BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #573
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabcap View Post
Nope!.. I'm sorry, but I can't wait what could easily slip to 9 or 10 mths by the time it comes round.
Ring a few dealers - I got a cancelled order production slot, so my wait was 'only' 3 months.
      12-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #574
calvinlacock
Rep
Drives: X3 SE 2014

Merry Christmas and all that guys..

I am now seriously losing the will to live with my BMW dealer.

Ordered X3 beginning of July - told that it'll be here in time for Christmas. In the meanwhile, i've been keeping a close eye on the forums here.

Got periodic updates from the dealer - all on track etc until Oct when I chased him for a build week. At this point, the excuses came out and for some reason - delivery end Dec turned into "it's being built end of Dec".

When we called today, surprise - NO VIN and it's now due mid march delivery. When I asked them if we have a build week from the factory, they quoted week 10 - am i right in assuming that it's mid march build?

When I questioned them on how we ended up from week 51/52 to week 10, the reply was 'there wasn't a built week before'

Sounds like utter BS to me - does anyone else believe this or am I being strung along?

What options do I have ... can I somehow put pressure on them ?

Thanks for any info ..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #575
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Sounds very shady to me......I would be asking myself if I wanted to give them my money after that behaviour. As for your options, I guess its take it or leave it ! There are plenty of other cars out there.
      12-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #576
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlacock View Post

Ordered X3 beginning of July - told that it'll be here in time for Christmas. In the meanwhile, i've been keeping a close eye on the forums here.

Got periodic updates from the dealer - all on track etc until Oct when I chased him for a build week. At this point, the excuses came out and for some reason - delivery end Dec turned into "it's being built end of Dec".

When we called today, surprise - NO VIN and it's now due mid march delivery. When I asked them if we have a build week from the factory, they quoted week 10 - am i right in assuming that it's mid march build?

When I questioned them on how we ended up from week 51/52 to week 10, the reply was 'there wasn't a built week before'

Sounds like utter BS to me - does anyone else believe this or am I being strung along?

Thanks for any info ..

That's quite worrying .. Mine was ordered end of July/beginning of August and my dates haven't moved at all (as far as I know) told all along it would be February build for March delivery .. Last time I spoke to them beginning of December it was all still on course

Hopefully the dates aren't slipping ...

I'd have thought your dates for July - dec would have been about right .. Though I hear that delivery is now upto 12 months

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #577
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

My May order came on time - early Dec. It sounds like the dealer didn't have enough slots and was hoping to find one.
      12-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #578
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Mine's still on track. Ordered 4 May at which point I was given an estimated delivery date of 12 Jan. Last update on Friday showed the car in transit to the UK and gave me a UK vehicle registration for it. Delivery to me around 12 Jan looks bang on.

If the dealer my fleet company is using can give this sort of precision, I have no idea why other BMW UK dealers can't do the same. I suspect they're selling allocations they don't have.
      12-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #579
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Isuspect they're selling allocations they don't have.
Now that is naughty .. Do you reckon they are ? And if so where did they think they would get the cars from ?

Or do you reckon that once they have the deposit they reckon they have the customer hooked ?

I must admit that my sales guy has been pretty on the ball throughout particularly over "wheel gate"

Oh no what did I just say !!

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #580
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlacock View Post

Thanks for any info ..
I ordered 13th July and was given a date of 31st jan, last update was early feb but I have my doubts, if it pushes out I'll wait till 1st March.

We've just ordered the other halves new 320d x drive touring, which will arrive 1st March too
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #581
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Now that is naughty .. Do you reckon they are ? And if so where did they think they would get the cars from ?

Or do you reckon that once they have the deposit they reckon they have the customer hooked ?
Same thing, really. Take the deposit knowing full well that the lead time was already minimum of 8 months and the customer would just have to stick it out. There are a number of posts in this thread about people ordering in July-Sept and being told to expect delivery this year (yet 2 months earlier I had already been told Jan 15 for mine). One or two have been lucky and did pick up cancelled slots (which strikes me as being a tad unfair - why doesn't the next in the queue get bumped up?) I can only conclude from my experience that the majority were being somewhat misled but I don't profess to understand how BMW Group manages its sales pipeline and build scheduling. Maybe there's some bloke who rolls a couple of dice and that's how many months you wait ... he rolls a double 6 and not only do you wait 12 months but you get different wheels to the ones you paid a premium for.

Hard to see how the dealer loses ... you're probably 2-3 months in before you get suspicious and by then you have limited options:
1. Cancel the order and hope to get a slot with another dealer (which in reality probably means going to the back of the queue again)
2. Cancel and choose a different model/manufacturer with a shorter lead time
3. Cancel and buy a used X3 (usually close to list price)
4. Stick it out knowing that at least you're not at the bottom of a long list

Those of us on our second F25 saw it all before with the 2011 launch. Some of us got honest quotes of 8-9 months, some were told 3-4 months but ended up waiting (you guessed it) 8-9 months.

I've got over it now ... realised it's all just "first world problems" and bitching about the wait for my a new car when I've got a perfectly good A4 costing me nothing makes me look like a bit of a spoiled prat NB that comment is aimed purely at me, not commenting on anyone else's frustrations ... most of you are parting with your own money and have things like residuals on your current cars to add complications.
      12-31-2014, 03:27 AM   #582
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well today is the last day of the year in which I ordered my X3

Roll on march !

Happy new year to you all , those that already have their cars and those that are still waiting

Happy driving

Andy

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 03:39 AM   #583
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
.. most of you are parting with your own money and have things like residuals on your current cars to add complications.
It is a total bitch to be fair..I won't get a price for my current car till next month

The spec of the new one is dependant on the price I get for the old one ... And if the dealer kicks me too hard there won't be a new one for me anyway

The dealer reckons I'll be ok .. But I have never waited so long for a car or being in this position of having a depreciating asset being the key component in the funding of the new one !

