BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
howiedds
D.D.S.
Rep
Drives: 12 AW E70 X5d

what needs to be ordered for M-sport to have all the DHP..etc????

ok, so whats the deal on this? I've been reading and searching, and it's too confusing....Does anyone know the def. answer? what packages do i need to specify to get all the handling/steering tech with the msport x3 3.5i? Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

It's very simple. Get the DHP - dynamic handling package.
      08-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiedds View Post
ok, so whats the deal on this? I've been reading and searching, and it's too confusing....Does anyone know the def. answer? what packages do i need to specify to get all the handling/steering tech with the msport x3 3.5i? Thanks!!!
If you just get the M Package, it just comes with the rocker switch the has Normal, Sport, and Sport+. This should only adjust the steering input as well as more sensitive throttle and hold onto gears longer. In order to adjust the suspension settings, you have to get the Dynamic Comfort Package that comes with the Dynamic Dampers.... This is what I think...

I have the M Sport package only and it comes with the rocker switch that adjust the following things mentioned above, but I do not feel the suspension getting softer or harder as I did not add the Dynamic Comfort Package...

Hopes this helps!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
If you just get the M Package, it just comes with the rocker switch the has Normal, Sport, and Sport+. This should only adjust the steering input as well as more sensitive throttle and hold onto gears longer. In order to adjust the suspension settings, you have to get the Dynamic Comfort Package that comes with the Dynamic Dampers.... This is what I think...

I have the M Sport package only and it comes with the rocker switch that adjust the following things mentioned above, but I do not feel the suspension getting softer or harder as I did not add the Dynamic Comfort Package...

Hopes this helps!!!
And a further clarificaton, the suspension (dampers) adjustment is called Dynamic Handling Pkg. in the US, but Dynamic Comfort Pkg in Canada. Same thing, different name. It helps add to the confusion.
      08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

i also have m-sport without DHP and i don't know the real answer, but i feel the suspension tightening with sport, sport+, compared to normal. maybe that's just me. i thought DHP is a much more technical execution of variable suspension settings.

Quote:

Hopes this helps!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
howiedds
D.D.S.
Rep
Drives: 12 AW E70 X5d

yeah it seems bmw may have finally fixed this issue (just visited bmwusa)...you can now select DHP on the configuration, separate from m-sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsa View Post
i also have m-sport without DHP and i don't know the real answer, but i feel the suspension tightening with sport, sport+, compared to normal. maybe that's just me. i thought DHP is a much more technical execution of variable suspension settings.
Suspension tightening feel maybe caused by the tighter and heavier steering??? It just seems redundant how BMW would offer another dynamic damper option for $1500 along with the M Package... thats just me...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

actually, VSS is only available with DHP. from what i've seen, we do get chassis tightening with m-sport, but it's not the fancy highly technical version offered by DHP. i believe there were some threads with this conclusion.

Quote:
Suspension tightening feel maybe caused by the tighter and heavier steering??? It just seems redundant how BMW would offer another dynamic damper option for $1500 along with the M Package... thats just me...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsa View Post
we do get chassis tightening with m-sport, but it's not the fancy highly technical version offered by DHP.
Chassis tightening means changes in DSC settings, no changes possible with SUSPENSION settings. For changes in suspension settings u need DHP.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #10
sd1014
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future 2012 X3 35i

Here's something that was a little weird, when I placed the order and received the order sheet I did not have DHP as an added option, only the Msport/Premium/Tech/Conv/HUD. About a week later I changed the interior color and received the new order sheet, it still had only the above options (no DHP). Then about a month later I went back to the dealership because I decided to add the DHP and wanted to add it before the vehicle entered production. Now for some strange reason the sheet the dealer had given me to look over already had it listed as an option. Could it be that the dealer was screwing around with my order after I changed it last or does the DHP automatically default with the MSport?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1014 View Post
Here's something that was a little weird, when I placed the order and received the order sheet I did not have DHP as an added option, only the Msport/Premium/Tech/Conv/HUD. About a week later I changed the interior color and received the new order sheet, it still had only the above options (no DHP). Then about a month later I went back to the dealership because I decided to add the DHP and wanted to add it before the vehicle entered production. Now for some strange reason the sheet the dealer had given me to look over already had it listed as an option. Could it be that the dealer was screwing around with my order after I changed it last or does the DHP automatically default with the MSport?
I'm confused. The last Vehicle Inquiry sheet you were given ... so you went to the dealer to add the DHP, and your CA says, let me print out your current setup, look it over first before I add the DHP??? If you went to add it, and the CA added it, and then they printed out a new inquiry sheet and gave it to you, why woudln't it be on there?

Did the price jump $1300 ? If not then something's wrong.

Sounds like your CA is a dumbass. Probably the type where you receive your car and you get a "oops .. this option isn't there for some reason."

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo

Last edited by sard; 08-12-2011 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #12
sd1014
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future 2012 X3 35i

Yeah, when I first sat down he gave me the print out of the old configuration and he said, oh look you already have it on here, and that's when I pulled out my copy of the last configuration that we agreed on that did not have DHP. There is no pricing on the configuration sheet that they print out but he did say it would go up now. If I would have already known it was on there I would have kept my mouth shut and I may have gotten it for free. And yes the people I was dealing with were dumb so I canceled my order and am now holding out for the 2012 from a NEW DEALER.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1014 View Post
Yeah, when I first sat down he gave me the print out of the old configuration and he said, oh look you already have it on here, and that's when I pulled out my copy of the last configuration that we agreed on that did not have DHP. There is no pricing on the configuration sheet that they print out but he did say it would go up now. If I would have already known it was on there I would have kept my mouth shut and I may have gotten it for free. And yes the people I was dealing with were dumb so I canceled my order and am now holding out for the 2012 from a NEW DEALER.
Ah okay. My Vehicle Inquiry sheet does have the msrp pricing on it..for all the packages and the total. That's strange. Sucks you'll have to wait longer, but I guess better safe than sorry. Sorry you have to re order.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0