BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
ray-ray89
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red 2009 135i

2007 x3 over heating problems

Hey guys I need help on my x3 it started about two months ago when my wife was driving it then she stopped at a stop light and got stuck there on a green light because the car wouldn't gas .. Idk what's wrong with it I took it to the dealer but it's too much to fix cause they said it might be 3 different things that is wrong with the car .. I have to pay for consultation and they think it's the thermostat, radiator problem or the fans are broke and not supplying the air that it needs to keep the car cool .. It starts and everything but as soon as it reaches to half on the temperature on the dash it'll just shoot up to the red and it'll automatically won't let you gas the vehicle and get stuck in the middle of the road. Idk if I should trade it in or fix it. I like the car and I enjoy driving it but the maintenance is getting a little more than what I can afford at this time. What should I do guys any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
Krisms
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i

was it showing any error or icon in your dash?

i had a similar situation but on a 2007 335i. it ended up being a failed water pump. no water cooling the engine, hence, the overheat. mechanic also replaced the thermostat since it's in the vicinity and it's not that expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
ray-ray89
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms
was it showing any error or icon in your dash?

i had a similar situation but on a 2007 335i. it ended up being a failed water pump. no water cooling the engine, hence, the overheat. mechanic also replaced the thermostat since it's in the vicinity and it's not that expensive.
Nothing pops up on the dash it just goes up to the red and it'll beep then you can't press gas anymore .. I just pulled out the thermostat and water pump I'm waiting on the parts now
Appreciate 0