Hate the uncertainty

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #584
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It is a total bitch to be fair..I won't get a price for my current car till next month

The spec of the new one is dependant on the price I get for the old one ... And if the dealer kicks me too hard there won't be a new one for me anyway

The dealer reckons I'll be ok .. But I have never waited so long for a car or being in this position of having a depreciating asset being the key component in the funding of the new one !

Hate the uncertainty
Luckily my current car goes back to bmw so I don't have a part ex to worry about.

Hopefully you'll be ok then, I assume your playing the game of taking it for valuation spotlessly clean?, I know they don't value if based on anything but book, but I always think it helps
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #585
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
Luckily my current car goes back to bmw so I don't have a part ex to worry about.

Hopefully you'll be ok then, I assume your playing the game of taking it for valuation spotlessly clean?, I know they don't value if based on anything but book, but I always think it helps
When I look at the glass's guide it seems about bob on but... As I have a significant discount I think they may try to kick me. ... I hope not

The spread from retail seems about right from what the guide says and what they are asking for them £19500-20000

The spread from excellent condition on trade in ( which mine genuinely is ) to poor condition runs from £16400 down to £13500 with a private asking price of £17995

So next week the dealer is making me an offer ... Wonder where he will be ?

My car was a bmw uk press car so has to be one of the highest spec X1's in the Uk with about £13k of optional extras

Just want a fair price for it as can't be arsed with the pratts (being polite) that come with private sales. When I sold an Audi Quattro a few years ago I had someone try to scam me and another try to rob me !

If it's at the bottom I reckon I'll be keeping it !

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #586
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When I look at the glass's guide it seems about bob on but... As I have a significant discount I think they may try to kick me. ... I hope not

The spread from retail seems about right from what the guide says and what they are asking for them £19500-20000

The spread from excellent condition on trade in ( which mine genuinely is ) to poor condition runs from £16400 down to £13500 with a private asking price of £17995

So next week the dealer is making me an offer ... Wonder where he will be ?

My car was a bmw uk press car so has to be one of the highest spec X1's in the Uk with about £13k of optional extras

Just want a fair price for it as can't be arsed with the pratts (being polite) that come with private sales. When I sold an Audi Quattro a few years ago I had someone try to scam me and another try to rob me !

If it's at the bottom I reckon I'll be keeping it !
I dread to say it but it might be worth getting a WBAC quote prior to going it just as more evidence.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #587
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
I dread to say it but it might be worth getting a WBAC quote prior to going it just as more evidence.
I have. .. Towards the lower end to be honest but that didn't account for the spec just a very basic quote.

I have made it quite clear all along what I need to do the deal so he knows that if he low balls me I'll walk. He's stated all along that I'll be ok with it .. My plan based on what is a fair price would see me putting no cash in .. If suddenly it needs a big cash injection it won't be happening ... And he knows that !

But it is very frustrating and the uncertainty is killing me .. I haven't got my perfect spec on order and depending on where the figures fit I'd change the spec .. But it is getting close to locking ....

Very frustrating

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #588
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have. .. Towards the lower end to be honest but that didn't account for the spec just a very basic quote.

I have made it quite clear all along what I need to do the deal so he knows that if he low balls me I'll walk. He's stated all along that I'll be ok with it .. My plan based on what is a fair price would see me putting no cash in .. If suddenly it needs a big cash injection it won't be happening ... And he knows that !

But it is very frustrating and the uncertainty is killing me .. I haven't got my perfect spec on order and depending on where the figures fit I'd change the spec .. But it is getting close to locking ....

Very frustrating
When I was ordering I got a trade in value of mine at that point in time of £12k, WBAC was just over £10k outstanding finance was £14k at the time.

For me as there is no equity in it I'm handing it back to BMW under VT which made my deal on the x3 a simple cash lump and finance.

I was tempted to add a few bits recently but have stuck with the spec I put in originally.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:43 AM   #589
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
When I was ordering I got a trade in value of mine at that point in time of £12k, WBAC was just over £10k outstanding finance was £14k at the time.

For me as there is no equity in it I'm handing it back to BMW under VT which made my deal on the x3 a simple cash lump and finance.

I was tempted to add a few bits recently but have stuck with the spec I put in originally.
I was venting my frustration last night .. VT is not an option for me though ... I work on the assumption that bmw put a £4k margin across their stock .. Which seeing that they are selling similar cars to mine for £19-£20k I should be absolutely fine .... I hope

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 07:01 AM   #590
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was venting my frustration last night .. VT is not an option for me though ... I work on the assumption that bmw put a £4k margin across their stock .. Which seeing that they are selling similar cars to mine for £19-£20k I should be absolutely fine .... I hope
Got my fingers crossed for you
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #591
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Got my fingers crossed for you
+1

Horrible situation and with demand so high it possibly puts the dealer in a stronger position. Is it this sort of thing that leads to them having available build slots? They try to stiff someone on a used valuation, they walk and then the dealer just fills the slot with another buyer?
      01-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #592
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

In the UK.......

My dealer has just informed me that the car has arrived into the UK.....so close now....
      01-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #593
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
+1

Horrible situation and with demand so high it possibly puts the dealer in a stronger position. Is it this sort of thing that leads to them having available build slots? They try to stiff someone on a used valuation, they walk and then the dealer just fills the slot with another buyer?
Well the conversation is taking place this week ... Watch this space

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #594
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
My dealer has just informed me that the car has arrived into the UK.....so close now....
Nice one, still no word on mine even being built yet.

Will keep an eye out round here as done see many lci x3's
Appreciate 0