphire) which was just delivered to me one month ago in Hong Kong. But the local BMW dealer cannot install it for me now for some reason and I have to wait for 6 months. Knowing the OEM option I decide to do it by myself or by local garage. I am wonder whether you may share the installation drawing with me? I wish to make sure the installation can be done by myself or by the local garage. Thank you.

Richard @ Hong Kong
Appreciate 0