BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #23
minilude
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 f25

I searched this thread because my four OEM summer tire on 2011 X3 35i (with sports package before April/2011) worn out at around 18000-19000km. I changed my winter tires at Canadian tire and they left comments saying the old summer tires (1-2 tires among the four) had steel belt showing which is very dangerous, so I guess they were actually worn out at less than 18000km. In Nov 2012 after I put on my winter tires and I brought the summer tires to the dealer in New Market, ON (Serpa, or previously Open Road where I bought my car) and they only agrees to offer 20% off on a set of new tires. I was not satisfied at that time and also because it was still in winter, I didn't actually buy the new summer tires. I let my old summers sleep in my garage for the whole winter. In Apirl 2013 when I called Serpa BMW again they said the Manager of parts department has changed since then and they couldn't find any of my last dispute's records. Stupid then I bought a set of new tires from Tirerack (tried to get a better deal but it is still expensive...lol). Till today I'm still very angry about this situation. I found an article on the internet that there were BMW owners filed lawsuit against the tire replacement less than 10000mile and 10000-30000miles and they got settlement.

Article here
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2....html#comments

I'm thinking about bringing this matter up again, but where should I complain to? I tried to call the headquarter in Nov 2012 but they asked me to speaker to the dealer where I got my car...

Last edited by minilude; 07-15-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0