BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
Jay Cee
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive 20D M Sport

Extended Bluetooth

Hi all, just bought my girlfriend a 2013 F25 XDRIVE 20D M Sport so have registered here.

I did plenty of research before buying it, downloading and comparing a LOT of spec sheets from the bimmer.work website, and it appears to be one of the best specc'd 20Ds in the country, it has nearly everything but there's always room for more of course! Vin last 7 are 0C70831 if anybody wants to look at the options.

What's got my interest at the moment is bluetooth. According to the options list we have 6NH which I think is only the basic, not the extended version. We're Blackberry users which of course doesn't help in regard to apps, so a lot of the BMWConnected functions aren't possible. As far as I can tell she'll only have the option of making calls, not receiving emails or texts or using the "Office" functions, which is a shame as it'll be her business car. A single phone is also the only option I think. Over time I want to try and rectify these things, a different phone to Blackberry will help also.

I believe the "Combox" plays a part here but I'm not sure, I've seen pictures online of comboxes underneath rear load compartments and some cars don't have them, but ours has a build date of 11th September 2013 so is that combox location relevant?

I've had an X5 previously which I used to code frequently using Jochen Siegenthaler's NavCoder programme, some of you may be familiar, but this is obviously a very different machine. Can I code it to upgrade the basic bluetooth to the extended version? 6NH to 6NS? Do I have the right combox to do this?

At a later date I'll be investigating TV options, I've looked around this forum but haven't yet found any threads relating to the TV function. That would just be fitting the right box and coding it I presume.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.
Appreciate 0