BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

Mojave interior pics?

Does anyone have real pics of the Mojave leather interior that's available through special order in the US. I have ordered mine around Xmas and will be taking delivery at PDC February 25th.
My build was as follows
2011 x3 28i
Black sapphire metallic
Mojave leather
Fineline wave wood (the darker one)
Sport activity pkg
Premium pkg
Convenience pkg
Technology pkg
Cold weather pkg
Premium hifi sound system
Sat radio

Seen pics on the configuration tools at bmwusa.com and loved it enough to order it. Just wondering if anyone had pics of one they've taken delivery on yet.

Last edited by Hutt; 02-02-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

I'd love to see Mojave also…anyone take delivery of mojave leather?
      02-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
pwdrskr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
I'd love to see Mojave also…anyone take delivery of mojave leather?
2nd...would love to see a pic.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
Does anyone have real pics of the Mojave leather interior that's available through special order in the US. I have ordered mine around Xmas and will be taking delivery at PDC February 25th.
My build was as follows
2011 x3 28i
Black sapphire metallic
Mojave leather
Fineline wave wood (the darker one)
Sport activity pkg
Premium pkg
Convenience pkg
Technology pkg
Cold weather pkg
Premium hifi sound system
Sat radio

Seen pics on the configuration tools at bmwusa.com and loved it enough to order it. Just wondering if anyone had pics of one they've taken delivery on yet.
it similar to havanna brown color outside the US, see http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...hlight=havanna

Sorry it ain't a pretty color from these pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Agreed, shocker! And there's only so much you can blame the camera flash on

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep

Wow, seems to stir up some passionate feelings towards this leather choice. I noticed some people hate the Havanna, others seem to "Defend" it with the camera flash comments. From everything I have seen it does look like a dark neutral chocolate brown, and I chose it with the dark wave wood which I thought it looked great together. I guess I will have to wait until Feb 25th at the PDC to render a final decision on whether I like the color combo, but I better. It's way too late now
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

I think it will look great and unique. I originally had that configuration, but changed to space gray/blk because I am too risk adverse, but I deep down wanted the blk/mohave combo. I'll be at the PDC on the 25th with you and looking forward to seeing it in person, if possible!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Sounds like a great combo to me.
      02-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBimmer View Post
I think it will look great and unique. I originally had that configuration, but changed to space gray/blk because I am too risk adverse, but I deep down wanted the blk/mohave combo. I'll be at the PDC on the 25th with you and looking forward to seeing it in person, if possible!
JamesBimmer. I look forward to meeting you as well. Space gray and black was something I looked at. The local dealer here got their 28 launch car in that and it looked sharp. You will be happy. So what was your build. Will you b at the Grnvl Marriott on the 24th as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep

Check out the thread "picked up my 2011 x3 28i Saturday". In there somebody posted pics their jet black with Mojave interior. Definitely looks different when the flash was used. Either way it looks like I expected. A chalky dark grey brown. The seats closest to the flash appear a little lighter but I do think that's the effects of the flash. The door panel pics u can tell were done without the flash as well. Check it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #11
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Wow, seems to stir up some passionate feelings towards this leather choice. I noticed some people hate the Havanna, others seem to "Defend" it with the camera flash comments. From everything I have seen it does look like a dark neutral chocolate brown, and I chose it with the dark wave wood which I thought it looked great together. I guess I will have to wait until Feb 25th at the PDC to render a final decision on whether I like the color combo, but I better. It's way too late now
More Mohave pics, loaded by yesterday http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483053
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes thank you. Looks a little lighter than the online configuration but still not bad. I think it was described as "milk chocolate" which wouldn't be bad at all but IMO the web pics look like a little more gray than a milk chocolate.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #13
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
JamesBimmer. I look forward to meeting you as well. Space gray and black was something I looked at. The local dealer here got their 28 launch car in that and it looked sharp. You will be happy. So what was your build. Will you b at the Grnvl Marriott on the 24th as well.
Hutt, yes - my wife and I will be at the Marriott on the 24th as well. Looking forward to it.

Config is: Premium, Convenience, Cold Weather, and Roof rails. The car was complete a few days ago and the video is posted. Quite a bit in advance, but better than late!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBimmer View Post
Hutt, yes - my wife and I will be at the Marriott on the 24th as well. Looking forward to it.

Config is: Premium, Convenience, Cold Weather, and Roof rails. The car was complete a few days ago and the video is posted. Quite a bit in advance, but better than late!
Nice! Still waiting on my video. Are they still having issues with a few of their webcams or were they are operating for your debut.
Appreciate 0